iPhone 4 Owners Reporting Discoloration On Retina Display, Scratches On The Glass Back

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4 Owners Reporting Discoloration On Retina Display, Scratches On The Glass Back

Many lucky users who had pre-order their iPhone 4 for launch day have started received their shiny new iPhone a day or two before the official launch day. But MacRumors is reporting that a number of their forum users as well as users on Apple’s discussion forums have observed areas...

Read the full story here

Comments

• dR435t4
    dR435t4 Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

haaa... nice one apple! my hats off to you!

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

I'll be getting the invisible shield. It's been perfect for my 3G and 3GS, accept for it peeling up a little on the corners. That shouldn't happen now that the sides are flat. I wouldn't even worry about the sides. I'll just put the invisible shield on the front and back and be set.

• Vec
    Vec Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I got mine early this morning. So far it's perfect. No scratches or any flaws with the retina display. Either way, I'm planning to buy a bumper case sooner or later.

• john@yahoo.com
    john@yahoo.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Go play with your android phone and leave the iphone sites alone. It's amazing to me to see people who hates something so much spend so much of their time reading and posting about it.

• Spitfire
    Spitfire Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

I knew that glass front/back design would spell trouble, it's not even out in the whole world yet, let's hope it's not every phone, or Apple have big problem,s on their hand's.

• Spitfire
    Spitfire Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

..and as for the blotches on the screen, WTF? Heads are going to roll at Foxcomm

• Kewlj1313
    Kewlj1313 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I've been having freezing issues here and the reception issue when you touch the side antennas... :-/

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6sgnYQIeW8

• Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

my iphone 4 came in this morning. im about to activate it right now!!!

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Ooh man! And I just read on Gizmodo that the antenna of the iPhone 4 loses reception when handle from the band around the iPhone. They have a video showing it. Not good at all apple. Wow!

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

wow, so for iphone 4 has some issues heh?

Especially with the glass on the back, i guess that was a bad move on apple, i mean why make it a glassy on the back when it will still scratch.

Be prepared to spend extra bucks to get the invisible shield or bodyguardz to fully protect your iphone 4.

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Me too, I am experiencing signal issue when i hold the phone tight in my hand!!

• AMOSK
    AMOSK Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Invest now in InivisibleShield

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hmm, that doesn't look good.

Did you set up as a new iPhone in iTunes or did you sync data from a backup?

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I got my phone about 5 hours ago...and to me, it's perfect in every way!! SOOO Fast, GORGEOUS display (no yellow or brown spots either), Glass back makes it look even better. I'll be putting a zagg shield on the back, and getting an apple bumper as well...but with all the previous phones i've had, I've been over protective. Better safe than sorry...but honestly, even if the glass isn't totally scratch proof...is that why we are buying the phone? No way...the internal hardware and the fast os of this phone make it unlike anything else out there....completely 100% satisfied so far!!!

• Blaze
    Blaze Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Looks like I might stick with my 3GS 32GB phone for now lol....that totally blows, I'm glad I have a Zagg Invisible Shield with unlimited replacements, I go through about 3-4 every year.

• duston f
    duston f Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

I live in Canada I hope these issues are fixed before it comes here lol, at least the display, I have already purchased my zagg invisible shield, i hear there amazing :)

• 420Dude
    420Dude Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I got my this morning and I love it. I don't have any scratch or spots but I do have a problem with wifi, it stays always on even when in sleep mode. Any one with the same problem?

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Gizmodo have loads of user videos showing the same issue, not good at all, screen issues, hairline scratches on gorilla glass, reception drop outs when holding the phone, WTF Apple??

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Just realized that you have mentioned that you restored from an iPhone 3GS backup. It might be a good idea to restore as a new iPhone. I agree its not ideal but don't think you have a choice.

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Admin@iPhoneHacks.com <admin@iphonehacks.com> wrote:

Hmm, that doesn't look good.

Did you set up as a new iPhone in iTunes or did you sync data from a backup?

• Blaze
    Blaze Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Looks like there maybe a iOS 4.0 upgrade coming soon to fix these issues. Anyone reporting any of these kinds of errors on like 3GS with 4.0?? Maybe it's just the design of the phone, a bad bunch who knows.

• putters
    putters Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

That's one of the new features in ios4...look it up.

• bert
    bert Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

that totally happened to me!! It sux because now i have to take it to the apple store because they want to look at it first!

• Zulfly
    Zulfly Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I have signal issues with mine, I restored from a previous backup. I'll try to restore as new and see what happens. Sucks

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Not sure if the signal issue will get fixed by restoring as a new iPhone. But no harm in trying, please keep us posted.

• ramx21@aol.com
    ramx21@aol.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

oh no!! not a scratch on a cell phone, who would have ever thought that. I read the engadget review and they were talking about throwing it across the room into a wall with no case and dropping it several times on a tile floor. Come on people scratches happen. Now that discoloration thing, thats an issue

• Deeznuts
    Deeznuts Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

im not surprised at all, usually new devices like this come defected in some way. im glad im waiting until next month..

• 420Dude
    420Dude Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Thanx, I didn't know about that one.

• putters
    via Wordpress

Yeah. No problem. It allows push notifications to work while it is off (kinda like a call in a way) and for tasks to continue despite the screen being off (like downloading an app or uploading a video to facebook).

• putters
    via Wordpress

iPhonehacks, it sounds like a software issue when backing up from an iphone 3gs or 3g. All of the videos (of credibility) have stated that they have used their data from their 3g or 3gs. Like I said before, it might be dropping one bar at most, but because of this glitch from backing up from an old iphone, it continues to drop despite still being able to make calls like it was just missing one bar. I expect that apple will fix this problem in a week or so.

2nd Theory: Upon thinking, it could also be (along the lines of that same glitch) overloading or enhancing the signal, as our bodies should actually be improving the signal than harming it (like when you touch the antennas on an extremely old tv, the reception gets better) All the videos showed full bar's, and then they touched the sides. Thus, because it is going beyond its limits, this could then trigger the glitch and force it into a continual drop in reading because it does not know how to handle it (as video two in your next post shows it works lightning fast). When the hand is removed, it can then read it properly and thus the glitch is stopped and returns the reading to normal.

• Zulfly
    Zulfly Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

no dice in signal improvement. Holding the bottom of the iphone causes me to lose one bar of service, and removing my hand brings it back. My 3G doesn't have the same issue...