Apple And AT&T Having Major Issues With iPhone 4 Pre-Orders

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple And AT&T Having Major Issues With iPhone 4 Pre-Orders

It looks like everyone wants Apple’s new iPhone 4. Apple and AT&T seem to be having major issues with iPhone 4 pre-orders due to the surge in traffic. We’re still seeing comments from our readers that they’re having problems pre-ordering Apple’s new iPhone. Apple’s online store in the US has...

Read the full story here

Comments

• SuWoo
    SuWoo Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

WHERES THE GOT DAM WHITE 32 GIG!!! MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
  • Patrick Michaud
    Patrick Michaud Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Got Mine on AT&T's Website @ 7:30AM.... no problems!!!

• Asa
    Asa Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

I have been having issues with the ATT website and the Apple website. I ended up downloading the apple store app and I was able to pre-order my iPhone 4g really quick and easily.

About 10:40ish Pacific Time

• Ran$om
    Ran$om Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

just reserved mine with the apple store Application
    thnx!

• MonteGss
    MonteGss Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I got through with the App and got my email within 5 minutes. They have the price listed incorrectly but I have no worries about that, as I am an existing ATT customer eligible for the lower prices. Considering this pre-order event is an absolute disaster, I will definitely be bring my printed email with me to the Apple Store when I pick my phone up at 7am.

• Charles
    Charles Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Stopped at best buy and radio shack, today, both were taking preorders, though best buy warned me that even though I was the 19th person to order there was no guarantee. They would get that many. Radio shack didn't start taking preorders till 1, but they were having the same issues as everyone doing it at home

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

Just ordered 16GB iphone 4 through att.com. I hit upgrade 10+ in order to start the order. Just keep trying guys. Good luck

• Linsey
    Linsey Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I went to my local at&t store. Their system is down so they took my credit card number and info on what phone i wanted ie: 16gb white and said they will call me when they have put the order through.

• Kunal
    Kunal Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

I was able to order mine online at 6.30 am PST
    Now, a few friends of mine have been struggling the whole day with the Apple and AT&T sites. They were able to install the Apple Store app from the App store and reserve their phones at the Apple Store. So those who wanted to get this option, can install the Apple store app and reserve your phones.

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

Hopefully the didn't let you pre order a white one because they aren't coming out till late this summer..

Only the black iPhone 4s are available for pre order..

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

no probs in the uk.got mine today through apple uk.

• Chase
    Chase Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Got 2 for me and the wife at 7am EST on at&t's website while Apple said Oops. Not to mention I was finally goin with white this year. I guess that's an oops! too.

• Jacob
    Jacob Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

I was able to order mine easily by just going to an ATT location.

• John Tutone
    John Tutone Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Just ordered 2 iPhones over the phone with AT&T. This after trying for over two hours online this morning and then sitting in line at an AT&T store for over an hour and giving up after the line didn't move.

• mvd7793
    mvd7793 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I called my local Apple store an horu or two, who said that AT&T servers were going offline now and were expected to be up by 3:00 PM CST. There's hope!

Then again, I'll believe it when I see it.

• mvd7793
    mvd7793 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

The app keeps crashing for me.

• Nick O
    Nick O Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Ordered mine at noon EST at the AT&T store. The system was VERY slow to process and the rep kept apologizing the whole time. From the time he placed the order until I got a receipt was about 30 minutes. This is the 4th launch and they still can't get it right.

• Shab
    Shab Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

no lines, no mess, no fuss with the apple store iphone app. Of course, you have to have an iPhone to do this, but this worked for my friends on the first try today.

• ybt
    ybt Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

That's whqt I'm saying! I'm pissed!

• Linsey
    Linsey Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

they said if the white ones aren't available (because she wasn't sure) they will just order the black one

• SonofaPimp
    SonofaPimp Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i got my 32 gb white one swweett and they said u couldnt preorder the white well hopefully they cant change that cuz i have my reciept if they do im gonna sue lol but yup i will and woop woop thanks theres insurance report my lost and sell it hell yeah who wanna buy my 4g lol

• mcorona
    mcorona Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

AT&T having Bandwith problems. I'm Shocked!
    Oh, waite a minute...

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 32GB Black from my local AT&T store. I got there when they opened at 9AM here in the central time zone. They made remarks about their system being slow but everything went through without any issues. I'm having mine shipped to the store. It will be shipped there with my name on it and they will hold it up to 7 days. Of course I'll be there on launch day though. I think this is the best way to do it. The way the AT&T stores are handling it is like a true pre-order with no worries once it goes through.

I went to an Apple store over the weekend to ask them about how they were handling pre-orders. The guy there scared me and said it would probably be similar to the iPad launch. He said that my pre-order would not guarantee I get one on launch day and that there might be a window that I have to pick it up by. This window could be 9AM to 3PM and even if I was in line if I didn't get to the front by 3PM mine would be up for grabs and I would have to wait until they got another shipment. That would be BS so I went with AT&T. That may not be how the Apple stores are doing it but I wasn't going to risk it once I heard how my much closer AT&T store is taking care of it.

• L0V3R B0Y
    L0V3R B0Y Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Pre-ordered mine 32 White iPhone from Best Buy!! No problems!! We'llv how this goes lol

• Ng
    Ng Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

The app was now downloading from the app store but I found it on Install0us and it works great.

• Ng
    Ng Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

sorry.... it was not downloading from the app store

• Mr. Tex
    Mr. Tex Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Yeah I did mine this morning @ 6am central. I purchased two iPhone 16 and 32 GB off AT&T site. I did have the same problems during early hrs when Apple store went down, so I just tried with AT&T. I did the 32GB on my iPhone on AT&T site. After I hear all the comments from other sites before this post, I had to check my order status....and fortunately my order was actually submitted and in processing. But I will say this was a major FAIL FAIL FAIL for AT&T.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Did you try using the Apple Store app (assuming you've an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch):
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/06/apple-store-ios-application.html