Apple Releases iTunes 9.1 To Sync With iPad; Prevents Tethered Jailbroken iPhones From Syncing [Upda

Comments

• Tagart
    Tagart Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Read the article again sparky.

• Tagart
    via Wordpress

Dude, don't give that guy the answer next time, either tell ppl to use google or link an article that explains it and let him find out on their own. If they still can't figure it out then they REALLY don't need to be hear a wise man once said that knowledge is powerful but a little bit of knowledge can be very dangerous. That said, how are ppl ever going to learn anything of they're just given the answers?

• TarkinMX
    TarkinMX Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Maybe they're just speaking with an inflection. :-P

• Tagart
    via Wordpress

I don't think it does, as far as I know saurik's server pulls it from apple's server so it doesn't just look official, it is official. I could be wrong though. But if you'd like to experiment with it I don't think it'd be hard to try.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

so are we down to saying this problem with itunes syncing with blackra1n a 3GS problem only and the 3G and the 2G iphone is safe from this problem and or does this "fix" really work. I dont sync my phone too often with iTunes so not that big a deal if i have to wait a while.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

also how do u use the fix? do u run it after u installed iTunes 9.1?

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Have messaged Saurik & MuscleNerd so hopefully get a definitive :-)
    Was thinking along the lines of: If Sauriks server reads say my UDID then it knows my SHSH's are on file. If a user can fake their UDID, entering my no, then Cydia will think it's my device calling for the restore and allow the Rollback to 3.1.2. I'm not sure if Cydia's servers contact Apple or if they just fool iTunes into thinking Apple has authorised the IPSW.
    May be able to help a few peeps then

• Tagart
    via Wordpress

OK, seriously for those that don't understand, the article says that it doesn't work with tethered devices but that ih8sn0w has a fix for it. Now for those of you that don't understand what a tethered jailbreak is I am provided a link since you're too lazy to use google and find out for yourself so do PLZ READ...

http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/iphone-modifications/un-tethered-v-tethered-jailbreak-58893.html

I hope this educates someone out there and hopefully we'll stop seeing lame comments. I can understand when someone doesn't understand but choosing to not take 5mins to use google to educate yourself is just lazy.

• McHoya
    McHoya Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I don't like the bullying that's going on here. There's absolutely no need to lord your knowledge over those that may not understand the intricacies of jailbreaking (be it tethered or not). Or make others feel bad for not knowing as much as you. Try being helpful -- nothing says you have to answer their questions, but you certainly don't need to use the opportunity to belittle someone. This is exactly why people respect Saurik: his willingness to help anyone or any knowledge level or ability. Learn from him or stay quiet.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Not quite right
    After power down for whatever reason, Blackra1n just reboots your device NOT rejailbreak it

**See Tagarts post below** 

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Oh I should 'So' jump on your ass!!
    If you read the link provided, you'll understand the Topic better.....it's educational, and just be grateful someones (Tagart) gone and done the research for those who can't be bothered, or, in my view, helped those who are new to all this!!
    That ain't bullying in my part of the world

• Dave Dischord
    Dave Dischord Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Has anyone had problems with iPhone Explore and/or iFunBox since updating their iTunes? Neither program can recognize ItunesMobileDevice.dll on my PC.

• anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Rcas bcos ur 3GS is before week 40, dude. You're lucky, that's why you dun have to "tethered JB".

• anonymous
    via Wordpress

hey dude, since it's sitting in the drawer useless, why not just give away to someone who needs it.....like me! LOL

• anonymous
    via Wordpress

Not quite Not quite either
    Not all 3GS are the same either.
    3GS before week 40 = NO need tethered JB
    3GS after week 40 = NEEDS tethered JB
    ;)

• Chris Wade
    Chris Wade Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

Actually they learn by reading the answers, I think just telling people to search google or giving a link is stupid and we need to stop this mentality.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

A good and Valid point :)

should add:
    comments based on my 3Gs
    :)

• TimW
    via Wordpress

A Jailbroken phone is a not a god given right!!
    There's millions of users totally unaware of what's past their 'Lame GUI' and they're happy
    What you going to do when Android starts 'limiting' their os (the networks have started to limit app usage already-not purchased, can't use)

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

Looks like the new iTunes destroyed my i-FunBox too! I am getting an error on it 'unable to locate Apple Mobile Device runtime Support' despite the fact that normal syncing works pretty well on iTunes :/

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

Yes I already said that, unfortunately I believe we have to wait for an update to fix them, otherwise for the time being stick with SSH if you can.

