Apple Holding Special iPhone 4 Press Conference On Friday

2»

Comments

• Albert
    Albert Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

And this is what thousands of people camped out for in front of the Apple stores for a week! My gosh, you could have earned a weeks' pay instead of having headaches over a malfunctioning piece of medal. Patience is a virtue!

• Triver
    Triver Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
  • Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress
  • iPhoneDev
    iPhoneDev Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Out of the 1.7 million phones, how many actually have this reception problem? I don't have the problem, and nobody else that I personally know among the general public and developers actually have witnessed a problem. Perhaps it was a component problem in a production run or QC issue? Something as simple as a bad solder tab can cause issues like what has been reported. I find it hard to believe that a "design problem" exists when hundreds of thousands of people do not have any issues.

• Grammar Nazi
    Grammar Nazi Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Wow, I didn't know iPhone 4's where medals! I think you mean metal...

• moronFighter
    moronFighter Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

omg. so f'n funny. maybe the best comment i've ever seen. time to start a wtf geohot OT conversation?

• moronFighter
    moronFighter Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

sorry...i said geohot...i meant crybaby...but thanks for all the hard work nonetheless...just a sorry ass way to step out of the scene...

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

Can't wait what Jobs have to say. Maybe a complete new re-design? I'm sure it will be but who knows. I'm really hoping for a re-design iphone 4.

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

No chance. He will deny there is s major issue, show you how to hold the phone, patronise everybody some more, whilst all present lap up everything he says and claps like demented lap dogs and he then leaves smilin that smug cheesy grin of his.

• Looneyhouston
    Looneyhouston Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

I say he will offer free bumpers and maybe $30 in the AppStore?

• Toshiba Phones
    Toshiba Phones Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Apple, Apple iPhone 4? why to pay so much money for the phone that has problem with the antena!

• DET
    DET Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

I think even the noble gesture of a bumper still wouldn't be enough to fully solve the issue. The bumper is a band aid, the phone is still defective. Best PR thing for Apple to do to keep brand loyalty is to repair the hardware issue with a recall and a new phone. They make a ton of money it sucks but it's not the end of the world.

• akri
    akri Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

I'm so disappointed w/the iphone and the battery and the new one w/all the issues. I have a 3gs and it hasn't been a yr yet and the battery is sucking big time..I used to love apple..now i just like them..i have a mac and ipad which i love..but i dont think my next phone w/be from apple..also the way they have or not in this case, responded to customers' complaints and taking down the discussion forums?? they say they care about us the consumers who made them what they are today..yet their actions as of late dont say that at all..i think their success has gotten to their heads and not in a good way..hope friday they give us good news.

• blackmagik_01@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

Wifi has nothing to do with the death grip. You don't even need a signal to us Wifi.

• marp
    marp Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

iPhone 5 preview... ;-)

• majorpdd
    majorpdd Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

iPhone 3G
    I made the mistake of trying 4.0, and noticed that all of a sudden I lost lots of 3G connection where I would normally get it, my signal dropping to searching now and again. Trying all the little extra functions in IOS4, my phone just got slower and slower.... Restarting!!! I don't think so, never have had to before so why now cos of ios 4.0. So I down graded back to 3.1.2, but my baseband was still 05.13.04, still dropping and hardly any 3G connection. Cant live like this, it sucks..... Fuzzyband and Makeitmine saved the day :) whoopie dooo to scoobie dooo.

Thanks developers for all hard work, I read and find what I need. Putting bits and pieces together, this I what I tried.

Just thought I would shares this just in case anyone needs it.

• majorpdd
    via Wordpress

I think it is both software and hardware, mu phone is much better on a lower baseband. I vote for a recall, even I for some reason am trying to sell the product and making excuses for apple. My friends all think the phone is of excellent quality, but have decided against it because of the signal loss. The media have had their wicked way with this, and unless Apple do something drastic, then I'm afraid they are fighting a loosing battle on this one. As I have shown above I am loyal to apple. I love their products.

