Apple And AT&T Having Major Issues With iPhone 4 Pre-Orders

2»

Comments

• Person with a brain
    via Wordpress

i surprisingly just got through with AT&T online, just before the website completely went down. Got a confirmation number and everything, no email yet though. >_<

• Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

I reserved white Iphone from Best Buy earlier and they just called me to tell me that white iphones will not be available until July 24th.

• Rcas
    Rcas Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

Reserved mine from the local AT&T store at lunch today... their system was down and my order was all done by hand to be entered into the system when it comes back up.

Another interesting note: my early termination fee on the new paperwork is $175 with it decreasing by $5 each month. Don't know if its old paperwork or if they brought the early termination fee back down from $350. Either way I'm keeping my copy of the contract in case I want out and they try to charge me more.

• Jay A whY
    Jay A whY Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I was just able to order my iPhone on the Apple Store site @ 02:14 PM PDT. The phone was already in my cart when I added the bumper case to the cart, maybe it cached my info from this morning when I reserved it and then I tried to purchase it a second time around but the server kept timing out. All I know is that I got my order number & they charged my card! Now I don't have to wait in line on the 24th!

• Dave Gall
    Dave Gall Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Reason for white iPhone 4 is turning pink.
    Also preorderd mine from AT&T store with debit card.

• Urmom
    Urmom Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

white ones dont come out till summer time and who you going to sue the store for false information? haha id love to see that so the people can feel stupid

• Urmom
    Urmom Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Went to Best Buy at 10 am and I was #3 pre ordered it with no problem and $50 down hopefully everything goes right

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

According to my AT&T store, your pre ordered iPhone will not be there the day of launch. Only the next day on the 25th. They give you the option of having it shipped to your house on the 24th. They do this so that there will not be long lines on the 24th for people waiting in line for pre orders and just to buy the iPhone.

• Anthony
    via Wordpress

Me too!! It went so smooth and only $50 down. I pre ordered a white one and a black one just in case of any problems. As far as I know, Best Buys are the only people to have the white one available for pre order. Too be honest I think they made a mistake, but I sure do hope they have them on the 24th!!

• Anthony
    via Wordpress
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

At lunch today I was trying to get through and was log in on two computers. When they both got through to the actual store on ATT one was logged in as someone in Ohio and the other computer was logged in as someone in Connecticut using my number logging in......Im in VA....ATT you suck!!!!

• Brett
    Brett Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

Just pre ordered a 16 gig black iphone 4 through AT&T! also got free fedex overnight shipping!

• Person with a brain
    via Wordpress

just got off the phone with AT&T, trying to confirm my order. The lady said they're already on back order, and that If when you preorder yours its back ordered it wont come until sometime in July. Some orders can take up to 72 hours to post on your account. *INSERT VERY ANGRY FACE* F U AT&T

• x52
    x52 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I finally got mine through the Apple site. I've been trying since 6:30 AM PST. I finally got through at 2 PM

• x52
    x52 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Oh I forgot to mention, the big difference here is that the phone is delivered to your house pre configured.

• Melissa
    Melissa Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I just pre-ordered mine - took about 5 tries as each time I'd get one more step through the process and it would crash and I'd have to start over.

The 1st time I got past the step of adding my iPhone's # and zip code and SS# it told me I wasn't eligible - which irriated me b/c everything I'd found on AT&T said I was elibile. I knew that things were "quirky" with the Apple Store so I tried again and this time it let me add the phone for the $199 price!

I also sprung for a green Bumper - I have had a hard time finding a case I like for my 3G - I don't like the screen protectors - so I thought I'd give the bumpers a try. It looks like it won't ship till July though :-( I hope it comes before I go out of town.

• Linsey
    Linsey Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

the at&t store i went to today was just able to put my order through..weird thing though, she said i wont be able to pick it up til the 25th....

• puertorico169
    puertorico169 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Still having problems.

"There was a problem with your request.
    P1015: We're sorry, but we are experiencing a system error that prevents us from completing your request. For non iPhone related upgrades, please call Customer Care at 1-888-867-4384 and provide the error number at the beginning of this message."

• Kristian
    Kristian Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • Heine
    Heine Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I remember there also was problems in Denmark when the iPhone 4 arrived here. Maybe it will get better with the iPhone 5!
  • klaus
    klaus Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    soon we wil see the iphone 5..;)