Redsn0w Public Beta Released To Jailbreak iPhone OS 4

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRedsn0w Public Beta Released To Jailbreak iPhone OS 4

iPhone Dev Team has released the first public beta of Redsn0w to jailbreak iPhone OS 4. However, this version of Redsn0w (0.9.5) is not meant for iPhone users as many things such as jailbreak apps won’t work. It is targeted at developers of jailbreak apps so they can fix their...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Captan Ameerika
    Captan Ameerika Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Won't releasing this show Apple the exploit they used to Jailbreak? If so, you guys should give us the 3.2 Jailbreak so we can jailbreak our iPads!

• Asdf
    Asdf Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

How can you release the 4.0 jb before the 3.1.3?
    Wackkk. :(

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

No rush Dev team, get it right, I'm in no hurry :)

• goku316
    goku316 Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

what the...4.0? but the 3.1.3 cant released??what happened to the 3.1.3 jailbreak??

• Hegiel
    Hegiel Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

goku316 - use google. 3.1.3 JB is available more than a month and you still can't find it?

• Loomeyhouston
    Loomeyhouston Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This is some bullshhhhhhh!

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

It's complicated for us average Joe(s). So, let those with the expertise handle their stuff. We're only end-users.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

If it were available this site would have posted about it.

• Skaar
    Skaar Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

I believe musclenerd did state in twitter that, this jailbreak built on the old expliot not the new, is being released for developers of jailbreak apps on cydia. These will allow them to start building their apps in advance.

• igcas
    igcas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Pls release 3.1.3 05.12.01 ..

• dff
    dff Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

THIS IS WHOLE CRAP!!!!!!!!!! demit..

• goku316
    goku316 Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

what do you mean 3.1.3? downgrade for 3.1.2? and old bootrom??sorry but my iphhone is new bootrom.thats why i need the jailbreak for 3.1.3 new bootrom

• Drdirty
    Drdirty Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Messed up!!!! Release a 4.0 jailbreak so apple can patch it but don't release 3.1.3 3gs newboot rom 05.12.01.

Geoboy and musclelessnerd are wacked!!!

• Pyroskee
    Pyroskee Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

You guys need to read, or at least have an attention span of more than a second. THIS IS NOT A NEW EXPLOIT! Therefore there aren't any new holes Apple can patch. Besides anyone using iPod 3rd Gen. or iPhone 3g will always be able to JB because in order to patch those devices you would need to replace the hardware. To be more precise this headline should read "Redsn0w Public Beta Released to Jailbreak iPhone 3G OS 4.0" or something within those lines.

• Drdirty
    via Wordpress

Jailbreak never released for 3gs and only downgradable if your 3.1.2 wasbroken and on cydia. If not your screwed. And these lamo hackers won't release anything

• Hmmmm
    Hmmmm Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

stop pissing everyone about and just release a jailbreak for 3.1.3.
    clearly alot of people want it and couldnt give a **** about 4.0

we already knew 4.0 was hacked and we already new all 3g iphones could be jailbroken. this is pointless shitty news that builds alot of peoples hopes up.

• Drdirty
    via Wordpress

I bet they don't have and never had a 3.1.3 05.12.01 jailbreak at all. It's all smoke, mirrors, and braging rights for something that is nonexistant

• idk
    idk Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

why would they release 4.0 jb with old exploit. Doesn't that give apple time to find and patch that exploit rendering it useless?

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

FOR THOSE WITH SHSH FOR 3.1.2 ON FILE WITH CYDIA, A 'ROLLBACK' CAN BE DONE
    For those without shsh on file, it won't be long
    For the illiterate, the 4.0 beta JB is so app / package devs can get their apps upgraded for the post 4.x release JB
    Nice of them to plan ahead

• Fuck Dev-team
    Fuck Dev-team Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

This is Bulllshiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wtf!!!! why releasing the jb for a software thats not even out yet!! they should release the unlock for 05.12.01 baseband !! already and stop eating their buggers! and im sure im not the opnly pissed off person here who lost their unlock

• mabbent
    mabbent Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

You know if I was asking for something for FREE done by people who don't owe me anything (you can bet that neither Apple nor AT&T cut any jailbreak developers in for a piece of the pie), I think I'd be a little nicer or just SHUT THE F**K UP. This is like when I/we used provide means to get around floppy disk that were uncopyable and people just got plain nasty when we did crack the latest scheme within days of a games release. We finally got tied and said "F**K YOU, YOU UNGREATFULL BASTARDS" and stopped releasing new methods.

I am personaly glad and thankful for all of those who spend thier time and effort to allow me to decide how I wish to use the piece of hardware I bought the way I wish, and I will galdly offer courtious susgestion and then patientally wait until they are ready to release thier next application, fix or update.

• mabbent
    mabbent Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

That should be 'when we didn't crack'

• S41N7
    S41N7 Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

sounds like good progress. I cant believe the attitude of some of the prople requesting no. demanding their own short-sighted and uninformrd needs be met at the expense of others.

Anyway I am very pleased with the progress so far and hope all will be up and ready the hour the official firmware is finally released and am glad that cydia developers have a chance to allow their apps to work on release. this means QuckSmS, SbS and other essential programs will be availabe from the go.

• kennc
    kennc Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have learned to love my ipod touch 3g. I rushed to the store to buy it and jailbreak it, but even without a jb it is still a cool toy. I upgraded it to see if I could hack it, and I could. If you are really sick of waiting for a JB then why don't you learn how to hack your own device. I have never programed anything and it only took me three months or so to learn how to jb it. Google is your friend, and stop bitching please.

• XeroCure
    XeroCure Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

This jailbreak isn't for the 3GS. It jailbreaks the 3G which no longer requires new exploits to be found.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Exactly... they're working on it and haven't released the 3.1.3 jailbreak for 3GS for good reasons. If they did, and it screwed up your phones... all these jerks on here would be screaming mad... so the devteam/geohot/others-who-work-on-jb-releases are damned if they don't and damned if they do.

Only a few intelligent people understand and appreciate these guys.

• stan69b
    stan69b Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

With out those guys nobody would have had a jailbreak in the first place so stop complaining for god sakes , they realise this jailbreak so that when you people will upgrade to 4.0 you will find all your old beloved app still working on it ..... stop thinking about the present ..... wait till the 22th june and you will have a 4.0 3GS unlocked and jailbroken .... why would they waste time releasing a jailbreak for 3.1.3 ... everybody will upgrade anyway .. you people disgust me ... always insulting people .... juste because they don't do things the way you want .... spoiled brat , thats what you are .... maybe if you donated to the devteam they would have release a 3.1.3 jailbreak but you did not so SHUT UP !!

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

Just shut the hell up already. You're posts are never usefull and certainly not welcome here. Do us all a favor and take a long walk along a very short bridge.
    This release is using an old exploit that would still be teathered on a newer 3gs, so they don't care if it gets patched or not. They definitely want to make damn sure that 4.0 comes out without the exploits patched. As said in the article, this release is for DEVELOPERS. They're doing it so that fucking assholes like you and TimW don't **** about apps not working on os 4.0 when the new jailbreak IS released.

• Segitterius
    Segitterius Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

what is the baseband of 4.0 And Bootloader LOL
    please if any one updated then tell me please

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

Not for the new boot rom
    it's not