iPhone 4 Owners Reporting Discoloration On Retina Display, Scratches On The Glass Back

2»

Comments

• Kikiiii
    Kikiiii Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This is totally blows! especially the display and antenna issues...I'm going to stick with my 32GB 3GS.

• dR435t4
    dR435t4 Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

hey numbnutz i own a 3GS

• Footneek
    Footneek Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am going to hold out with my trusty 3GS 16 GB for now. Was looking forward to order mine but am waiting for the unlocked Canadian model. Like the other guy said, I hope they fix this issue in the next few weeks.

• Sinsin
    Sinsin Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I've had the same discoloration problem with my iPhone 2G, since the day i bought it. It's nothing new. (But in time it becomes more visible and more yellow)

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Yep me too, I'm happy with my 3gs, it's jailbroken how i want it to be :)
    I think it would be prudent to wait and let Apple address these issues, in particular the screen!

• Salvadorean
    Salvadorean Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

Sucks!
    The rear of the latest iPhone(4) vulnerable to scratches.
    Didn't the designer thought about been aware of accidental damaging.
    This drive me bananas! I rather keep my brand new
    Iphone 3G S until they come up with better upgrade.
    No too satisfied by it :( antenna on the sides without insulating technology...??!!

• Salvadorean
    Salvadorean Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

Sucks!
    The rear of the latest iPhone(4) vulnerable to scratches.
    Didn't the designer thought about been aware of accidental damaging.
    This drive me bananas! I rather keep my brand new
    Iphone 3G S until they come up with better upgrade.
    No too satisfied by it :( antenna on the sides without insulating technology...??!!

• 3gsUser
    3gsUser Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

still the apple fans will say it is the best thing in the world and that the scratches are designed by SJ to make it look more retro.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

signal probs. a full zagg body cover should fix them probs because it fits the sides as well it will insulate your hand.

• Jcm800
    via Wordpress

Great! That Zagg stuff costs a lot of money. We shouldn't have to buy it to have a usable phone!! This is a crap situation, I'm glad i haven't out a pre order in frankly!

• Jcm800
    via Wordpress

*glad I haven't put a pre order in

typo.

• Jcm800
    via Wordpress

iClarified have just posted a iFixit video of a 'drop test'.
    It'll take more than an invisible shield to protect these glass babies folks.

• Ashenden
    Ashenden Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Way to link to it.

• DayvG
    DayvG Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I've just been into my local Apple store as my iPhone 4 has these yellow spots. The guy says its just the bonding agent used to bond the glass to the LCD. He reckons they've been briefed by the powers that be in Apple that they will disappear after a few days. If not everyone that has the spots will get a new iPhone, no questions asked. Hope this helps guys.

• Drk9ght
    Drk9ght Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Do u have the issue with the antenna?? Aka the sig bars dropping out when u touch the left side of the antenna and the bottom side??

• Spitfire
    Spitfire Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Sounds positive, so, what about the dropped signal bars, were they mentioned?!

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Well, I love the look of the new iPhone, but I'm still going to have to put an Otterbox Defender case on it when it becomes available.

My 3G is great, but an iphone is just too expensive and too fragile to take any risks. I work outside often and have young kids who get into my stuff all the time. This is my 2nd 3G iphone and I'm on my 2nd Otterbox case.

I miss the ruggedness of the Nextel Motorola i530, that was one tough phone in it's day (No Case Needed).

• iphonefann
    iphonefann Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I think, Apple is taking advantage of customers trust. sorry to say this , but this one of the poorest quality phone released by Apple so far, taking customers for a ride. Now it is a open secret that apple is covering up the design issues the phone 4 has. Apple has to admit those design isssues and take the necessary steps to rectify it.

• nulogic
    nulogic Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My new iPhone 4 is enroute should be here by Wed.
    I've had the original now for over three years.
    Of all the cell phones and PDAs I owned over the years my iPhone is hardly ever idle, sleep?!. I use it for everything, pix, lists, calender, math, surf the net, shopping, mapping. Although the original didn't have GPS the maps really do help.
    I did miss FLASH. But, I sure the heck don't miss all those Flash ads! You know the ads like two girls doing some weird dance or jogging, some popup window floating around the screen or ads for low interest rates or or or...!!
    I've already ordered a silicone cover and screen protection. Used screen protection on my original. The screen still looks brand new after three years of steady daily use. Had a silicone cover on the original because it was slippery to handle. I dropped it several times. Hey, it "took a lickin and kept on tickin".
    I have around 5gb of songs on it. I mount it on my motorcycle and enjoy the jams through my J&M CB radio helmet mounted speakers.
    Oh yes, once in awhile someone actually calls me.
    One tough phone!

• 349lb sit on yer face!
    via Wordpress

You guyz want to start dropping iPhones or trying to see if a 22oz hammer will squish it.
    Please be honest here and start beating the crap out of all the iPhone wannabees out there!!
    Get real you twitz!