iPhone 4 Proximity Sensor Problem: Few Solutions To Fix It

13»

Comments

• Nigel Brown
    Nigel Brown Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I eventually gave up and returned the iPhone 4, after speaking with Apple Cribs Causeway Bristol, who did not take me seriously and seemed to think the whole thing was a joke! They kept offering me genius appointments to suit them and not me. I will not be replacing it with another iPhone 4 in the future. One lost customer Apple!

• nicole
    nicole Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I've never used the shield and my 4's sensor is driving me nuts! They need to find a real solution before I move back to my 3GS.

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

Samn problem. Be it poor design or software I dont really give a f%$#. Apple needs to fix this period.

My wife and I both upgraded to the 4 and this prox sensor thing is killing me. I use BT while driving etc, but around the house and office I do not and this is a MAJOR PAIN IN MY A$$!

• Ante
    Ante Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Im a iP4 Owner and set it up as new one, but I have this problem too. So there's probably a software issue.

• JC
    JC Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

In that case you may have a defective unit. You should definitely take it to the Apple Store for inspection and possible replacement. I know my phones proximity sensor issues were resolved with a settings reset. If nothings helping you could have randomly just got a bad phone.

• iphone4black32gb
    iphone4black32gb Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Why Apple! Why! Why have you Microsoft Kin-ned us! Why! I do have a few call failures, but I have accustomed to it!

• iphone4black32gb
    iphone4black32gb Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

The galaxy s,or captivate for my opinion, is fine and dandy. but the photo quality comes out a bit low and unusable in my onion,the whole process to do things with it is daunting as well!

• Xany
    Xany Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    just go on cydia and download "callLock".this will anable the sleep button to lock the screen while on call
  • steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
    I have a jailbroken iPhone 4, and I was having the problem where my iPhone would stay dark during a call. I also use pkgbackup to keep all of my settings saved. After some trial and error I found that if I reset all settings, then restore everything except the com.apple.springboard.plist preference file, that fixes my problem.
  • mussa
    mussa Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i had this issue just now and i did reset all setting and thi helped me to solve the problemtahnks...
  • mussa
    mussa Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    hi my problem come again its doing again and again i do. i did the setet all and soft and nothing what shoukd i do????
  • Andrei
    Andrei Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Hi everyone,I had this problem with my phone running iOS 5. I am not sure when the symptoms started, because I got this phone second hand. I did the reset network trick and it solved the proximity sensor issue.Thanks everyone for the good find and for sharing!
  • Bruce
    Bruce Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    IPhone4 running iOS 5 with invisível shield. Prox sensor stopped working and wouldnt shut the screen off during calls. Reseting the phone network settings did it for me! Tnx