How To Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch Using Spirit For iPhone OS 3.1.3, iPhone OS 3.1.2 [Windows]

Options
Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow To Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch Using Spirit For iPhone OS 3.1.3, iPhone OS 3.1.2 [Windows]

Earlier this week, Comex released the much awaited Spirit untethered jailbreak solution for iPhone OS 3.1.3, iPhone OS 3.1.2 that allows users to jailbreak their iPhone or iPod Touch. This tutorial will offer Windows users a step-by-step guide to carry out this jailbreak. If you are a Mac user, you...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Stann
    Stann Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options

This is exactly what I did, worked perfect. Thanks to all involved.

• Tennisha
    Tennisha Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

If i jailbreak my iphone with the App store and itunes and stuff on my phone go away?

• Andy
    via Wordpress
    Options

No, however as we have recommended its always a good idea to take a backup of your iPhone.

• sofi_andros@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress
    Options

Worked fine but lost my Wifi signal, tried resetting network setting with reboot but still no wifi?? Anyone?

• Andy
    via Wordpress
    Options

Try resetting using this optiont: Launch Settings App ->General->Reset then tap “Reset Network Settings”

• qusai
    qusai Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

i have at&t iphone if i use the spirit to jailbreak my phone do i can use diferent sim card i mean difernt company because my phone only take at&t sim cards
    i have iphone 3gs MC model
    can i got a help guys please
    thank you

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Manuel
    Manuel Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options

I can't download the spirit.exe file on the step 1 "click here" is not in blue so I can't this is for the windows file any one know why?

• Andy
    via Wordpress
    Options

Please check it again. Here is the link again for your reference: http://spiritjb.com/win

• Manuel
    Manuel Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options

thanks it works perfect

• Prabu
    Prabu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

hi all,
    I have a problem. I have jailbreak my iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 with BlackRa1n and unlocked it. It was tethered jailbreak. Then I tried to jailbreak again with SPIRIT for untethered jailbreak. But the phone hangs in connect to itunes mode. It is not booting up. As am totally new to iphone i donno what to do next. Please help. What should I do next to get my iPhone working?

• Tickler
    Tickler Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Erik
    Erik Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    Options

if you were already jailbroken you should have just restored your phone first, and upgraded to the newest 3.1.3 os for iphone. then do the spirit jailbreak. if you open itunes it should say theres an iphone in restore mode, and will make you upgrade to 3.1.3

• Taicao
    Taicao Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

My 3GS stuck with " connect to itune " and emergency call screen after upgrade to 3.3.3 ..How to activate it with Itune 9 ..please some body help..

• Santos
    Santos Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Wow, easiest Jailbreak EVER!!! A trained monkey can do this. All I did is click on the spirit, run, Jailbreak, quit. 4 click jailbreak, can't beat that.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress
    Options

No, it's not for unlocking you network provider

• Spud
    Spud Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options

Beats the sh1t out of Hotz's buggy as Fu*k effort

• Spud
    via Wordpress
    Options

Upgrade to a fresh version of 3.1.3 from iTunes (Restore) resync your data (Backup from xxxx date)
    Download Spirit (new copy)
    connect iPhone, Spirit box says iPhone 3.1.3 detected, click JailBrake.
    Click Cydia icon on your iPhone (brown icon)
    let Cydia initialize
    Restart Cydia
    :) have fun :)

• djo
    djo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

and noow how can i unlock my phone???

• Cyber
    Cyber Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

I have same issue tethered jb with unlocked 3gs os3.12 .....If i upgrade to 3.13 will i be able to unlock again (it is unlocked atm) using snow

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Options

To Taicao..u are not suppose to upgrade ur firmware to 3.1.3 if u r using unlock,now u wont be able to unlock ur phone bcoz there is no unlock for 3.1.3 at the moment.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Options

if ur firmware is 3.1.3 u cant unlock ur phone bcoz there is no unlock for 3.1.3 at the moment.

• Spud
    via Wordpress
    Options

No, you'll lose your unlock as baseband is updated on upgrade

• Disu
    Disu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

hi all,
    I have a problem. I have jailbreak my iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 with BlackRa1n and unlocked it. It was tethered jailbreak. And was running fine....
    Now I have upgraded the firmware to 3.1.3 and when I tried to jailbreak using SPIRIT it is failing and giving following error message...

Failed to Jailbreak (error code 1)

INFO: Now listening for devices...
    INFO: read igor/map.plist
    INFO: Connected to the AppleMobileDevice.
    INFO: Version iPhone2,1_3.1.3
    INFO: Connecting to mobilebackup...
    INFO: Sending files via AFC.
    FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:198): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091)

Also Even after restoring I am not able to enter my iphone, i-tunes is saying it is not able to register and I am stuck on the Emergency call screen...
    Please help...

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress
    Options

Ual thanks for the info, jailbreak with Spirit worked flawlessly! iPhone 3G, run on Windows Vista Home Premium! The only snag I have now ....hope someone can point me in the right direction is....Cydia installed and themes work but does not change the sound for SMS?? I cannot seem to change those darn SMS sounds to anything I download, with the old jailbreak of the past I recall I would install Cydia & Winterboard, download from Cydia install with Winterboad then change iPhone setting to SMS sound like horn (or something) and vola!......but nothing now. I also cannot move over old jailbreak apps to the iPhone, only gibes error in iTunes that it cannot move them. Any help would e appreciated! Other than that glad to have jailbreak working I suppose.

• danial
    danial Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options

if i used credit card once, will the jailbreak still work?

• Alaa
    Alaa Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

will than work or it is bullshit

i see many people complainting, i have a new iphone 3gs with os 3.1.3, i would like to jailbreak with no chance of any mistke cuz i can't afford losing my iphone and buy a new one

thanks

• Cyber
    Cyber Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

anyway with which i can restore to 3.12??? because unlock is availble for 3.12....

• vladic z
    vladic z Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

i have a 32gig 3gs with an updated bootrom 3.1.3. i jialbroke it no problem but am having a problem with pandora. everytime i run it it crashes the iphone and puts it into safe mode but then in safemode i can run it no problem. what could the problem be? if youve got any ideas help me out colts251@gmail.com

• stewart@hadley29.demon.co.uk
    via Wordpress
    Options

Easiest Jailbreak ever. Congrats on soem great work. Now the question on everybody's lis.

What's the ETA for the unlock?

Stew