Spirit2Pwn: Hack Allows Users To Update And Jailbreak iPhone 3GS With iOS 4, Which Is Already Jailbr

124»

Comments

• Jip
    Jip Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

aftaer testing this a couple of days, noticed my PUSH NOTIFICATION doesn't work.
    Has anyone experienced this?

• 3geek
    3geek Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ive tried the above and it worked for me.

I was running 3.1.3 on 3GS (jailbroken with spirit) with old bootrom.

Downloaded spirit2pwn on saturday night when i read about this. Then simply restores my iphone to a pre-cooked iOS4 which a friend already had.

So all good for me except youtube doeant swem to be working

• Akaki
    Akaki Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

hi guys, after jailbreak when i receive call i cannot see buttons like keypad and mute and stuff ... anyubody has same issue ?

• Akaki
    Akaki Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Didn't get what u mean

• Webenjamin@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

Works fine for me as well using the same procedures mentioned by SJ.

• ali_tamimi@live.com
    via Wordpress

please someone help i did this and know my iphone doesnt turn on or restore

Launch Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone 3GS with older bootrom. You can use F0recast to find out if your iPhone 3GS has newer or older bootrom. Please DO NOT install Spirit2Pwn if you have a newer bootrom as it could end up bricking your iPhone.

• Chase
    Chase Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Mb old mc new u have mb so u r ok to use this hack

• zen
    zen Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

MB is old bootrom

MC is new bootrom

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

He also mentioned pancreatic cancer of the tounge how do you get that they are two totally different organs what an a**

• saif
    saif Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

This isnt fake and does work i tried it just now =D

• mjpoetic
    mjpoetic Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Spirit2pwn worked here too! After being VERY VERY cautious and researching/fact checking as to how real it was, I took the plunge and all is well!! At least, so far so good anyway

• Jawad
    Jawad Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

MC and MB does not apply for iphone 3gs thats only for ipod touch.... dont misguide people if u do not know..

• lucas
    lucas Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Get a refund and buy one in Canada at launch they are factory unlock for same price

• MIKO
    MIKO Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

HELP guys, MY IPHONE 3GS HAS BE STUCK IN DFU WHEN I TRIED TO UPGRADE FROM 3.1.3 TO IOS4. IT HAS OLD BOOTROM, AND FROM CYDIA I TRIED TO ADD Spirit2Pwn THEN I FOLLOWED UP THE ABOVE PROCEDURE. SUDDENLY, BEFORE EVEN I PLUGG IT TO ITUNE ITS BECAME DEAD WITH BLACK SCREEN. ONCE I CONNECT IT TO ITUNE IT SHOWS UR IPHONE IN RECOVERY MODE. OR DFU MODE.
    HELP PLEASE

• MIKO
    via Wordpress

please help,,,,
    My Iphone 3GS went to DFU loop(black screen)when i used spirit2Pwn. once i dowonloded this file from, my iphone went directly to dfu loop.
    when i connected to itune i am trying to resore with the original software, itune message comes and say error 28. i tried many other stuff like irecovery but i coldnt solve my problem. pleasei need your help guys
    iphone 3gs 3.1.3 old bootrom jb by spirit , and unlocked by ultrasnow.
    HEEEEEEEEEEELP!

• jwchips
    jwchips Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It's been a while since I left the iCommunity but as far as I remember it goes like this:

1. Bootrom. 2nd letter of model number. E.g MAxxx/MBxxx = OLD bootrom. MCxxx = NEW bootrom

2. Baseband. You say baseband, I say radio. This is the 5.1x.xx.xx that handles the phone calls and other functions. This is what you need to patch to UNLOCK you phone. Ipod Touch's do not have basebands.

3. Firmware. This is the iOS, latest version 4.0.1. This is what you must patch to JAILBREAK your phone.

Hope this clears things up. If I'm wrong, flame away.. I'm a WinMo user now!

• Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Hey I have a problem, mi iphone 3gs jailbreak with spirit and install the Spirit2Pwn and later te iphone screen its turn black ... I try to restore and its not working , error 28 ... Please some body tell what happen or tell me the solution ...

• Joey G
    Joey G Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Ok, so i have a 3gs old bootrom, ( to check you use idetector) and it was on 3.1.3 jailbroken and unlocked with spirit. i then installed spirit2pwn and went into recovery mode and restored with my custom ipsw from sn0wbreeze. IT WORKS. if you need help you can email me (pkeliscool@hotmail.com)

• Joey G
    Joey G Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

did you have the old bootrom? after you installed it, you need to go to recovery mode and restore to the custom ipsw. worked for me

• MIKO
    via Wordpress

yes i do have the old bootrom, but after i installed the spirit2pwn from cydia. i left on my desk for like 3 minutes. then when i went to restore it with new software, i found my iphone dead with black screen. when i connect it to the itune it shows this fone in DFU mode.
    i even tried to restore it with the apple software but it give me error 28.
    help please, also i have question if my iphone was by mistake has the new bootrom. is that means my iphone is dead forever, or there is a possible way to have it back?
    thanks

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

This worked. I had a 3gs old bootrom running 3.13 with a Spirit jailbreak. i tried for a week to restore a custom firmware with Pwnage tool on mac with no luck. Kept getting error 1600 and 1604. After installing this patch, it worked perfectly the first time! Woo Hoo!

I used pwnage tool 4.1 with this guide: http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-jailbreak-iphone-3gs-on-ios-4.1-with-pwnagetool-guide/

• Yoegyu
    Yoegyu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Rong.. mine 3GS is on new bootroom and has 013 ...so...check this: http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-check-iphone-3gs-bootrom-iboot-version/

• Goran
    Goran Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I USED TO USE THIS AND IT "KILLED" MY IPHONE 3GS NEW BR BACK THEN.WITH ACTIVATION OF THIS ERRER IS 28 THOSE WHO WHOse iphone is new br BE AWARE WITH THIS
  • Goran
    via Wordpress
    IF U R IPHONE 3GS WITH NEW BOOTROOM install spirit2pwn= erorr 28 =internal failure DO NOT
  • Goran
    via Wordpress
    YOUR IPHONE IS GONE WITH EROR 28 IF U HAVE IPHONE 3GS WITH NEW BR