Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone OS 3.1.3 Using Mobile Safari Coming Soon?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageUntethered Jailbreak For iPhone OS 3.1.3 Using Mobile Safari Coming Soon?

Are userland jailbreaks staging a comeback? After European researchers Vincenzo Iozzo and Ralf Philipp Weinmann successfully hacked an iPhone using an exploit in Mobile Safari last week at the Pwn2Own contest, there has been renewed hopes of an untethered userland jailbreak becoming a possibility soon. Unlike conventional jailbreaking techniques, userland...

Read the full story here

Comments

• kDub
    kDub Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

i've said this before.. but many people are gonna be sooo pissed if this turns out to be an elaborate group-effort hoax..or "April Fool's Joke".

that said..i'm excited about all the development of jailbreak news. hope it will become available very soon.

• Rairo
    Rairo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

so many possible JB's but no unlock...

• sebastian
    sebastian Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

What is a iPod Touch 3G?

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

iPod Touch 3rd gen (2009 model)

Updated the post as well.

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

talk talk talk talk........someone back it up already. too much "speculation"

• Drdirty
    Drdirty Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

No one haS any working iPhone 3gs newboot rom 3.1.3 jailbreaks. Videos show nothing and say nothing. It's all vaporware. Even the great geohot has no solid proof. Apple will patch the 3.2 os I am sure

• IlDenteSD
    IlDenteSD Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

DrDirty: Why would Geohot lie? He's one of the best iPhone hackers on the planet. Between him and dev_team, there has never been a "fake" or vaporware jb or unlock solution.

They won't release the exploit until after apple releases either 3.2 or 4.0. They don't want to show their cards yet.

• Jake
    Jake Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

The 3G Touch is on the new iBoot and therefore will work on the 3GS new version.

• DaveLil
    DaveLil Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

So why not show baseband and firmware if it's real not to hard is it.

• p0ison ivy
    p0ison ivy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

They dont need to, IPT3g only comes with the new bootrom and has the lattest FW and BB, so if it works on a IPT3G then it works on every 3.1.3 new and old bootrom, yes also the MC models.

• Macsimos
    Macsimos Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

What do they mean by tethered and untethered jailbreaks?

• WaCko
    WaCko Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

tethered means you need to re-jailbreak to start up the phone if you turn it off or if it dies.
    untethered doesnt have this problem.

• kDub
    kDub Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

correction...IPT3G does NOT have baseband (BB) information.. because there is no modem. they say they can jailbreak..NOT unlock. so baseband information wouldn't matter anyway.

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

no, geohot doesnt believe in that philosophy. as soon as he feels its ready he will release whatever he has

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

basically its whether or not u need to be connected to a pc or mac to jailbreak

• methadone
    methadone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Geohot should back his code up instead of spending too much time photoshopping himself.. ;) I'm not saying i don't believe the videos, but let the actual code speak for itself.. code says more than a 1000 videos! ;)

• Gavin Parker
    Gavin Parker Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Me Personally I'm getting bored of this video crap showing they think they can do it, release it already Christ, half these people that are telling people to shut up moaning it's because they have old i phones so are jail broken so not in the same situation as us. Either release it or stop posting your videos claiming u can ffs!

• Gavin Parker
    via Wordpress

http://easy-iphone-unlocking.com

I e-mailed the team from this site who claim they can unlock the new out of the box mc versions, Im still not sure its true or not, any speculations people?

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

Gavin,do NOT pay a penny for those fake "unlockers".
    It's a big hoax.Read the Devteam blog,you'll see.

• Robert
    via Wordpress

It means that for tethered,you MUST connect your iphone to your PC every single time when you want a reboot.
    Untethered is the opposite.That is the iPhone a have,and it's great. Hope this helped.

• Robert
    via Wordpress

Gavin,I agree with you.I personally hated the tethered 3Gs,and I got rid of it soon after the first few weeks.Too much hassle to connect it to blackra1n every time I wanted to reboot.The last 3gs (MC model,new bootrom) I had got stuck on recovery mode,and never came out of it.I didn't want to update with iTunes,because it meant the 3.1.3 firmware,so I just sold it the way it was.Anyway,it looks like the new "spirit" jailbreak will help you out.I used to watch Redmondpie blog,because he is pretty up to date.Check his site out!!Good luck.

• Robert
    via Wordpress

you are right.It's nothing right now but a huge hocus-pocus with STILL non-existing jailbreaks.
    I exchanged my new 3gs MC model for a new 3G untethered model 2 weeks ago,and I'm so glad that I made that change.Since then,no more headaches.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

The Great Egohot!!!
    Hahahahaha, so Great he left someone else patch Blackra1n for him!!! So much for supporting your own 'product' Thankfully, a real J.Breaker took it on himself to fix/update it
    It's the DevTeam who've earned my respect

• Gavin Parker
    via Wordpress

Yeh i wont pay for them sites i know they are a con, As for spirit Jailbreak I wish these people would actually say when they going to release to at least give us some hope and a timescale on how long we going to have to wait

• ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

I was thinking of doing that, but the volume decrease of the 3G audio is quite big compared to 3GS, that bothers me a bit, not too bothered about processor speed drop, but not sure.

• soldierofgod24@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

if you want an unlock iphone just buy it in europe and wait for the jb' wtf all you guys kissing geohotz ass like if he's god or some SH1T .. you guys are the dumb ones who update the iphone, and the rules are simple DONT F@%@%@ !! UPDATE and now ALLL OFF YOU PU@@Y are crying.. just let them do they job and wait for the DAMMM JB..

• Toaster driver
    Toaster driver Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

lol @ soldierofgod

did it ever occur to you that people bought new phones that were already updated to the newest firmware? calm down with your @!@!@!@';s...

• Robert
    via Wordpress

Gavin,I understand your frustration.For some reason,they don't say anything,but showing their "fake" looking videos.
    That is why I'm so happy that I have this newly bought 3G and even if I update to 3.1.3,I can unlock and jailbreak it with blacksn0w and redsn0w anytime I want to,untethered.Hang in there,Galvin!! :-)

• Robert
    via Wordpress

That's right.The jailbreak is coming,but you know,keep showing those silly demo videos don't make much sense to me.

• Robert
    via Wordpress

Yes,it can happen that if you are not paying attention,you end up with the 3.1.3 FW built in the iPhone.Most seller will tell you on ebay what firmware is on the iPhone,before you would even buy it.(Or you can ask.)Make sure you buy it from a TOP rated seller,and the one who offers RETURN.If you buy it from the Apple or the AT&T store,they both offer returns with receipt.You, as a buyer,should be able to request a device with the 3.1.2 firmware,and refuse to buy the one with the 3.1.3.Hope this helps.But I still understand the frustration. :-)