• Brian Williams
    Brian Williams Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I know lots of people that have received and really enjoy their iphone 4. It's funny how one little issue (only for some) can lead to a mob mentality. Out of all the people I know with the iphone 4 there are no issues reported when I asked how they like it. Let's remember all of the other benifits of the iphone vs all of the brand x smart phones on the market. There is a reason that Apple is king in this area. Also I don't know anyone with an iphone or ipod touch who doesn't have a case on it, unless their crazy. It's not like you're putting an old bulky leather case on, it's very low profile. And actually keeps the iphone from touching either the face or the back when placed on a flat surface. This leads to a significantly less number of scratches, I really don't see the issue here. I depend on my iphone 4 for my sole communication needs (no home phone) and I wouldn't think twice about owning it. Maybe I'm just a little more sane than all of the respondents. Oh and whoever wants to order the EVO instead good luck with the fact that there is no mainstream support and at least a 100,000 less apps.

• majorpdd
    via Wordpress
  • Karl@nospam.com
    Karl@nospam.com Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Brian Williams :
    "one little issue"
    Are you kidding ... obviously you don't own an I4 !!
    Or reside constantly in an area with excellent conditions.

My i4 has caused me enough problems now and it's
    going back ! I'm Back to my trustworthy (and excellent) 3gs with os 3.1.2 !

I used to be a "fanboy" .... no more ! :-(

• Abdon
    Abdon Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I ordered mine last wednesday (on the 7th) from AT&T but they haven't even shipped it! Do you think it's because of that press conference?? I'm dying to have it here with me!!!

• Brian Williams
    via Wordpress

I do own an iphone 4 as stated in my post. I do live in an area with excellent cell phone coverage from AT&T. It sounds like most of the problems coming from people are related to poor AT&T coverage in their area to begin with. I have 3-5 bars in my house and have used it without the case plenty of times with no dropped calls or poor reception. Poor coverage in certain parts of the country is not the fault of Apple but are the fault of AT&T not expanding their infrastructure more. This problem is not only related to the iphone 4. If you have any cell phone and live in an area with limited reception you'll generally experience these issues when holding the phone ackwardly. I have gone places with limited reception before and had a lot of static and dropped calls. In my opinion this is just a fact of life and not necassarily a knock on one particular cell phone.

• akri
    akri Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Is this Brian Williams the reporter from NBC? If you are, I'm a big fan..:)

• Karl@nospam.com
    via Wordpress

Brian Williams:
    Correct i'm in an area with relatively poor reception.. BUT ....
    please explain to my why my 3gs and my old HTC TYTN2 works flawlessly both with voice and data and my i4 doesnt ????

This can't be an AT&T problem !!!!

IT IS A HARDWARE DESIGN PROBLEM ... PERIOD !

• Brian Williams
    via Wordpress

This will be my last post on the subject. I think enough has been said.

I would be unhappy if I were having issues with my iphone 4. All I mean to say is that I'm in the majority who aren't having any issues. Three million of the units have been shipped, and I would think that no more than 5-10% of these units shipped are actually experiencing issues. From what I've heard.

All you can do in these posts is relate your experiences. My experience thus far has been good with the iphone 4 that I received.

Apple will fix the problem or offer a solution. They generally always do, that's why they have such a great reputation. This fix may take a little time. No one from Apple is going to come knocking on user doors with a box full of replacement iphones.

My own personal opinion on the subect is that the iphone in general, from the iphone 2G until current, is that this phone has revolutionized what we expect from our phones. I think this one particular issue is being blown completely out of proportion by at least some people that seem to like to complain.

• Karl@nospam.com
    via Wordpress

Calling it defaitism / nagging when i go here to
    share my experiences with the most expensive phone i ever bought (which just doesnt work as phone) is something that triggers even more people to lash out att Apple and it's hardcore followers.

So i guess you and others with the same mindset are not really doing yourself and Apple (the same maybe) any good by posting these kinds of comments here.

• 3gsUser
    3gsUser Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

but are they "Holding it" the right way?

• Morey
    Morey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Help, I\'ve been informed and I can\'t boemce ignorant.