How To Activate Your iPhone Without Official iPhone Carrier SIM

Options

Comments

• user0071@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress
    Options

Go to Ebay and buy a att sim card for .99 that will solve this problem and make your iphone as an expensive Ipod (at least) and wait to the nxt jailbreak

• Sil80_inthedrift
    Sil80_inthedrift Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Or you could just take an old Att sim card even if it doesn't have service and it will activate. Wow and it's free!!!

• garoti
    garoti Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    Options

AT$T sim card only work with iphone from US. AT&T Sim does not work with iphone 3GS from any other countries. What if you buy an iphone from US and it was ship from Germany. How do you activate your phone if you do not a sim come with the iphone? It works not even like an iPod. can't do anything guys.

• jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress
    Options

Jailbreak it with redsn0w.

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Options

i own a store in U.S.A. kansas city to be exact,and we sell these cards.they are 20 bucks. our email is
    kcphonestores@gmail.com or phone number is 913-432-3089 we can mail to you a phonebook sim card.

• skywalkeriom
    skywalkeriom Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options

Thanks to Sherif I have at last after a couple of months waiting managed to jailbreak AND unlock my iphone 3GS firmware 3.1.3 baseband 5.12.0 WITH NEW BOOTROM.

Used Spirit, downloaded latest sources from cydia, then ran UlrasnOw all done from wifi link.
    Happy days !!

• skywalkeriom
    skywalkeriom Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options

Forgot to mention phonebook simm I purchased from Fonefunshop sales@fonefunshop.co.uk for less than a fiver.

regards skywalkeriom

• garoti
    garoti Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    Options

ok, throw away or cut your at&t sim card metal part first then restore your iphone to firmware maybe 3.1.3 (stock firmware), then show me how do you jaillbreak your iphone 3gs. don't tell me you borrow your at&t sim from a friend later that's lucky enough your iphone from US.

What if you don't know where it is from and you do not have an original sim come with that iphone.

• DJ MD
    DJ MD Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

My iPhone 3GS is stuck in emergency call/itunes logo with cable. And.. I don't have official sim for it... I'm from Philippines. I bought my iPhone a year ago when It it was still not officially released here.. I tried updating it and this happened.. :( I think it's in 3.1.3, 05.12.01 now.. Can this be solved?... Thanks...

• Rah
    Rah Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options

Radioshack doesn't carry them. Their site doesn't even list any.

• S
    S Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    Options

Can you confirm this? I've an old one lying around and I just don't dare to use it cause I don't have a spare phone.

• Cramer
    Cramer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

i have an 3Gs and have AT&T but i didnt pay my bill. so i no longer have service but i still have the SIM card. what do i do to jailbreak it then...

• Wahagen van der Kruis
    via Wordpress
    Options

Guys i Need help ,,, i want to instal os 4 in my 3gs ,,,,
    how can i jailbreak it ??? :S

• King Dong
    King Dong Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options

Wahagen van der Kruis visit jailbreakme.com on your iphone and all will be done for you.

• Christiaan
    Christiaan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

JC Lopez, thats a very great tip, thanks for that! I will buy that sim card too, those shops are pritty close. No shipping costs and 30 days shipping time, just cheap and fast :)

• blainegeneral
    blainegeneral Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Thanks for the tip! FYI I talked to several stores in my area US-MN and it sounds like they are closing them out. I currently have mine on hold.

• win
    win Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

I already tried with phonebook sim card and at&t prepaid sim card. Neither phonebook nor at&t work on my iphone 4. Why? Is there another way to do it? Help me now I'm stuck in the emergency call.

• esra
    esra Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options

hi,i have a problem i have iphone 3gs and it was unlocked and jailbroken put i updated wd 4os from ituns so it locked it and i can't work wd i tried to downgrade it to 3.1 os and restore but still i get the message slide for emergency ...they tolled me if i get any sim card from o2 it should work i dunno if that z true or not

• Mel
    Mel Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options

Same here. Just bought the phonebook card after watching the video and it doesn't work. Stuck in the emergency call!!!

• iphone4User
    iphone4User Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options

Guys! You don't need this phone book sim card they are talking about. Just use the blank card that comes with Iphone 4. I plugged and unplugged my new Iphone into USB port twice and was able to activate the phone with no problems using ITunes.

• William
    William Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Options

Hi! I bought a phone book sim card from Dits and tried to activate my iphone 3gs on Itunes and it didnt work. My phone stayed on the emergency call screen. Those phone book cards dont work. Can anyone give me a hand?

• sinner
    sinner Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

Can I used cdma card also to activate?

• ireena
    ireena Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

need help. my 3g stuck with baseband 5.14. i cant downgrade it to lower baseband, my phone just like Ipod,helpppp?

• Ericain
    Ericain Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options

phonebook sim card is avail in NY, also could buy online on ebay (www.ebay.co.uk), thus enter keyword: iphone 3G activation sim card,

then check results.

Good luck

• XxG13xX
    XxG13xX Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

How do i do it i need it please.

• Texasdlr
    Texasdlr Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

My iTunes wants me to add another iPhone to my acct!!! Help!!!

• Amir
    Amir Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i had the same situation tht i stuck at activation stag, i tried go sim from att nothing works untill i tried the activ contract sim from att of my frnd it will activat it but u will hav to get data packag of 20$ coz its mandatory only after tht u can activat it it will also verify his social n zipcode too...
  • remi
    remi Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options
    How are you suppose to access Cydia from your iphone when the iphone hasn’t been activated yet and his blocked on the ‘login to Itune’ or Wrong Sim card inserted…?Thanks
  • WhatWhat
    WhatWhat Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    After I dropped my phone in a glass of water, I had to take it apart with one of those little screwdrivers for glasses. It wasn't perfect but I managed to get it back in order.Naturally, I bought one of those little screwdriver and suction cup sets and nabbed my friend's old ATT LG Phone. He still had an old Cingular SIM- they fit the same.Now.. What do I do to get my dark screen back to normal? I can't seem to figure out what happened this time. (Yes, I did it again.)
  • palindrome
    palindrome Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can i buy an iphone with at&t contract and use it with some other company sim card because it is cheaper and i live in india..