New iPhone: Front-Facing Camera, High Res Screen, High Res Camera With Flash, Micro-SIM Card And Mor

2»

Comments

• chino5986
    chino5986 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Aluminium case is way better than the plastic one... they break easily.... also this the iphone needs a new design ... i dont really care how it looks ... i just want it to work... n have way better futures than the droid...

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

In my opinion it's not particularly ugly, I'm more
    bothered about it having a non user removable battery again. And that stupid front face camera.

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

I hope this ends up being the final product. I have never been a fan of the curves. I love the new harder look. Also, I've never liked the current volume button. I welcome the seperation of the volume button. Like Gizmodo said, this could be used as a shutter button for the camera. Overall, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

• Steven M
    via Wordpress

At least the battery is 16% larger. I've been ok with the battery in my 3GS. I charge it once a night and only have to plug into my truck on days where I use it a lot and then stay out late. I don't have any complaints about my current battery, BUT more is always better. When it comes to batteries, it doesn't matter how long one lasts, somebody is going to complain.

Stupid front facing camera? It doesn't look bad and video calling is an awesome feature. People have been wanting this for a while.

• Craig
    via Wordpress

Like I said, in my opinion, it's a stupid front facing camera. I've never used one and prob never will.
    And personally I'd like the freedom to easily replace batteries, not be governed by apple or have to get some parts off eBay, and try and replace it myself.

• Craig
    via Wordpress

..but like you said, the battery is larger so that's a positive step

• Steven M
    via Wordpress

Yeah, I do see your point and agree to an extent about the battery. Luckily I never had a problem with my 3G or 3GS battery and never needed to remove it. In the past, I removed the battery from previous phones for two reasons. 1) If it locked up and that was the only way to turn it off and restart it. 2) When the battery died and needed to be replaced. The non-removable battery was a concern when I first bought an iPhone, but ended up never being an issue for me. The few times my 3G locked up I was always able to restart it which was awesome. I've never noticed either of my iPhone's batteries getting weaker and they sure haven't died.

I know some people would like to have a spare battery to swap out, but I like the fact that the iPhone is sealed. It makes it feel more solid to me. It always pissed me off when the back cover of phones started getting loose or broke. When I used Motorola, I remember needing to take the battery out many times. It was always annoying. There were also times when the battery would stop making a good connection inside. Taking the SIM card out also required removing the battery. I like that I can change the SIM card without taking out the battery in the iPhone. My iPhone still feels as solid as it did on day one. I love that I have never had to mess with the battery.

Normally I would be for having a removable battery. I'm usually all for having more access to devices. In this case, I've enjoyed the battery being non-removable. I'd love to see a larger battery, but I hope it stays non-removable. Other than wanting to have a spare to swap out, I see no other reason for it. I'm always able to charge my phone in my truck or at my office if I need to. The battery not being removable has never once kept me from being able to use my phone.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

I'm one of those Gizmo collectors that bought the Kensington backup/charger packs, Always carry one with me, plus car mounts & chargers in both cars, charger upstairs & down.
    Not died on me yet

(or am I just Paranoid about a sealed unit :) )

• Craig
    via Wordpress

Hey Tim is that one of those plug in the bottom of the iPhone chargers re the Kensington? I've seen those In my local carphone warehouse, cost about bloody £40 tho, guess they are handy tho :)

• Chakabear
    Chakabear Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What the heck??
    MICRo-sim???it means you cant use any other regular sim?
    Means it is nonsense to unlock this iphone!

• iphone batteries
    iphone batteries Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Giessbach Backup External Battery-1900 mAh Charger for IpodProduct By Giessbach ProductsBuy Giessbach Backup External Battery-1900 mAh Charger for Ipod Ship with Fast and Save Shipping. Order Now Before Price Up.