Installing iPhone hacks made easy with hands-on tutorial - MAC OS X Edition (Updated)

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageInstalling iPhone hacks made easy with hands-on tutorial - MAC OS X Edition (Updated)

Folks! I have some great news for you. Early last week, folks at Nullriver had released an iPhone hack called "Installer.app" to simplify application management on your iPhone. The problem with it was ironically the iPhone hack itself was only for the technically inclined. But this has been addressed with...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Christian
    Christian Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

Thank you God. I've ran just about every iphone hacking script out there this was by far the simplest. Nice work.

• Martin
    Martin Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

Is there any similar stuff working on windows as well?

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

Any work on any Mac OSX itunes cracks that will allow for syncro of music, photos, contacts, etc., on activated (w/o AT&T phone service) iphones?

• everyone
    everyone Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

"Bootstrap Failed, See Console Log"

thats the error message i get.

im running Mac OSX 10.4.5 with a 1.00 iPhone

• Erik
    Erik Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

how do i get roms onto the NES?

• Matt C
    Matt C Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I installed the launcher, then the NES app and the DOOM app. But when I launch DOOM it just cycles through the credits over and over and I can't actually play the game. The NES app just shows a preferences tab and nothing else.
    Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

• Brendan Gramer
    Brendan Gramer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If the iPhone gets brick'ed or I dont want the hack anymore, can I restore the iPhone to pre-hacked format?

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

I got an error message "Bootstrap Failed, See Console Log", but the icon is still on my iphone desktop, however when i select the icon to open the program, the iphone freezes and i have to reset. How do I get remove the icon and start over. I'm using os 10.4.10 and iphone firmware 1.0.2

• Jonathon
    Jonathon Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Worked like a charm...Didn't even have to hold the power and home button down. It was flawless, even more in love with my iphone then before. If that is even possible...

• denise
    denise Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I had exactly the same problem with the "Error bootstrap failed see Console log" message. I am running 10.4.10 and 1.0.2 on a G4 iMac. I emailed Nullriver, but have not heard back yet.

I hope someone knows the solution because I would really like to install AppTapp, but not if it means restoring the phone everytime I try.

• x
    x Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

Got the same error "Bootstrap failed..."

• John Miller
    John Miller Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

How should you go about uninstalling this?

• 3ien$t3in
    3ien$t3in Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Ok,
    This will answer many questions.
    PS: This is only for mac, sorry
    For the NES roms,
    What you need to do is install OpenSSH to ur phone through installer. And BSD Subsystem
    then you download cyberduck from here:
    http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/cyberduck.html
    then you connect ur iphone to wifi and u launch cyberduck and hit "OpenConnection"
    then you type in the following information:
    click FTP and select SFTP
    to find the iphones ip adress go to settings, wifi, and hit the blue arrow,
    username : root
    password : dottie
    port : 22
    hit connect, if anything pops up just hit yes or always.
    now, click on the drop bar and make sure that you are in the "/" directory,
    click on var
    click on root
    click on media
    make a new folder called NES
    make a new folder inside NES called ROMs

open safari or whatever your browser is and go to http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/Emulation/NES/ROMs/NES_roms_summary.htm
    download whatever rom u want and click and drag it to the ROMs folder you just created,
    hit disconnect on cyberduck and your free!

To answer your questions for DOOM:
    The doom port is native to the phone and works perfectly,
    it is right now perfectly useless because noone has designed a controller for it, but the controllers are in the works, dont worry about that!

If you got the Bootstrap error, it means that u have to make sure itunes is not running, and itunes helper is not running,
    to check go to finder on ur mac
    then go to applications
    then go to utilities,
    then click activity monitor and stop itunes and itunes helper.
    then connect ur iphone and run apptapp and see if it works!

and thats it, i will constantly be checking to answer any more questions,
    im glad to help!
    yours truly,
    3ien$t3in

• 3ien$t3in
    via Wordpress

by the way,
    the only way to uninstall this with the bootstrap error is to restore you phone, sorry,
    if u just want to uninstall it after it was properly installed, you can go on ur iphone
    open the app
    hit uninstall
    and it can uninstall itself from there

• denise
    denise Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Re:"Error bootstrap failed see Console log"

Thanks so much to 3ien$t3in. Using Activity Monitor to turn off iTunes Help solved my AppTapp installation problems. It worked perfectly.

You are kind to take the time to help those of us who aren't so knowledgeable.

• 3ien$t3in
    via Wordpress

no problem,
    anytime denise

• mauri
    mauri Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi, I got the same problem with "error bootstrap failed see console log", and tried to restore my iphone using i brickr...

But, Teminal software of pxl file doesn't work on ibrickr. How can I restore my iphone before unlocking it.

Mauri

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

I need to downlosd the flash player how can i do that

• Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

hi.. i have an unlocked iphone ver 1.02,, can i still use this to install third party apps? and also my youtube doesn't work.. whats the best way to fix it?
    hope someone helps.. :)

(sometimes when i go to youtube.com and try to view videos.. it says turn on javascript or install flash? or wts the best way?)

• jugg
    jugg Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

wt's the difference between the update of 1.1.1 and 1.02?? which is better? why?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Jugg,

Read these article on firmware 1.1.1:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/09/iphone-firmware.html
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/09/hacked-iphone.html

The first article has the list of features and the issues associated with it if you have either hacked or unlocked your iPhone.

The second one is the difference between hacked iPhone which is a possibility with firmware 1.0.2 and iPhone 1.1.1.

So these articles should help you figure out the difference and which one is better.

cheers!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Shawn,

If you have an iPhone with firmware 1.0.2 then you will be able to install third-party apps or hacks.

I haven't yet seen a solution to the YouTube issue that some owners who had unlocked their iPhone had faced similar to the one you are reporting.

However, read this article on Veveo's vTap
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/09/iphone-vtap.html

which is an iPhone app that aggregates video from all over the web and converts into a format that can be seen on the iPhone and don't forget to let us know if it worked or not.

cheers!

• Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

hey.. thanks a lottttttt .. it actually worked! it's a miracle.. but in that we can only choose specific apps.. we can't install apps of our choice??

one more thing.. what does the term 'jailbroken' mean??
    (im a newb at this stuff.. sry)

• Caesar
    Caesar Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

This worked!

erm,, I thought I could now run my iPhone with any international SIM?

Am I missing something? Is there a second step?

• silverapple
    silverapple Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I thought to add to the post by 3ien$t3in on September 23, 2007 on bootstrap error as I accidentally found a way to undo without the need to restore the iphone by using independence.

Restart computer, restart iphone - itunes off, start INdependence - and reboot iphone. It will momentarily show the iphone screen saver - at that point, plug out the iphone connection to computer. Restart computer and itunes will not ask for restore again.

• steve perkins
    steve perkins Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

yeah so i read through all of the comments and im having the same "bootstrap error" problem and i closed itunes and itunes helper and im still recieving the same message..can someone help me.?

• yeimy
    yeimy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hello hey how can i downlond game to my iphone but my iphone is unlook is t-mobile???????

• nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress

Hello,
    The AppTapp Says:
    Copying Files

This will take 2-3 minutes, please be patient...

But has been on this for like an hour.
    Any idea's anyone?

Thanks,
    Nick

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

i need help for my iphone, what to download and what to do to have those nice applications i've read esp. sending a message to many. pls pls pls help me asap. thanks. :-)

• eury
    eury Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

that about 1.1.3 is work: