Adobe Planning To Sue Apple?

2»

Comments

• Rcas
    Rcas Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

I don't get it... why do mac users complain about flash sucking CPU power while at the same time claiming macs are the best computers in the world? Ive never heard a PC user complain about it on their "inferior" product.

I can see it now though, what happens if Adobe stops supporting Mac's entirely? No Photoshop, nothing from the Creative Suite...thats a big chunk of adobe customers true, but if they're using Adobe CS for work it stands to reason that they may stop buying Mac's for PC's to continue using the familiar platform. Just a thought

• Jayb
    Jayb Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

See you found your problem !!! You own a mac !!

• Jayb
    Jayb Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

Then they would loose out the $$$ Adobe don't want to hurt there consumers. But Steve Jobs is the Biggest **** around now. Bill gates was hated by many but since he left Steve Jobs had to pick up the tittle

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

so i take it you have never run flash applications before, as ive experienced issues with flash apps on both windows and mac osx. as far as steve jobs is concerned, is he really a ****??? hes a very business savvy individual and clearly by not allowing flash to run iphone/ipad has not impeded their sales

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

I don't own a MAC. And yes Flash crashes left and right on Windows. Flash (and Java too) are security nightmares for network techs as well. The damn things get patched at least twice a month it seems! If Adobe was soo damn good they wouldn't need to patch security holes all f the time. ****.. Adobe actually has to patch **** more often than Micro$oft!!!

That's probably why Steve doesn't want it... aside from the fact that if it had flash, people could use emulators and all sorts of other things that Steve doesn't want on his platform.

**** now that I think about it, Apple has DOZENS of reasons and if you can't figure it out then you're either too stupid or too young to have such a fine device in your greedy little hands.

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

An article at AppleInsider "Blogger insists Adobe will sue Apple over CS5 iPhone app tools" shed some light on the whole iPhone vs Flash situation!

I must admit, after my yesterday rant, that Apple's position looks more and more defensible!!!

"[...]Flash Lite platform [which could have been release for iPhone] failed to support the kind of Flash content users would expect of it.

Adobe did not deliver a mobile version of Flash Player until version 10.0 for Android last summer, but that version still didn't play most of the content users would encounter on the web.

Only the latest 10.1 Flash Player, which is still under development, can play most desktop Flash content on mobiles. However, it requires a Cortex A8-class processor, meaning that even if Apple wanted to bundle it, it could only work on the latest iPhone 3GS."

Now that tells a lot about Adobe's real capabilities of giving mobile phones support of Flash content!!!

As far as I can tell Apple may be a stuck up company but Adobe DEFINITELY had it coming and therefore is as responsible for the whole Flash fiasco!

I guess we as customers can only sit and see how things go from there.

• eran
    eran Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i cant stand apple . they are bullies , i cant wait for the google tablet , it will be 10 times better than their stupid product

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

I think the majority is just too stupid to know. Flash is ridiculously slow, buggy, crashes too much, mostly bloated annoying ads, and the list goes on. I can live without flash and I've never missed it on my iphone.

Adobe should just work on getting it on platforms that are allowed instead of continuing to push apple's buttons.

• Skaar
    Skaar Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

I think i need to put in my 2 cents. I love apple products because of how good they look and how most perform so well. "The ipod is JUNK". I have purchased almost everything that apple has made but i love windows products too.

To the situation at hand, I agree with people saying steve is a ****. The fool is so caught up in protecting his products that he forgets the reason for building there products in the first place. Its for us the customers, you douchebug

Honestly i have never had flash problems on my mac until recently when safari was updated to 4.0.5. "The crappiest browser version i have ever used so far" So the cry about flash is buggy and always patch is BS. Who can tell me they don't get updates at least once or twice a month on their macs. Every program has bugs, so we have updates.

No the whole about adobe flash is just interesting. I mean people are just being stupid or just ignorant. I really don't care about flash or no flash, I just want to be able to use my mac book pro, iphone, ipod touch to visit every website and not have problems so if most sites are flashed based why don't that **** jobs get put that damn thing on it so we the consumers can be happy with our products. I mean F it i need to be able to view any and every website that i want.

So i'm going end by saying you cunts out there just so dumb or stupid should shut the F up.

• CodyKim
    CodyKim Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I don't know why people don't like Adobe, over 90% of the internet uses Flash. Adobe created CreativeSuite[2],[3],[4],etc......
    We all need Adobe.
    If we don't have Adobe. There would be no flash games.
    50% of software wouldnt work. 8o% of major gaming industries would lose a great program.
    Average that- 90%,50%,80%=73%
    about 73% of the internet would be a dud.
    There would be no photoshop, flash cs4, etc.....
    73% of the internet somehow uses flash.
    27% uses something other than flash completely.
    I'm not sure if you're getting the big idea
    but I'd rather stick with using like 73-75% of the internet, than just facing a restriction that Apple put so we couldn't use flash. Adobe is good, apple can make it better. But steve jobs is too stubborn to form an alliance.

• Radjin
    Radjin Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I personally don't think it would mean a thing, except a whole lot less annoying ads.

I don't install flass in anything and never miss it.

• Eddie
    Eddie Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

How hard is to at least give the users the option to install flash on their iPhones if they wanted to? If you don't like flash, then don't install it! as in matter of fact.. uninstall it from your Windows/Mac machines too since it's such a resource hog you retards.. jeez.

And for the record, I don't care if HTML5 or Jquery is the future, as of now I'm not going to sit around and wait for the future to come to me. I lol at anyone who says Apple has the right to restrict their user base to their own.. if you haven't noticed, this is iPhone "hacks" .com

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
  • hen-dawg
    hen-dawg Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

haha adobe is retarded
    go apple

• dom
    dom Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I don't think Adobe or flash is the problem. The main thing is Apple. Apple tries to create a monopoly. Everyone's complaining about iPhone: it doesn't have this, doesn't have that. Basically Adobe tried to create environment to simplify lots of things: you could create your own apps, games, etc. without having mac or knowledge of iPhones SDK. But no. Apple decided to have everything in their hands. On one side it's a good thing for Apple. But on the other hand it's the same thing as with jailbreak. Like Eddie said - if you don't want flash - don't use it. But don't forbid the others to use it