How To Jailbreak iOS 4, iOS 4.0.1 Using Redsn0w For iPhone 3G Users [Windows]

1235»

Comments

• moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress

the problem is your uploading the wrong ipsw..you need to upload the 4.0 ipasw

• pedroluft
    pedroluft Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I own an iTouch 8Gb Model MC086BT Version 4.0 (8A293)
    Can I use the same process above to jailbreak it?
    If not, is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

• kellylynn
    kellylynn Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

4.0.1 USERS..
    Redsn0w doesn't recognize 4.0.1 firmware! EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD...

You jailbreak it with 4.0 firmware and it works PERFECTLY.

I feel so stupid because it took me forever to figure out!

• Cindy
    Cindy Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

the ipsw will not show up and it not in my hidden files help

• wes
    wes Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

ok so I am having the same problem of redsnow not recognizing 4.0.1 OS. Maybe I'm an idiot but it says in the tutorial that you can use redsnow to jailbreak your iphone os4 or 4.0.1..? Can I jailbreak my 4.0.1 iphone now? I have iphone 3G.

• wes
    via Wordpress

ok so I am having the same problem of redsnow not recognizing 4.0.1 OS. Maybe I'm an idiot but it says in the tutorial that you can use redsnow to jailbreak your iphone os4 or 4.0.1..? Can I jailbreak my 4.0.1 iphone now? I have iphone 3G.

• Enki666
    Enki666 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I used the 4.0 IPSW even though I have 4.0.1 on my iPhone 3G. Now my phone is jailbroken. Thanks Moe.

• Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

i cant get redsn0w to recognize my ipsw

• wes
    via Wordpress

ok so i've update to ios4.0.1 on my 3G iphone. I have also jailbroken it but none of the apps will load up and the signal strength is out of wack too. What the hell can I do now?

thanks

• Cindy
    via Wordpress

im still not able to c the ipsw and it's not in the hidden files

• KiKi847
    KiKi847 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

How do I get iPhone1,2_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw, the provided link is a zip file, after I attract it, there is no iPhone1,2_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw file in the folder, please help.

• HEG
    HEG Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i still have the problem of IPSW not recognized by redsn0w... i have tried many times, i have 3G, with Ios 4.01 ... can you help?

• Burim
    Burim Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

there were some guys who complained that after runing the redsn0w and following the steps, the iphone 3g starts rebooting and it will stay there fore ever, I have the same problem, big problem, if dev team could give us an answer would be really helpful.

thanks.

• Cindy
    via Wordpress

not able to find the ipsw in my files and thier not in the hidden file were did it go ??????

• morearete
    morearete Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I'm on a 3G with OS 4.0.1 trying to jailbreak first, then unlock second, so I can use phone with TMobile (and hopefully use device to internet tether).

I've used 0.9.5b5-5 to jailbreak successfully (I think) but when I used Cydia to unlock the phone I've discovered I have no internet access to my home wi-fi. I did before I rain the jailbreak app, and remember right now I have no 3G or Edge access either because phone is still locked.

Please help - any ideas??
    Many thanks!!

• morearete
    morearete Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

got the wi-fi issue resolved. ended up needing to active phone first, and did this by using friends's AT&T SIM card temporarily. once phone was active the steps worked just fine. now trying to see if the unlocked worked, can't test because TMo SIM doesn't fit so well in the 3G. i heard you can shave it with an exacto knife, but then it wouldn't fit back in the TMo device. any ideas?

• Smith
    Smith Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

WARNING!!! PLEASE READ WARNING!!!!!

After downloading the 305mb restore file listed from this site, I can not gain access back into my phone. After doing the restore using the download link provide here at this site, I am locked out of my phone, and also my phone is in Russian language. Lastly my iTunes is not detecting my iPhone so now there is not a way to restore using a LEGIT copy of os4 or 0s4.01. I wouldn't download or use the link provide from this site, until people can verify.

• Lectro
    Lectro Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi
    I have a iphone 3G 3.1.3, but i want to upgrade to 4.0.
    I followed the steps from this page, but when I select the .ipsw file, itunes gives an error(3192,3002,...)
    I tried Restore and Update, non of them work...
    What should I do?

• UAPotato00
    UAPotato00 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i actually having issues for my 3G 4.0.1 baseband 05.13.04. restored my phone to stock 4.0.1 inserted at&t sim card and works fine. as soon as i use redsnow 095b5-5 to jailbreak phone does not read any sim cards. tried to unlock with ultrasnow, nothing worked. any ideas?

• UAPotato00
    via Wordpress

you cant upgrade, apple stopped signing 4.0 firmware. You can only restore to 4.0.1.

• UAPotato00
    via Wordpress

You have to use 4.0 ipsw not 4.0.1 ipsw to jailbreak 4.0.1

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    I found an iphone in the park, took it to the police and no one claimed it, so they gave it to me. I wanted to use it but its password protected. I followed the tute to step 4, but when itunes is open there is a popup that says that iTunes cannot connect to the iPhone because its locked with a passcode and that I must enter it before I can use it with iTunes.

Is there anyway to get around this and continue with the unlocking tutorial

• sammy
    sammy Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

my iphone is from US and i jailbroke it but i am unable to use it with another indian sim card, since i do not have wifi i am unable to have cydia update itself ...is it something to do with CYDIA update? it detects the sim card but doesnt show any signals or anything..please help.

• Rozen Rozen
    Rozen Rozen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi
    I have a iphone 3GS but its not working with this tutorial. Will you please give any suggestion of unllocking iphone 3GS or any new link? My operating system is Windows XP.
    Thanks
    Rozen