Redsn0w 0.9.5 Released To Jailbreak iOS 4 For iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G

Comments

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Multitasking working alright for me on 3g........Not sure what u mean it kills it.

• Razza111
    Razza111 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

After using redsn0w I no longer have mms and voice mail capability on my 3G... Has this happend to anyone else? is their a fix?i guess redsn0w is in beta and and update will happen.

440 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Redsn0w is buggy dont install if you need mms or voice mail.

• Nightz
    Nightz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Does this work for 2nd gen Itouch(MB model) when restored/updated to iOS4 after being jailbroken using Spirit on 3.1.3?

My Itouch was jailbroken before then the 9.2 update.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

anyone else have a problem after jb and unlocking with their internet?

• Philip
    Philip Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

what is verbose boot?

• disappointed
    disappointed Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

when will we be seeing something for 3gs (new bootrom) gosh you guys are leaving us left behind :((((

• 4.0?
    4.0? Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Anyone having issues with internet with 3g on 4.0? I am jailbroken/unlocked and can make phone calls/texts but can not connect to Safari. I noticed that there was not a Cellular Data Network/APN setting like 3.1.2. With 3.1.2 all I had to do is type wap.voicestream.com, now I do not have the option nor do I have Internet.
    Any Comments would be great. Thank you

• JL
    JL Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

i think the mms problem is simply the version of redsnow..
    i restored to 4.0 default.. then used redsnow .9.5b5-1(the one that u can only point to a 4.0gm ipsw) instead of - 4 (the non offical 4.0 ipsw only version)
    i now have mms back and jb
    however if u need activation this old version of redsnow does not help you. luckly for me i have my og sim and carrier so im fine..
    hope this helps some of you

• JL
    JL Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

i think the mms problem is simply the version of redsnow..
    i restored to 4.0 default.. then used redsnow .9.5b5-1(the one that u can only point to a 4.0gm ipsw) instead of - 4 (the non offical 4.0 ipsw only version)
    i now have mms back and jb
    however if u need activation this old version of redsnow does not help you. luckly for me i have my og sim and carrier so im fine..
    hope this helps some of you

• Eazie
    Eazie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Go to cydia and download APN editing. After that cellular data will appear in your network settings so you can type it in.

• thegreengiant
    thegreengiant Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi there, i have the same problem has Eazie, and i tried what you said but i get this message "APN Editing: subprocess post-intallation script return error eixt status 225" help

• htd
    htd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have the same problem that I try to run RedsnOw 0.9.5 but when I browse I couldn't find ipsw file. I have iphone 3G with OS4. Please help me out. Tks

• dave
    via Wordpress

Get the official untouched firmwares here:

http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios-4.0-for-iphone-4-9170229/

I wouldn't recommend getting the firmware from 3rd parties, particularly not torrents (Someone on here got their's from pirate bay, dodgy if you ask me)

Who knows what the third party has cooked into the firmware...................Bottom line, get the official firmware from the apple links provided in the URL I gave above

• dave
    via Wordpress

jailbreak with Spirit, then unlock with ultrasnow.

• dave
    via Wordpress

If you're talking about 3gs, why do you keep saying MC......the MC rule only applies to Ipod touch, not 3gs champ. google "how to check 3gs bootrom"

• Needunlocknew3GS
    Needunlocknew3GS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thank you so much Dev Team,
    The ipod 2G works great even though that I used spiritJB. Now it has iOS 4 & it works correctly.
    1 more thing, I have to say:
    Dev Team help us out of finding a solution to unlock the new bootrom,
    We are getting crazy cuz it can't be unlocked, & we got bored of installing blackra1n everytime it's out of battery
    Please Help us out
    Thank you for everything Dev team

• dave
    via Wordpress

Verbose boot just shows text of what is actually happening during boot (As opposed to just the boot logo)

• Corey
    Corey Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

the heck, i downloaded redsnow etc etc...and now, i have the "cydia" logo in my menu but when i click it, it goes to a black screen with just my little bar above and thats it....i have a 3g iphone updated to iso4..PLEASE HHEELPP...new to this

• greezy
    greezy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

please help me with this problem:
    my phone is an iphone 3g and i dont have a carrier sim so my iphone is stuck on the emergency screen after restore. its baseband is 05.12.01.
    can i use redsnow 0.95 to hackivate and unlock it....
    thank you in advance for the help.

• Lukas
    Lukas Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

hi guys i have iphone 3g and thinking of updating to 4.0 OS but i also have some cracked applications , does 4.0 hack allow installer (or other software for applications instaling) and would I be able to unlock it ?

• 3g
    3g Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Hey i have a iphone 3G. My question is when i can use the 3g option in setting coz u know its much faster to view data and stuff

• vbpakster3
    vbpakster3 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

anyone having problem with tmoble edge after unlocking?

i have 3gs 4.0 web2go unlimited

• stuart adamss
    stuart adamss Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I dont see it working, do you press the home button and go into another app?

• dave
    via Wordpress

Double tap home button and the open applications bar will come up underneath the springboard dock

• dave
    via Wordpress

and sorry yes, if you hit the home button to "exit" the app, it will still run in the background until you double tap home to bring up task bar and kill apps you don't want open.

• M
    M Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

has anyone else noticed that the new iOS 4.0 has disabled or gotten rid of MMS for iphone 3G?

• Rob@yournetbiz
    Rob@yournetbiz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have an iphone 3g. I jailbroke my phone during 3.0 times and today decided to upgrade to 4.0...

1. First I had to update itunes

2. I upgraded my phone to 4.0

3. I jailbroke my phone using Redsn0w(thanks dev team)

I couldnt find my .ipsw file so i used the windows search facility to find it.

If you find that you cant use MMS then check your settings as i had to change mine back to payandgo.

Double click home button for apps running in background.

4. Task of reinstalling all my apps :-(

• M
    M Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

it wasn't there after the 4.0 update regardless :-{

• pedroluft
    pedroluft Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I own an iTouch 8Gb Model MC086BT Version 4.0 (8A293)
    Can I use the same process above to jailbreak it?
    If not, is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance.