iPhone 3G Users Won't Be Able To Customize Homescreen Wallpaper In iPhone OS 4?

2»

Comments

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

And another thing!
    Why does everyone expect phone to do what they weren't originally designed to do. You EXPECT these things!!
    I'll bet over the last few years, you've all rushed out and bought 'HD Ready' TV's. Well shortly Freeview will be broadcasting HD channels. Are you also EXPECTING your TV's to pick up these channels - hmmmm. Well you will be disappointed! And will you EXPECT your TV manufacturer to offer a Firmware update, so you can? Sorry, you will be disappointed again!! It is simply the tuner in your HD Ready TV will not pick up HD channels. You will have to buy a HD freeview box -- Things move on -- It's the same with phones!!

I'm done now (again)

• Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

Well this sucks. I own a 1st gen touch and I wont be able to change my homescreen. So sad.

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

I think its about exclusivity, for example if it is controlled by one outlet e.g. AT&T, they hold greater control and exclusivity over the phone and its access and costs to the end user. Apple is good like that.

• Kelvin
    Kelvin Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

well jobs said on the first iPhone launch why they decided to make a touchscreen. so that if they get an idea in the future they could just make an update without adding a 'plastic' button to the phone. I don't think restricting features for older iPhones fair!

• boatguy
    boatguy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My 3G running the new 4.0 release wont allow for homescreen backgrounds, at least they were kind enough to include all the new backgrounds that are shipping on the iphone 4. ha!

• Maartje
    Maartje Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have an iPod touch 3G 8gb
    And i updates ios4
    And i cant change my background
    That thing where you can put apps in folders doesn't work
    Baddest...
    I hope upgrade soon.

• hmm
    hmm Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    Wallpapers dont work here on 3G either.
    However, the folders 100% definitely are woking and they were not supposed to for just 3G I thought..hmm..
    Multitasking a no go.
    (I have 8GB 3G iPhone).

• ndbarter
    ndbarter Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just want to change my home screen!!!