Bumpers For iPhone 4 - Will You Be Buying One?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBumpers For iPhone 4 - Will You Be Buying One?

When Steve Jobs unveiled iPhone 4 at the WWDC 2010 Keynote address it didn’t come as a big surprise as it was similar to the lost next generation iPhone prototype that Gizmodo had revealed. But Apple manufacturing its own case for iPhone 4 did come as a surprise. Apple is...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Monkeywrench
    Monkeywrench Posts: 59
    via Wordpress

I use an otterbox, I had my 3gs replaced due to dust under the screan. After I got a nice new no scratches on the screen I decided try and keep it that way

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

yes i use a case now to protect my phone from scratches
    and yes i will get a case for the new phone if/when i get one

• dan p
    dan p Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i was an original iphone adopter. within 2 hours of getting the phone it slid out of my pocket and across my concrete patio, scratching the hell out of it. however, i was very lucky and there was a wifi issue with my phone so they swapped it out at the apple store that day for a brand new one(not caused by the drop). i made sure to pick up a rubber case that day to keep it from falling out of my pocket and when i upgraded to a 3GS a year and a half later it was still in like new condition...after dozens of other drops.

i think it's foolish to not buy a case for your phone, especially if you don't have insurance, because you WILL drop it eventually. and it will could be $100+ for new glass or in the worst case, 600 for a new phone.

as far as apple's case, i don't like the fact it leaves the back exposed, super awesome scratch resistant glass or not.

• brittosa
    brittosa Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Wishing someone had a pic of a black iPhone 4 with one of these Bumpers.

• ybt
    ybt Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

I have had every iPhone that's been out except for the 16gb 2g but every other model (buying and selling not because i broke them) I fix iPhones every day for people for wayyy cheaper than what apple charges, and someone may break their glass one day and call me and need it fixed again the next day! Wow uhm get a case? I've had a case on my iPhone sense i got the 3GS I've always kept my iPhones in perfect condition with or with out a case. I didn't like the idea of cases at first but once i got used to it i really loved them. I do recommend getting a case for everyone unless you want to pay me to fix it or apple the bigggggg bucks to fix it. :) I'll be getting the bumper when i get the new iPhone the day it comes out :)

• Jusco
    Jusco Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
  • Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

I'm hoping someone will market a case that makes the ip4 feel just like my 3gs does in it's case, that'd be sweet imo :)

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

Not sure if I like the bumpers will have to see it in store on an iPhone to know if I wll like it or not. Wish the blue one was dark blue or regular blue not that light blue. But either way my iPhone will be in a case most likely an otterbox case

• chuck
    chuck Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

The OtterBox is the best case I have ever seen for any electronic device. The thing makes my 3GS like a tank but not overly bulky. When I take the case off my phone is like new. I will be getting something similar to an OtterBox until Otterbox makes an iPhone 4 case. There is no better way to protect a $700 phone.

• TimW™©
    TimW™© Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Cheap eBay white leather top flip case for me :)
    £4, covers front, back, sides so why would I fork out on a rectangle 'elastic band' That only protects the shiny bits?

• Dre
    Dre Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

I currentlly use an invisible shield for my 3GS and a rubber case when I get the iPhone 4 I'm going to buy an invisible shield (by zagg) and and black or white bumper

• Ran$om
    Ran$om Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

Why must they look so femanine lol? can i get a dark blue, or a dark green c'mon lol other than that ill be getting white iphone4 black bumper

• tolurodo
    tolurodo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

if u guys are looking for cases already just go to ebay.com
    they have nice silicon and hard plastic cases going off for 3 dollars. i bought a pck of ten for 13.50 .thats way cheaper than one case from apple.

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

I use the Zagg Invisible Shield now for my 3G. The one for the iPhone 4 is available to purchase on their site now. Bought mine yesterday so I have when I get the phone. Use discount code "zagg20" for a 20% discount.

• mabbent
    mabbent Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

I've been very happy with zagg's screen protector and the mophie juice air battery case (have two). I think I'll wait and see what mophie does for the iPhone 4.

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress
  • Chase
    Chase Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

I think cases take the sleekness and overall beauty away from the iPhone. I don't have a case and I've had my 3gs for 9 months and it still looks new. It's called taking care of it. I had a case for my 3g which the plastic got a little crack when dropped with a case! The otterbox is good but it's like carrying a 1990 phone around. Too big!

• nf0rc3r
    nf0rc3r Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

great. integrate the atenna into the entire structure of the phone den make a case the cover it.

• Brundon
    Brundon Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Hell yeah! That would be sweet I know if a bunch of people who don't like the new look! I love it and have never been a case fan because I fix iPhones so I would just fix my own anyway but the bumper is like a case without having a big ugly case black with neon green bumper sounds like the sexiest phone ive ever seen!

• Dre
    Dre Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
  • mrcoltux
    mrcoltux Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I will be buying a case from iluv

• Joey
    Joey Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

i agreed chuck the otterbox is the best case for iphone i have one for my iphone 3gs and it works great. i have dropped it a thousand times already and it works like a charm.

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Not sure.. Will have to see my new ios4 phone first...The colors are too girly... Perhaps if they were darker..... More manly just might buy one..

• smash
    smash Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

I will not buy any case. I like it without case. Just have to be carefull. I never dropped mine before.

• Clepto
    Clepto Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
  • Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Me too I do it every few months!
    currently iPhone 3GS AT&T Used>

• CheeseEater
    CheeseEater Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

Planning on getting this for mine as well. If you enter their ipad giveaway they email you a 50% off code for your next purchase.

• suckitbitch
    suckitbitch Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

29 dollars for a rubber ring they call a case??? wtf!!!
    i will end up buying one but wtf!

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

Really? That looks awful! Turns an expensive phone into what looks like a toy!

Its ok to say you don't like something Apple have brought out you know, its still a good phone!

• nf0rc3r
    nf0rc3r Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

build the thinnest fone ever. Sell the initially required "attenna cover" seperately so u can say its the thinnest.