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

hey Tagart...thanks for being an ASS. it's not like we have enough ASSES around here. we could always use another ASS.

since you're sooo smart, maybe you'll know if i'm being sarcastic or not.
    please keep your **** to yourself if you don't have anything decent to contribute with.

people come to sites like this for help..and if you say.."go google it", it's like saying.."i don't know either"..or "i'm better than you because i know and you don't".

why don't you use your smartASS brain to say something else useful.

btw..knowledge is only potential power..if you don't know what to do with the "answer"..it means absolutely nothing.

I swear..people that BASH other people never really think how stupid they sound.

• Tagart
    via Wordpress

I totally agree with you that ppl come here for answers and yes there are in deed answers here to be found, the search function at the top of this page is very useful in finding those answers. This is why I provide links. No I don't feel that links are a waste of time bc if the ppl that wrote those articles, this article or any other article felt that way then they wouldn't write an article at all. An article usually tends to answer the how's and why's ppl tend to have. Compare it to a war, why would you want to know who won and lost without knowing the reason why? Oh wait, I realize that's a bit above your education level so here's another example. Let's compare to spongebob squarepants, would you watch 30secs or the whole episode? I think you'd want to go with the whole episode.

Oh, just so you know I freely admit I'm an ass so you're not hurting my feelings or anything by stating the obvious, thanks for trying though and have a good day. :-)

• Tagart
    via Wordpress

I was just saying I think saurik's server pulls it from apple's bc I bought my 3GS at the beginning of march. It's a refurb so it's got old bootrom but it did come with 3.1.2 so I was in luck. First thing I did was back up my SHSH on cydia. I downloaded a program that I don't remember the name of right off hand but it allowed me to pull my SHSH file from saurik's server and it's version 3.1.3 stored on there. I tried to do a restore using saurik's server and it kept failing using 3.1.2 but was happy with that. Given that apple stopped signing SHSHes for 3.1.2 back in February this is the reason why I think it gets pulled from apple's server originally.

• Tagart
    via Wordpress

You know this doesn't apply to you right?

• jpitch
    jpitch Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Well said McHoya. With that in mind, where would a novice waiting for the next JB go to learn the basics? When the next JB comes out I won't know where to get anything. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

• just sayin'
    just sayin' Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

this is exactly my point. its great that you admit to your own ignorance. my intention isn't to bring you down..since you can do that by yourself.

i don't think links are a waste of time either. if you are gonna bash on another reader for asking a question (no matter how silly it is), you could at least PROVIDE that LINK.

but not only that..sometimes, posts from websites like this aren't the clearest to understand. in those instances, it's helpful that another reader comes and elaborates.

u on the other hand got on just to jab ur mouth at a reader that wasn't quite as bright as you.

i don't think you're as stupid as you really sound. so why don't u put away the childishness and be smarter.

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

And mines a week 36 3GS, which right now is all i'm pleased to say about it lol.
    But well done Tim, if you pull this off deffo a Gold star for you :)

• Warneford
    Warneford Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

You pathetic bullying children. Shame on you really. Why don't you all just go play in the sand pit with your toys. No wonder the human race is so fucked.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Watch out, Bossy kid in the sandpit!!!

• Business VoIP
    Business VoIP Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have to wonder if iTunes will become Apples Mac OS e-book reader. Right now though I could easily leverage a Mac e-book reader that works with Apples new store.