Apple To Give Free Case To All iPhone 4 Customers - Here Are All The Details

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple To Give Free Case To All iPhone 4 Customers - Here Are All The Details

Apple talked about the iPhone 4 reception problem at the special press conference held earlier today. According to Steve Jobs, it is affecting a very small percentage of users and believes that the issue has been overblown by the media. But he announced that Apple will take few steps to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tee
    Tee Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
  • Free cases!!
    Free cases!! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i want a black one!

• Happy
    Happy Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
  • RinosH
    RinosH Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I want Griffin Reveal slimfit case!

• Geohot
    Geohot Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
  • tomtom
    tomtom Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I want a vapor case

• wlchan3
    wlchan3 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Why set a date of Sept. for free bumpers? What is going to change? Is the phone going to miraculously resolve of this issue on it's own? I have the same feeling as the post that apple has a fix or will have one in the works. My question is if there is absolutely nothing wrong with the iphone's antenna, why change the phone? Why spend more time fixing something that isn't broken? (If the rumors are true that apple is making hardware changes to remedy the issue).

I guess it'll suck for the people who bought their iphones early if they do come out with new ones that doesn't exhibit the reception issue (as in it doesn't drop ~24db when connecting the two antennas).

• tomtom
    via Wordpress

yeah so true. Can we then exchange it for one that works?

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

Bullsh*t! If you bought a bumper already can u still get a bumper or case for free if you don't want the reimbursement?

• Bop
    Bop Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Why don't you take the refund, since it's a completely refund, and buy another bumper? Should all come out the same cost.

• Bop
    Bop Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I'm pretty sure you can get one. I don't think they have a record of you buying a bumper unless you ask for a reimbursement. Or you can ask for a reimbursement and buy a different case.

• Mummoguntabo
    Mummoguntabo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I don't see why not. What would make you think you can't?

• 1crazy man
    1crazy man Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I think that it's about time in this county there is a company like apple that made an mistake and did something about it in afew weeks of this happening and not with the blame game to many time companies say it's not on them so the customer is the one that gets it in the end they didn't go with the blame game.Thank you from one glad customer.

• KillerCheeze
    KillerCheeze Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Or maybe you don't tell them you already bought a bumper case. Not rocket science is it?

• 1crazyman
    1crazyman Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
  • Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

Come back Geohot! Everything considered, most of us are being patient. We appreciate you and your hard work. God knows I couldn't do it. BUT I can't wait for the JB to happen.
    Thanks, Richard in Seattle

• crazy Man
    crazy Man Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

I think the reason for that is they are still looking into how to improve the antenna design but in the mean time people have a choice to either have a bumper or refund. Rumour has it that they are trying to insulate the inner part of the frame. We'll see what apple does.

• nrgy
    nrgy Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Yeah, me too..... But for the price, I will settle for the free iPhone one......

• Masterdrd
    Masterdrd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey guys do u remember xbox360 and RROD , apples attitude is much better than MS , iam a very old computer user since 1979 and to my experiance never ever buy bleeding edge tech just give it 6 months and try to get it 2nd hand or refurbished cos that whats its actually worth esp with apple

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

What if you bought a bumper case at an AT&T store? Do I still get refund

• Egohot
    Egohot Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i have a working JB, but will not give it out .. nah nah nah nah

• Cityphone
    Cityphone Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Steve Jobs and apple compared the Omnia 2 and the HTC Eris to the iphone4 issues. Those phone came out early 2009.
    I bet the HTC EVO, Blackberry's, HTC HD2. Droid.... Doesn't have this issue. Apple please compare with phone that are out there NOW.

• idroid
    idroid Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

oh guys cumon! we all know deep down this doesnt happen on all phones. and to be quite honest apple knew all these issues were there and yet want you to buy 'iphone 4s' which youll be able to hold without a case wow! the iphone 2g should of been the 3g then 3g been the 3gs then 3gs iphone 4 now iphone 4 s which should let you hold properly and mske video calls to any phone not just iphones. i meen video calling wow! weve had that sonce 2003 and to be honest 'facetime' should be called phone drop time as even tho i demoed it iphone 4- iphone 4 with wiff it dropped. now comon can any of you honestly say im wrong? the reason you are all after a jailbreak is cos right now the iphone 4 os **** and your hoping to be able to run better cydia apps than that which are already out (youve all forgotten that lots of apps dont properly even work on ios 4 or ios 4.0.1 which now sounds stupid) where as the android is fine it A has flash B is open source so no jailbreak needed C has video calls to any phone without needing wifi and D you can hold it however you want!! now can u say iphone is better lol plus the nec e 616v which is avout £15 here in the u k does all the 3gs will without the 'apple' brand enough said

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I think Apple stepped up to the plate and tried to resolve this situation best way possible while trying to please shareholders and customers. I'll wait however for the next iteration of the iPhone, as my 3GS works fine.

Now for a JB for the latest iPhone OS

• Cooper
    Cooper Posts: 144
    via Wordpress

Notice that Jobs said that there aren't enough Apple bumpers and that they would also offer third party bumpers which are presumably shitty. Instead of having to choose a subpar bumper and then wait weeks for it to arrive, I went to the Apple store today and bought a bumper and will get my refund next week. They're going to run out of the good ones as soon as people start to figure this out. The Apple store employees assured me that I am still good for the refund.

• Mchunu
    Mchunu Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

*Sigh* I feel even better now knowing that I get a 100% refund instead of getting charged a 10% restocking fee when I turn in my two iPhone 4's next week after my Evo arrives on Tuesday. I love the iPhone and all, was a loyal customer for three years, but I'm honestly not blown away by the new iPhone 4 like I expected to be. Apple should have changed the GUI, size of the phone or something. Make me feel like in getting something new instead of my same iPhone 3G that's just faster and has a front facing camera. I'm a techie and need new challenges/different scenery. For this reason I've decided to foray into the android experience until Apple does something extraordinary to peak my interest again as they did with the original iPhone. Right now the iPhone and it's not so great 100 changes in ios4 just seem old and boring.

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

once you go black, you never go back....

• wlchan3
    wlchan3 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

You say improve, I say fix.

If they are going to spend time and money to change a design of a phone within 1 month of it's release, I think that signifies that something is wrong and something needs fixing. No company is going to spend that much money and time to redesign (or make alterations) a phone that isn't broken (so apple claims) just to please it's customers.

If apple was really improving the design and not fixing it, they would wait until next year for the next iteration of the iphone to implement it.

What gets me is that he is not admitting to the fact that there is definitely a problem with the antenna design. I think if the rumor is true that they are indeed changing the design like adding insulate, then that should be a clear sign that they know they have a problem, but are not admitting it.

I wish they would just own up to the design flaw and hopefully when they do come out with new problem-free ones, they'll exchange the old ones. Other than that, I totally happy with my iphone.

• tomtom
    via Wordpress

Am I the only one who is angry about getting a bumper? I mean this isn't goin to fix my phone. It's just a brace to help me stand up straight. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a handicap phone deep inside. An j didn't not pay to buy a handicap phone. Also I ended my tmobile contract to get this phone. So even if I can get a refund for this phone, I will be without a plan and will have to sign up for some monthly plan, which is bs!