iPhone Tips & Tricks: iPhone's Recovery Mode, free space on your iPhone & more

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Tips & Tricks: iPhone's Recovery Mode, free space on your iPhone & more

Apple's iPhone is probably the most-hyped gadget ever created but it is not problem free. Hopefully you don't face this issue but if you know would like to know how to bail out of a situation where your iPhone is not restoring to resolve most of the documented errors on...

Read the full story here

Comments

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    Options

Installer hangs on "looking for iphone" it never gets to the yellow sign saying to hit the home & power keys...please see below...im on a PPC...

What firmware is your iPhone running?
    1) 1.0
    2) 1.0.1
    Enter 1 or 2: 2
    Using firmware 1.0.1

Fetching restore zip file from Apple...

** Resuming transfer from byte position 95627958
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 91.1M 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (33) HTTP server doesn't seem to support byte ranges. Cannot resume.
    Archive: iPhone1,1_1.0.1_1C25_Restore.ipsw.zip
    inflating: 009-7662-6.dmg
    inflating: kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb

* iPhone Installer Installer v0.1

* Using 009-7662-6.dmg as the Restore Image.
    * Using kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb as the Kernel Cache.

(privateFunctions) Architecture: powerpc
    0 Looking for iPhone...

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    Options

Installer hangs on "looking for iphone" it never gets to the yellow sign saying to hit the home & power keys...please see below...im on a PPC...

What firmware is your iPhone running?
    1) 1.0
    2) 1.0.1
    Enter 1 or 2: 2
    Using firmware 1.0.1

Fetching restore zip file from Apple...

** Resuming transfer from byte position 95627958
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 91.1M 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (33) HTTP server doesn't seem to support byte ranges. Cannot resume.
    Archive: iPhone1,1_1.0.1_1C25_Restore.ipsw.zip
    inflating: 009-7662-6.dmg
    inflating: kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb

* iPhone Installer Installer v0.1

* Using 009-7662-6.dmg as the Restore Image.
    * Using kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb as the Kernel Cache.

(privateFunctions) Architecture: powerpc
    0 Looking for iPhone...

• Gurv
    Gurv Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

hello,

I'm currently trying to downgrade my iPhone from 1.1.1 to 1.02 and iTunes will not let me. I keep getting error (1).
    and my iTunes restore image is the iPhone Wire plugged into and an image of iTunes.

• eddy FS
    eddy FS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Hello,

Im using the iphone version 1.0.2(1c28). Now i got a problems of opening the sms icons. It will be automatically go to the main page after i touch it. Now i cant read any messages/sms i received from my friends. it just shows the sms no of sms received but i could read it. How could i over come this problems??

• ramon
    ramon Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options

hello how to add music in my hack iphone without using itunes

• vladimir
    vladimir Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

I have unlock Iphone 1.1.1, in some way I lost 3,9GB of the space on my phone , can I use this Recovery Mode procedure with I tunes even is a jailbrack phone, also did will all contact will be cancel after this procedure? tks v

• Dhiren
    Dhiren Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Im using the iphone version 1.0.2(1c28). Now i got a problems of opening the sms icons. It will be automatically go to the main page after i touch it. Now i cant read any messages/sms i received from my friends. it just shows the sms no of sms received but i could read it. How could i over come this problems??

• joe frater
    joe frater Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

i cant get my fone out of recovery mode it wont recover with i tunes can someone help me?

• Ravi
    Ravi Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options

Im using the iphone version 1.0.2(1c28). Now i got a problems of opening the sms icons. It will be automatically go to the main page after i touch it. Now i cant read any messages/sms i received from my friends. it just shows the sms no of sms received but i could read it. How could i over come this problems?? Please help me

• Intab
    Intab Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options

Hi, i dropped my iphone in the snow as i was working the other day. I tryed your restoring idea on my computer but it didn't work. My iphone now just shows an apple in the middle and at the bottom a tiny wheel that keep cgoing around. Do you have any idea on how to fix it?

• Fernando
    Fernando Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options

hello. After I updated installer 3.1 on my iphone (1.0.2), unable to start installer. It freezes up an after a while returns to homepage. Please help

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
    Options

It happens the same thin to me , the installer restarts to the menu and does not do anything.please any solution help

• ar_en
    ar_en Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

I accidentally install the ANY SIM application then it updates the firmware but i quite it right away. But it didn't work anymore everytime i turn it on shows APPLE icon w/ a wheel. The apple icon shows for about 3mins then it restart then go through the apple icon. It is just going to a loop. How should i fix it?? Help please

• Ankur
    Ankur Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options

has anyone used th islsk app? its a p2p software for i phone much like limewire.
    i did but also wat i accidently did was deleted the downloads folder in var/mobile/media now anything i download gets lost never to be found.....
    i created it again via browser but didnt work.wat can i do to download stuff again pls somebody help..

• arvind bang
    arvind bang Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options

my iphone is showing on recovery mode in itunes. when i restore it to 1.1.4 version thru itunes it is showing error 20. also on my phone a display of penguin and iphonelinux.org is dispalyed. please let me know what to do

• RAAZ
    RAAZ Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

i uploaded a new version of itunes when i connected it to myy iphone, nothn happens it shows a usb and the itunes logo,it only allows me 2 make emergincy calls can you help me restore me phone

• babyboy
    babyboy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

hi im currenlty in south africa with no at&t sim and my iphone is stuck in recovery mode and when i hit restore it keeps aying i need a recognisable sim and i dont have one besides the local one please help

• Not Lucky
    Not Lucky Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

I have an unlocked iphone 2G , I accidentally updated the iphone and now its locked I don’t have any backup for my phone, I’m trying to restore a hacked version but it didn’t work, if I connected to itunes it gives me the NAME: iphone – Capacity: n/a – Software Version: n/a – Serial Number: 7Rxxxxxxx, please can someone help me solving my problem, please please please

• D
    D Posts: 50
    via Wordpress
    Options

1.1.4 can't receive sms from an 2.2 (problem)
    1.1.4 had no problem with send sms to 2.2
    can you help me?

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options

HI,
    I Recently unlocked my fone using winpwn, the fone works fine now with firmware 2.0.2, but for some reason i am not able to find BSD Subsytem in Cydia, or in Installer.

How do i get BSD Subsystem Now,… I know that it is very important… i really dont want to restore the fone again and unlock it

can some one help me Please.

• Ron98
    Ron98 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Im trying to Restore my iphone. Presently, it is showing on the screen a USB cable connection and the itunes icon. I tried to follow the precedures listed below: Disconnect your iPhone from your Mac or Windows computer.
    Press and hold the sleep/wake and home buttons simultaneously for about 20-30 seconds, until you see a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the middle accompanied by the text "Please Connect to iTunes."
    Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes if it does not automatically launch.
    You should see the below image

After this you can restore your iPhone by clicking the Restore button under the Summary tab. Hopefully you don't have to use this iPhone tip, but in case you get in this situation, you now know to get out of it.

But is it not working. I cannot see the Logo memtioned. However, when I lanch itunes,,,It is asking me to Activate the phone with AT&T. Why cant I do the Restore. Where is the Summmary menu?

• ANkit Koshiya
    ANkit Koshiya Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Hi, I have i phone 2g, and the problem is when i connect to the itunes the messege displayed on screen of my pc in itunes is the itune must be connected to the uinternet, my iphyone is not getting connected directly to the itunes although being in recovery mode, please help me out to solve this problem.z

• Mark M.
    Mark M. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

You are an absolute life-saver.

Thanks for the tips!

• astalavista
    astalavista Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

i have an iphone 3g with 2.2.1 and baseband was 2.28 when it came from the factory, by mistake i updated the baseband to 2.30, so is it possible if i restore the phone baseband will change to 2.28 again. please help how can i unlock the phone.!!!! many thanks

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Options

Its currently not possible to downgrade the baseband from 02.30.03 to

• Mazz
    Mazz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

This total off topic i would just like to say that i found out if you have firmware 2.2.1 or later to get into the recovery mode your computer has to actually be connected to your Iphone otherwise it wont work.

Just thought I would spare ppl some trouble of finding out the hard way as i did
    thx

• Kim
    Kim Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    Options

my iphone is still in recovery mode when i did all those steps&i get errors messagelike 1603 or 1611.how do i restore it or at least get out of recovery mode???

• vesh
    vesh Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options

i accidently updated the new version from itunes 3.1.3(7E18) with baseband 05.12.01 on my 3gs iphone and i try to restore it again from itunes because my iphone was unlock and i cannot use anymore. but now i have again another problem is that when i turn on my iphone i saw the usb connected with itunes. i dont know how to fix it please i need your help.

• vesh
    vesh Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options

i accidently updated the new version from itunes 3.1.3(7E18) with baseband 05.12.01 on my 3gs iphone and i try to restore it again from itunes because my iphone was lock and i cannot use anymore. but now i have again another problem is that when i turn on my iphone i saw the usb connected with itunes. i dont know how to fix it please i need your help.

• iphone developers
    via Wordpress
    Options

Thanks for this informative article. I am always looking for knowledge on particular subjects and it’s rarely far away on the internet. I’ll be returning soon.