Apple Banning Screen Protectors From Its Retail And Online Stores?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Banning Screen Protectors From Its Retail And Online Stores?

iLounge is reporting that Apple has stopped selling screen protectors as well as any case or accessory that includes screen protection in its retail and online stores for the iPhone, iPod and Mac. According to Macworld, Apple has also banned popular anti-glare films for laptops as well as protection and...

Read the full story here

Comments

• apple eater
    apple eater Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

OMG ITS NOT TOO FREAKIN HARD TO PUT ON A SCREEN PROTECTOR!!!!

• iom_jack
    iom_jack Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

really apple are developing more enemies, loosing developer and producing more crap!!!!

• HCWHunter
    HCWHunter Posts: 49
    via Wordpress

While it's not too hard to apply a film screen protector, some of the cheaper ones don't always line up with the speaker/home key cutouts exactly. I've also found that they always end up with bubbles here and there either immediately upon application, or over time as you use the iPhone. After replacing mine 3 times over a year and a half, I've stopped using the film.

HW

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

I know why! Apple is protecting the world of plastics one screen protector at a time. Genius!

• aj
    aj Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

I use a film screen protecter and it is brilliant

• Wolfshooter
    Wolfshooter Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ok, banning a product and not selling a product are completely different things. If Apple doesn't want to deal with the consumer issues of selling a screen protector I don't see it as a fundamental issue comparable to banning particular apps developed and sold by third parties. A ban makes it sound so much worse. Personally, I don't really care if I get a bubble on my screen or if I have to change my protector once a month - they're about $2 and so much cheaper than replacing a scratched screen.

• tango_dmc@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

Stupidest thing I've ever heard, I use to sell pda devices and cell phones, first thing I suggest is get a case or screen protector. When you're forking out $200 to $700 on a device, you should always protect your investment. A scratched screen is never a pretty thing, dents and nicks on the body casing can also shorten the life of your device. Get a a decent case or spend the extra 50 cents for a better fitting screen protector. Those excuses given as to why Apple are banning protectors are bias and ridiculous. It's like saying if someone can't put their socks on right department stores will start banning the sales of socks.. here's a more valid and logical excuse for Apple, ever think they are doing this so you WILL damage your device and send it in for repairs, sure I'll stop using screen protectors and cases the minute Apple changes their warranty to cover damages for scratched screens and drops. Apple Apple, tsk tsk, you need to learn from your past stupidity. I love your product but keep this up, your loyal customers will eventually get fed up.

My 2 cents worth.

• Hoy
    Hoy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

screen protector is all preferance and mental reasurance. the screens are glass, you need something equally as hard or harder than glass to even scratch it. If you are doing things that would do that to your screen in the first place you probably shouldnt have your exspensive phone in places like that. but thats just my opinion.

• JL
    JL Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

u mean like a key.... sooo dont put ur iphone in ur pocket... with hard objects lol.. kinda unreasonable imo

• dwight
    dwight Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Gimme a break. It's a phone dude. You wanna "protect your investment"? Omg. Just use it like it's was intended to be used and when it's time to buy a new phone, go buy one. It ain't that complicated. The iPhone is durable and can take more wear and tear than most phones. Nobody needs a case or a screen protector. So it's get a scratch on it, it ain't the end of the world. IT'S A PHONE, NOT A HUMAN CHILD.

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Geez u take things literally. Who cares ppl will alway go some where else to get the screen protectors.

• Tick
    Tick Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

I'm a cop. I carry my phone on duty and have found it a valued tool. I've used it for everything from looking up an obscure vehicle code to finding the address for a call in the middle of nowhere. And the last thing I need to worry about is my iPhone getting damaged when I have to go hands on with a person unexpectedly. I have an otterbox with a built in screen protector and I am convinced that I'd have been through at least 2 phones already had it not been for my case.

• loui
    loui Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

It is a shame that apple is banning cases and screen protectors in its stores, do they just want people accidentally scratching their so expensive screens and droping(laptops, ipod/iphones,ipad,etc) them so you can buy a new one!!!!????
    better keep up your business cuz otherwise I will look forward to buy a cloned 4g iphone from sum chinese retailer...

