iPhone OS 4.0 Wish List

2»

Comments

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Altho once im set free again, i'll have all those lovely features :)

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

What did you use for them?? I use iphoneringtonemaker, ringtones limited to 20 secs

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

My Wish

1. Open OS system
    - No more jailbreak required

2. Power Management Base on Application.
    - Make application select the power level
    - Actually, it is simple, Apple can support some API. Such as
    void SYS_CPU_Performance (WORD OPTIONS);
    void SYS_BACK_Light (WORD LEVEL);
    - and then, When they approval some software, they can scoring.. such as GREEN LEVEL 1 ~ 5 ..

I am thinking, it is makes sense..

• Jimmy
    Jimmy Posts: 80
    via Wordpress

yes speakerphone louder and notifications in status bar for txt mail and anything that now just pops up on screen

• My Sperm
    My Sperm Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

shame we all know half of these are never gonna happen :(
    But hey we can all dream :), so here's my lil list
    1) Reply to texts in apps, pain having to switch when in a game or something important
    2) Sim card options, we only have import contacts. need copy to sim at least.
    3) Delete/Choose your default apps, I have never used stocks or weather, waste of space!

Ideas straight from my sperm :)

• Enough already!!
    Enough already!! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What are you like 5 years old? Dork.

• Ngmead
    Ngmead Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

How about a way to turn bluetooth on and off with out having to go to the config all the time kinda anoying lol

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

All I ask for is apples version of irealsms. That app is THE reason I hack my phone and the ONLY reason I don't update. It works flawless so apple has no excuses not to implement the idea. Everything else, winterboard etc. is just a nice extra. SBSettings is very convenient as well. That's my piece .

• B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Look at Apple's "we now best how to design the user interface" history over the years. There will be no ability to significantly modify the user interface more then a few backgrounds here and there. The best will be "add-ons" like widgets but there will not be any replacements, against their culture of thought unfortunately.

Hope i am wrong... but then again... jailbreaking isn't just for the iphone/pod anymore!

• Steveo
    Steveo Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

This one would require new hardware in the next iPhone, but the OS would have to support it, so I think it still applies...

I would love it if the next iPhone would have an IR emmiter built in so you can use your iPhone as a universal remote control for devices that don't use Wifi, Bluetooth, etc. I'd love to be able to make custom remotes for my devices. It'd also be great in bars to change the tv's to what you want to see. I guess there could be a built in app or third party apps. I know there are attachments you can buy to do this, but who wants to carry that crap around all of the time. My old Nokia from 2001 had an IR emmiter built in for f#%k sake.

• Steveo
    via Wordpress

Also, I have to have folders!!! I know this was mentioned earlier, but I want to repeat it. I NEED FOLDERS!!! I don't really feel the need to keep jailbreaking my iPhone everytime a new OS comes out. The ability to put things in folders to clear up some top level screen space is mainly why I would jailbreak. I'd like to not have to mess with all the jailbreaking, but I eventually will if Apple forces me to. It's can't be a hard feature to implement. I have all 11 screens full, my hidden 12th screen full, and some apps on a 13th screen if one exists. I can't even remember what all is there. GIVE ME FOLDERS APPLE!!!

• Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

Call Waiting is need feature, to know the other party in busy

• Skooter
    Skooter Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I would like the ability to customize a playlist on the run... To add or subtract a song or songs from any list... Not just the "on the go" playlist.... And it's already been mentioned, but FM radio would make me happy also.... If they have these two things, I will go on and update, if not, I'll wait until some one figures out how to JB the new OS before I update...

• i'm not an Apple Drone
    via Wordpress

STOP asking for my G.D. password when i have an app to update! its an update they know i have already WTF.......

• i'm not an Apple Drone
    via Wordpress

STOP asking for my G.D. password when i have an app to update! its an update they know i have already WTF.......

• i'm not an Apple Drone
    via Wordpress

sorry.... it's an APP they know i have already...

• i'm not an Apple Drone
    via Wordpress

sorry.... it's an APP they know i have already...

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

1.Highlighting contacts to delete instead of deleting individually and/or delete all contacts.

2. Ability to toggle off universal search (unless you I already can then I am stupid :P)

3. Voice Command for 3g Users.

4. Fix the "sending email message" which doesn't go away.

5. Better improvements for Safari.

That's all I can see that you didn't mention

• anton
    anton Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Call forwarding already exists. In the settings app under Phone. I use it all the time as I go outside my iPhone providers service range every week

• 3.1.2GS
    3.1.2GS Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Regarding improving battery life - well they should be able improve it in an OS update - they bloody managed to make it worse in 3.1.3, 3.1.2 was way better for battery life imo.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Dwight sucks donkey d**k

• larky smelly
    larky smelly Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

you guys know what would be really funny? if 4.0 just added bug fixes infact thsts all i think it will add if it adds anything more ill throw my iphone in the bin its getting way to hard to use i stil dont know how to install cydia from the app store apparently it lets you download photos

• freegadgets4you
    freegadgets4you Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Regarding battery life

If they do add more features like multitasking etc the battery life WILL be worse, i dont think there is any way round that.

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

I believe that a QuickSMS feature (sms functions available from anywhere and that would non disruptive ala BiteSMS & iRealSMS) should be added to the whishlist! Jailbreaking just for that feature alone is worthed it!

• Steveo
    via Wordpress

Yes! Voice commands for 3G users! There's no reason at all why the 3G can't do that. It's retarded that Apple never added that to the 3G.

And how about the ability to take Video like the 3GS. They should throw that in for 3G as well.