iPhone OS 4.0 Event Coverage

2»

Comments

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Lame nothing new for the consumer with a jailbroken phone no reason to upgrade.

• hemingway25
    hemingway25 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I thought so. I know Ill use it eventually when I get the iPad.

• karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

ok so when wil we see a jailbreak for this?

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

as soon as its released we'll see a JB and unlock for it so the only question is when in the summer will it be released???

• Twanger
    Twanger Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Just a platform for me to hopefully get a jailbreak. I couldn't care less about iAd or multitasking really. Where's themes and pop up blockers and diff fonts??, bring on the jailbreak I say :)

• Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

I have a jail broken phone and I see PLENTY of reasons to upgrade. Like being able to multi task without draining my battery in a couple hours like it does with JB multi tasking. And in app SMS replying, and a lot of
    other stuff Like game center!

True, you can do a lot of the stuff they previewed just by jailbreaking, but let's face it, apples ways of doing those things are going to be better, and prettier, and less buggy.

• 3.1.3gs
    3.1.3gs Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Agreed, nothing much there for me either, Cydia will sort me out nicely
    :)

• Clepto
    Clepto Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

I'm using background with cirtutous. On the 3g, mutlitasking works, but can be z pain to free the memory after opening up 2 or more programs

Seems to me that apple is trying to get rid of the jailbreak communty with

* multitasking
    * wallpaper
    the only reason I'll jailbreak my phone now is to use irealsms and tethering

and if the dev team can figure out how to bring flash to the iPhone I'll buy that app no questions asked

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

Well Microsoft would have had Cut & Paste, Multitasking, Folders, and MMS from the get go. Otherwise they would not have the gall to call it "Revolutionary"

• Punk_Poet
    Punk_Poet Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

all of the resins i jailbreak are addressed in this new OS... then again i said the same thing when 3.0 was released... No matter what they give us we will always want more... i cant wait to see what else this OS can do when the new iphone is announced and i am also looking forward to the reports we get of whats inside this OS when the Dev.s rip it apart.

• dxs101
    dxs101 Posts: 52
    via Wordpress

Just purchased a dev account guys :), will be up and running 4.0 in no time!!

• Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress

No i don't lol ? but my iphone has like sbsettings , sbrotator and plenty of apps like that running in the background so obviusly its is buggy but th battery is empty really quick with backgrounder and multitask running ..... i don't know fo you .... its my 4th iphone and best on so far..... the one that took the most amazing app from cydia ....

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

wow, i was EXTREMELY exited to hear about multitasking! i was soooo exited! until, i read the part where it says multitasking will not be available on the iphone3g. FML, i am now, saddened, about two minutes prior to this story i was dying for OS 4.0, now i could less..

folders is the only cool thing id want.

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

tethering has nothing to do with the 4.0...they wouldnt be talking about it....

• A Black Dude
    via Wordpress

he did state the ads would be be an option for free apps only....

• A Black Dude
    via Wordpress

yeah since it's supposed to have 100 new features...i really wanna know about the hardware tho....HARDWARE!

• Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

Holy cow. Ads? Really? In the OS! There is no effing way I'll tolerate an ad every 3 minutes.

Too, I like being able to see what email account has rec'd a note. Not sure I want a unified inbox.

• Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

i have the os 4.0. will you tell me how to jailbreak and unlock the iphone

• little-sr@hotmail.co.uk
    via Wordpress

were did you get the iphone 4.0 from??
    i was thinking of buying the 3gs,
    but if theres a 4.0 coming out i might aswelll wait.
    do you now when it comes out it the U.K