Adobe Responds To Steve Jobs' "Thoughts On Flash" With Ad Campaign; Open Letter From Founders

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAdobe Responds To Steve Jobs' "Thoughts On Flash" With Ad Campaign; Open Letter From Founders

Adobe has responded to Steve Jobs “Thoughts on Flash” with an ad campaign in which states that it "loves" Apple but dislikes "anybody taking away your freedom to choose what you create, how you create it, and what you experience on the web". Adobe has also published an open letter...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

first to comment yess!!!! lol jokes

but screw u steve jobs!!! flash is not a dying technology its installed on almost every computer and is used all over the web!!!!!!! put it on the iphone!!!!!

• Topsy
    Topsy Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

Second! My ass is itching me. **** Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Harsha
    Harsha Posts: 84
    via Wordpress

who SAID flash does not support for multitouch... http://theflashblog.com/?p=2027

haha... Jobs i think you do not know much about flash or just playing your own cards...

• detonator413
    detonator413 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Get a life Adobe and Apple. I don't' care who wins. I live perfectly without flash on my iphone, on the other hand I don't mind to see it on my device as well.

• Vishnu Sridhar
    Vishnu Sridhar Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

iPhone "4G" now runs 4.0

• Mario
    Mario Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

**** adobe it's horrible flash is just buggy and andriod runs flash but guess what it sucks.. It's just not compatiable with touch screen phones... Adobe you make a smartphone and you do what u want with it..make the switch because right now everyone else is like Hulu and more... I can watch plenty of videos on my phone and play many games as well...you are in no way explaining what Steve jobs said wrong... Your just crying and hoping apple will say ok come have fun with us also... Flash is a dying breed and apple is gonna put the nail in the coffin

• Nj
    Nj Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

i honestly don't know what you people are still talking about this....it's pretty lame. flash sucks, end of story, moving on?

• Joe joe
    Joe joe Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

How original. are you a type recorder.

• Operation Trailor Freedom
    via Wordpress

I love gigantic companies throwing around the word "freedom" in all their ads/slanderous campaigns, makes me all warm inside. Now apple can retort with "liberty" and "democracy".

• ShaQ1nJ
    ShaQ1nJ Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Wow... Jobs is a liar...

• hellokitten
    hellokitten Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Adobe should just shut up and spend their money elsewhere. They have recently announced that they will not support iPhone OS. So why the ad campaign and letters? Maybe they're trying to get the public's sympathy?

I think those who don't like Apple's policy should just leave and develop for someone else. Apple is a business entity. They decide on how they wanna do things. As long as they get support from consumers and other developers / businesses, they will succeed.

Time will tell if Steve Jobs is right or not. But for the meantime, love apple or leave them alone. As for Adobe, "Shut the f**k up! as you're annoying me!". I don't miss this annoying flash on my iPhone, Firefox and Safari.

Thank you all.

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

That's so true adobe! Flash is still hear for a while. Even hulu just said that there not implementing html5 right now, that it's just to early. Steve rather have everyone on the iPhone and ipad not have flash and have a blue lego box on there screen. Leave the hate Steve and do what's right for the ppl on apple.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Apple's policy will just weed out the bad developers, but the good ones will stay. Those who are willing to take the time to write code that is native to the iphone will create better apps for us. The noobs will either abandon apple or learn how to code. Their choice. Money talks and sorry noob programmers, but we don't want your one push button iphone app makers to flood itunes with your crappy apps.

The majority has spoken already. 85 million+ apple devices in circulation running iphone os with no flash support. They continue to sell very well. Thousands of apps and plenty of developers continue to write apps for the iphone os. The ones that want flash on their phone can just get an android. They have choices. Why can't they leave those of us alone who like our apple devices and don't care for flash? For god's sake, stop with the whining just because we actually like our products and don't share your interest.

Adobe continues to whine about this. I thought they already decided to "move on" and yet they waste money on ads instead of putting it where they need it most, research and development.

• aj
    aj Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

In the end, I agree with adobe, yeah sure that apple is the creator, but I do believe in freedom of choice, what gives jobs the right to choose for us what's best for us???

Sure apple is the creator, and most see that as reason enough to justify apples decision, but i ask you, do you like to be handled like a puppet and be told what you can use and when u can use it???

Flash should come preloaded on any device it can be supported by and steve should understand this, but instead he would rather think of profit and power over freedom of choice!!!

For the people who don't like freedom and hate flash to the end of the earth, then there should be a simple off switch made just for you

This is like the digital battle of robin hood!!

• Itsme
    Itsme Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Yeah your right. That's why Jobs choose not to put flash on apple products. He uses his freedom of choice. Just put yourself on his shoes. You decide what you think is the best for the product that the consumer will like. It's business and that's the fact. And if your the consumer that don't like the product, it's simple-don't buy it.

• PeterSW
    PeterSW Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Apple can control the SDK for its devices, just as MS does for the XBOX, Sony does for the PS2 and 3, Nintendo does for the Wii etc. Higher entry costs on ALL the others though. Apple charges $99 per year for Mac or IPhone/iPad devs.
    How many of these allow devs to use Flash as a dev environment?
    None.
    Mobile environments are not known for their openness.
    Apple is no different to Nokia or any other mobile environment.
    Android is the exception not the rule. It may become the rule, time will tell.
    Flash does not yet exist on any mobile system. (Flash Lite that just does video doesn't count.)
    Closed controlled SDK and app-store systems will remain as long as they are profitable. Devs want return for their efforts. I am one - and I do.
    If I could create what I want in Flash and it ran well everywhere and was efficient and fast then I would. But it doesn't.
    Adobe will need to work on HTML5, CSS and Javascript/C exports instead. These are valid. These are open and allow write once deploy properly everywhere solutions. Adobe are working on this.

• ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

That ad campaign slogan is nearly ad cringe worthy as cleg and cameron, adobe forget it and move on.

• Gladstone Lawyers
    via Wordpress

Still going???? Lets see who gonna win. Or who got tired first

• luigy
    luigy Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

why the people always get fan and not matter is the company are wrong or not. always sock Steve balls. if you dont want flash then dont install the plugin, but not decide for the world because Steve job said and you dont understand because blindness fan. is not good decide for the world, dont be stupid, let me decide if i clean my ass or not. why steve jobs dont let the people decide to install flash on the device. is my device i ready pay for them plus 2 years contract with att, is not you phone anymore Stevie. let me install flash let me decide.

• Person with a brain
    via Wordpress

All of you are ASSuMEing that Steve Jobs is making these decisions. When it is more likely that it is decided by a board of people by majority vote, with the company's benefit in mind.

QUIT playing the blame game, and stop bitching.

If you don't like the product DON'T buy it, if you don't like a company's business practices DON'T support them.

Simple stuff people, use your brains!

• Mario
    Mario Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

Waste of money on adobes part

• luigy
    via Wordpress

WHY YOU DONT USE YOUR STUPID FAN BOY APPLE BALL SUCKER. IF YOU DONT WANT ADOBE YOU CAN NOT ADD THE PLUGIN STUPID. BUT IF I LIKE TO USE IN MY DEVICE WHY I CANT USED STUPID. IF YOU DONT LIKED BECAUSE YOU NEED TO SUCK STEVE BALL IS YOUR WAY TO DO IT. LET THEM ADOBE PUT FLASH IN THE IPHONE. PUT THE PLUGIN IS YOUR DEVICE IF YOU LIKE DONT PUT IF YOU DONT. FUCKING STEVE FAN

• luigy
    via Wordpress

PERSON WITH A BRAIN COMPLETELY EMPTY SORRY
    GIVE WHAT PEOPLE WANTS IS THAT THE WAY IT IS. BRAIN DAMAGE

• John
    via Wordpress

No thanks. I don't want flash on my apple devices. Why should I have to go out of my way to disable it just because a few people want it?

You talk about freedom of choice, then exercise it. Apple's not a monopoly. You want flash, buy a phone that supports it. Problem solved. Don't try to spread your oppinion around how you want it shoved down our throats. There are millions of us who do not want flash. That's why we chose the iphone. Live with it.

• John
    via Wordpress

We already know apple won't support flash unless:

1. The government forces them to.
    2. Sales drop so dramatically that they're forced to include it to satisfy the customers

As it stands now, the customers are perfectly fine without flash. The numbers speak for themselves. 85+ Million apple devices currently in circulation. Anyone who says otherwise is just a flash fanboy who's promoting flash and trying to force it down our throats. Those who really cared about flash have already purchased android devices.

• John
    via Wordpress

It's you that still don't "get" it. Who's forcing you to buy an apple device? Absolutely no one. There's plenty of choices out there. You have a right to choose which products you buy. And if you want flash, exercise that right and choose a product that supports it. Don't waste your time trying to force it on a product that doesn't support it.

Steve isn't forcing anything on us. He's telling us "my product does this and that, supports this and that". It's us the consumers that decide if we want the device.

Like I said above, we the majority has spoken. Not by lurking the internet to make posts on every topic that emerges, but by pure sales numbers. No flash? No problem, those of us who don't care about it will continue to buy apple devices. That's the bottomline.

• John
    via Wordpress

Exactly... Agreed 100%. How hard is it really? Don't like? Don't buy! Very simple!

• John
    via Wordpress

This goes to show, not all brains are created equal.

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

This is all I have to say.. (check out the picture!)

http://i42.tinypic.com/30965ap.png

Oh yeah.. thats right. Flash made my MacBook crash! I have had it for 5 years and this is the only time its ever done it! Adobe needs to just cut their losses and move on to better things. Hell maybe they should team up with Android. Anything to get them to stop whining like a little girl.

• luigy
    via Wordpress

I HAVE A MAC AND EVERYTHINGS ALL RIGHT . Y RUN GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER AND IS JUST FINE WITH FLASH AND ALL THE ****. BULL **** CRASH FUCKING APPLE FAN. THINK FIRST. WHY BE SLAVE WHEN YOU CAN JUST BE FREE. ADOBE DONT CUT OFF! WHY BECAUSE STEVE JOBS WANT TO PROTECT APPLE ITUNES ECOSYSTEM BULL ****. IPHONE WITHOUT JAILBREAK IS BORING. WHEN SOME HACKER RUN IPHONE OS IN ANY HTC PHONE BYE,BYE APPLE IPHONE. CRACK PHONE WITH GREAT OS. THAT IS IT. CRASH BULL ****.

SAFARI PEACE OF ****. BROWSER LIKE INTERNET EXPLORER

WAIT YOU CAN RUN THE BEST OF BOTH WORLD IPHONE 3GS OR IPHONE 4G WITH IPHONE OS AND ANDROID. THAT WILL THE BEST MOBILE