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

The problem is that too many people are returning and exchanging these films because they screwed up the application. This results in time wasted by apple employees having to deal with these unnecessary transactions. They're losing money on these protectors rather than making money.

An alternative would be to sell them with a no refund no exchange policy to cut back on the returns.

• dwight
    dwight Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
  • Ic0nic
    Ic0nic Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

LOL awesome... the screen is glass people, don't carry it in your pocket with your keys and it will be FINE!!!

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

It's much safer in a case worn on the belt. It's usually the women that toss it in their purses. I wouldn't put my iphone in my pocket.

• YW
    YW Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Who goes the apple store anyway?!

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Time to get ivyskin quattro something.... it's kind of expensive but man it's a good purchase! the screen protector isn't a film but a glass!

• Scratch
    Scratch Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I would rather scratch a human child than my phone. The child will heal.

• e
    e Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Wow dwight, such a mature responce. So on topic!

• sahid
    sahid Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

Who wants to pay retail at the apple store anyways when you can get them for a dollar or less per screen protector at eBay.!!!! Geezzzz apple who cares. BTw, can't wait till the jailbreak for 3gs 3.1.3 comes out so that I can do what ever the f I want with my phone. Apple has got to stop trying to control customers!! 2 chances off... 1 left to go!

• Steveo
    Steveo Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

You said it! Scratch the child. This phone is just too precious to injure.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

The coppers round here (South Wales, UK) (Not England lol) have just been issued with Blackberrys even though the majority voted for the iPhone

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Nice comment dwight, proves that some aeomebic life still exists under rocks.
    Hope one day you call 999/911/112 and Tick forgot to replace his scratch protector so can't find you till after the ass bandits have had their fill.

• Extreme Monkey
    Extreme Monkey Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Why are people over reacting to this? Apple is not "banning" anything. It has just decided not to sell items that come with or are screen protectors.

The most common complaint that Apple has to deal with in there stores are to do with refunds from screen protectors. I myself have whitnessed 6 in one hour this morning at there store in London.

All of the ones I whitnessed this morning were offered a replacement and pro install - now this must cost Apple a fortune in wages and stock, so if they have decided to stop this and concentrate time and money on "real" problems - I say good on them!

If any other retailer in the world did something similar it wouldn't even make the local news paper - but because it's Apple people react like the world is going to end. Just imagine a shoe shop decides not to sell shoe polish - is it a big problem? The answer is NO, because you can get shoe polish from other places. Guess what, you can do the same with Screen Protection!!!

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

maybe apple should make a screen that doesn't scratch when ur keys and the iphone are in the same pocket

• K
    K Posts: 44
    via Wordpress

and what apple gonna ban next?apple,iphone?
    evil gave human apple then God gave us JAILBREAK!!!!
    yu know what to do.

• Johnrz2007@aol.com
    via Wordpress

It has to do with the brand. I don't think Apple wants to be associated with a product that many consumers may complain about. It can ruin a company's image.

• SteveBJ
    SteveBJ Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Lol...it just doesn't make any sense. I paid $300 bucks plus 2 years contract with AT&T Wireless+Data Service for the iPhone.

So yeah, I must protect my damn phone with a case and screen protector! I happen to drop my iPhone several times and it didn't do any damage to my iPhone because of the protector. One time I accidently slam my keys so hard that it hits the iPhone screen and screen protector look damage badly I though that my iPhone screen eventually screwed! but it turns out just the protector.

Here is a logical sense. Apple doesn't want you to use any protector so they can easily deny your return or repair due to physical damages causing by you. Yet, protector saves you from that. LOL.............

I like Steve Job's products but I sh*t on his head for being a dictatorship. You make the product and you sell it for money, people paid for it with their hard working money and so they can use whatever they want with it. It's not like Apple giving it out free for everyone to use.

Oh, not all Apple products are so great...Just the iphone that I like...clean OS interface and user friendly. Someday Android is going to take over and Apple is going to die! Probably not...coz that when Steve Jobs start buying Android's stocks. LOL damn riches