Spirit2Pwn: Hack Allows Users To Update And Jailbreak iPhone 3GS With iOS 4, Which Is Already Jailbr

Comments

• Akakig
    Akakig Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

guys...... it worked, it friggin worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    now i'm in restore mode to put my old stuff in,
    used :
    sn0wbreeze-V1.6.2.exe
    itunes 9.2
    restore mode (screen with iphone plug)
    3gs old bootrom,
    from 3.1.3(spirited) to 4.0 i guess it is spirited
    haha
    happy

• Akakig
    Akakig Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

oh yeah time is 9:03 pm

• Jip
    Jip Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

This is awesome. I'm also on 3.1.3 3gs jailbreak by Spirit (old bootrom). have been trying to upgrade but not successful.

This fixes the problem (i used to get 160x errors on iTunes). Now i'm on 4.0 and can also unlock with ultrasnow.

Great job and Thanks!

• Raul
    Raul Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
  • Vinny.
    Vinny. Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Just confirming that it works.

I have previously had a Jailbroken 3GS on 3.1.3 by Spirit. Using this guide, I have successfully Jailbroken to iOS 4.0. Thank you, masked crusader.

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress

if you have previously register your 3.1.3 jailbreak with cydia you can downgrade your ios4 back to 3.1.3.

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress

USE Sn0wbreeze/PwnageTool to create the custom firmware for your upgrading..

• hav0k
    hav0k Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

ih8sn0w can jailbreak 4.0 on a 3GS (new bootrom) although its really tedious but worth it.
    Follow the instructions carefully to jailbreak it

http://forums.openpwn.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=74

• Edisson
    Edisson Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

don't work i get error (1600)

• Edisson
    Edisson Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • KWD2010
    KWD2010 Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Worked on mine perfect...

Have old bootrom and jailbroken with Spirit.

When to repository and downloaded the Spirit2Pwn and installed it. After this, used Snowbreeze 1.6.2 to create the custom firmware on iOS4.

What I did then was just connected it to iTunes, but I DIDN'T put the phone in DFU mode OR Recovery mode.

With the phone connected to iTunes, I just hit the SHIFT and clicked on Restore... Navigated to my custom firmware and it updated it fine.... But it does not update your baseband, so I'm still on 05.12.01.

So currently now on iOS4, Jailbroken, Unlocked

For anyone who is having problems, please try restoring when the phone is idle and don't put it in DFU or Recovery Mode.

• Robinho
    Robinho Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

My iPhone is 3GS (old bootroom) already jailbroken with spirit on version 3.1.3

and now i successfully upgraded it to 4.0 by custom firmware from sn0wbreeze 1.6.2, so even it's FAKE as what you said it's worked at the end

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
  • Edmund
    Edmund Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Iphone 3gs (old bootrom)FW 3.1.3 Spirit JB

Restore to ios4 using this method with no problem.
    But alot of cydia applications still not compatible.

• jan
    jan Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Worked for me too - thanks for the suggestion to skip DFU and restore directly form iTunes when iPhone is conceded and idle.

When installing spirit2pwn in Cydia a mine got stuck at the reloading screen as well, but I just restarted the phone and it worked.

• Vichi
    Vichi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Edmund
    Edmund Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Please ensure that you create the custom firmware correctly when it asks you whether to activate your iphone.
    if you got it wrong then there will be error and no carrier network at all.
    I got it wrong at first try so i create again this time with "NO". Shift restore and i successfully upgrade to ios4 with no error.

• jimjack@yahoo.om
    jimjack@yahoo.om Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

make sure phone is recovery mode (shows plug) and not DFU mode. that was what I did wrong. to get to recovery mode: turn off iphone by holding down power button and swiping to turn off. plug into computer, hold down home button until it shows plug. then run restore in itunes. yay!

• Akaki
    Akaki Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
  • Rocky
    Rocky Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

my 3gs was jailbreak using spirit, and unlock using ultrasnow. if i want to check what version is my bootrom using the dfu mode. is it ok to do it? thanks

• mrniceguy
    mrniceguy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i had the same issue but you should have tried black rain again i did that and got out of upgrading

• mrniceguy
    via Wordpress

I attempted this with an old bootrom 3gs made a custom firmware for os4 but got unknown errors i had a previous jb with black rain on 3.1.3 and had to rerun blackrain to avoid upgrading to 4.0

• mrniceguy
    via Wordpress

so is this doable if i have a previous jb using black rain? i seem to meet all the other needs

• moronFighter
    moronFighter Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Besides the racist tone of your comment, which says much about your intellect (or lack thereof) in general, you should make some attempt to master the English language a bit better yourself. All day long I see maddening evidence in forums of people who missed the day in school when they explained the difference between "your" and "you're". You're no exception to the other idiots. These are different words with entirely different meanings. Look it up...YOU'RE going to find that YOUR use of the English language is no less goony goo goo.

• moronFighter
    moronFighter Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

By the way...that comment was @AvionicZ

• Brian Hernandez
    Brian Hernandez Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

@jim john thanks bro that worked im jailbroke and unlocked on the 4.0os now

• KWD2010
    KWD2010 Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Just download F0recast mate and apparently if it says 'Tethered = No' I think it means you have the old bootrom...

• Sj
    Sj Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hi...just wanted to let everyone know that I tried this patch and it worked. I am now running IOS 4.0 on my 3GS. My previous firmware was 3.1.3 and the baseband was (and still is) 05.12.01. Please note that I have the OLD BOOTROM 359.3. Found it out by following the method here (http://tipsneeded.com/find-bootrom-version-iphone-3gs/)
    My 3GS was jailbroken with SPIRIT and unlocked at 3.1.3 with ultrasn0w 0.93.
    The following were the steps I took:
    1) Open Cydia add the source (repo.woowiz.net)
    2) Click on the source after installation and scroll down to spirit2pawn
    3) Install spirit2pawn
    4) Follow the procedure to create the custom IOS 4.0 firmware (I used Pwnage tool on my Mac) or find an already created custom firmware for IOS 4.0
    5) Restore using iTunes 9.2 (be sure to use the custom firmware saved on your computer...you access it on the Mac by using the Alt-Option key and clicking restore in iTunes)
    6) After restore I ran ultrasn0w 0.93 to unlock
    7) The end result...running IOS 4.0 with 05.12.01 baseband...I had some issues with the signal, but later realized that I had to do the unlock in order to use T-mobile

• iDre
    iDre Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

i was on 3.1.3 j/b with Spirit but still on the old bootrom. i thought black rain was only for 3.1.2.

• iPhone user
    iPhone user Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

It's worked for me. I have a 3GS 32GB jailbroken iOS 3.1.3 with Spirit. It has the old bootrom. I used iDetect to check it. Following the instructions, the process went smoothly without a hitch.