RIM, Nokia, HTC And Motorola Respond To Apple's Claim That Every Smartphone Has A Weak Spot

2»

Comments

• --9--
    --9-- Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I’ve been working as an RF Engineer for 5+ years. I test cell phones of all types, no matter how their antenna is designed. I’ve seen them all. I’ve been using different techniques as we are told to. I’m glad someone brought up this issue, because it really is an issue for smartphones, NOT only IPhone, but many others. Data packets from one cell site to another using a tiny phone is another problem, this is an issue with cell sites and not mainly the fault of the antenna. We shall see in about a year.

• Uma Dale
    Uma Dale Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Such an a$$h0l3. Bought a 3gs, but will never ever buy any Apple **** from this arrogant company.

Dale

• nobber
    nobber Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

Eh eh don't be so cutting. He's a business man, and a human.

• Tolga
    Tolga Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

You're so right my friend, I'm going to switch to HTC Evo 4G. I also have the iPhone 3Gs and the 3G. I will never ever buy the shitty product of Apple again. Steve Job, you can suck my ass! Egoist, blame on the other's...

• ?
    ? Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

Well said? Either this is the same guy reposting because he realized he couldn't even understand what he wrote or they must be related. I've read the post couple times and I still have trouble understanding what he wrote.

• nobber
    via Wordpress

Well said, he's fucking rude. Lmao@Orbit :)

• nobber
    via Wordpress

Well said, he's fucking rude. Lmao@Orbit :)

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

Well said JimJam, I currently own a 3GS & I don't plan to get Iphone 4 because it is a waste of money to buy faulty product.

• Karlos
    Karlos Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
  • Deepu
    Deepu Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Apple did a wrong thing by pulling other mobile companies into this issue.. It would hav been better if steve jobs had accepted the antenna fault and had stopped shipping iphones on a temporary basis, redesign them by adding some extra coat on the antenna so tht the signal wont go down even if we touch the black line... and replace all iphone 4s with the new coated one... so the problem would hav been solved... Instead he is offering a bumper for the faulty phone. YES FAULTY phone..... i cal it faulty bcos it has got a problem, ...
    Stood 4hrs in the queue and got a faluty one...
    Im a big fan of apple.... got all iphones, and of all iPhone 4 is the best (forget the antenna issue)...
    iPhone 4 - It changed everything....

• yo
    yo Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

o come on people if u dont like the phone bring it back they'll give u ur money back my iphone 4 works great

• yo
    yo Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

do it **** and stop crying like a pussy no body its stoping u white trash

• Mario
    Mario Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

One thing I notice is that there is a problem with the antenna but only in low coverage areas. When I was in very good coverage holding the death grip did nothing to my signal I even made a call.. Try it out.. All in all I love this phone and I have a case for my double glassed phone anwayz so really not a big dea.

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

Your a complete moron!

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

And you must be black trash with a name like "yo".

• Tolga
    Tolga Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Lol @ yo

He is indeed a black trash my friend, and gues what, he came out of Steve job's black hole, no wonder he hates us. Stinky black trash.

• Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress

Toyota didn't and hasn't figured out the issue yet. they enlisted the help of the US government, NSA and MIT, to date I haven't read anything of any conclusive findings. We own a car affected by the accellator recall so we are watchful of the resolution.
    Toyota didn't drag any one else but other companies are also watching as they have similar systems in their products

• Salvadorean
    Salvadorean Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

STOP FIGHTING MAN!
    THIS IS NOT IRAQI WEBSITE...

• Salvadorean
    via Wordpress

YEAH DUDE, HE OUGHT TO ADMIT HE SCREWD UP THIS TIME, IPHONE 4 GOT F--KED UP ANTENNA
    :P

• Salvadorean
    via Wordpress

A TOTAL DISASTER WITH THIS COMMENTS...

• Love free rubber
    Love free rubber Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

this thing can b a blessing in disguise, u see if we want to avoid certain call, we juz do a death grip n then blame it on the phone=) if not we juz put on the free rubber=p smart move by S.J

• Love free rubber
    Love free rubber Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

just to add on, who doesn't buy a cover to protect their Iphone? they r trying to educate us to take care of our iphone. if u do not want to protect ur iphone u might as well not make a call. smart move again S.J

• Torque
    Torque Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have reception, Proximity sensor and heating issues with my iphone 4.
    I called tech support for help and he offered me replacement phone to be picked up at store. But store GENIUS guy says he cannot give a replacement as his Iphone diagnotic report looks okay.

He asked me to re-create all the issues right there which i couldn't.

My issues:

1. reception issue.
    2. Proximity sensor - When i am in a call, Iphone screen touches my face and puts caller on hold, mutes, goes to contacts, etc..

genius guy says- Proximity sensor is sensitive to light and i have to keep the surroundings dark.
    It seems like i have to turn off the lights before i make a call ;). He kept proving proximity sensor works great by putting a finger over the sensor. ( i kept asking him hold it to ear)

3. Heating- If you have apps (ex: Trapster) running in the background, it overheats and discharges the battery really quick.

genius's response - You have to get a Overheating message on the iphone to prove this.
    My response - I cannot because before it reaches the overheat temperature, battery dies (goes to 0%).

Finally, I am sick of this Crappy phone. I am returning it.

Anybody else who had similar issues??

--
    Torque 9p

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

Did anyone else notice that his rant is one long sentence, with no punctuation at the end as well? I am all for apple products and have thankfully been unaffected by the death grip reception flaw. I do however have the wonderful proximity sensor issue and just put most calls on speaker to deal with it.

It was pretty lame to see Jobs "blast" the other leading companies, many of which have been doing phones much longer than Apple has. Yes, most phones do in some degree have reception issues but an issue caused by a design flaw should just be admitted. I know many people have said this, but just because maybe if Apple sees it enough on the internet:

If Jobs had just admitted there was a flaw and they will fix it via bumpers now and a better design for iphone 5.0, I would have been fine and happy. Hell, make a coating that people with phones made in that "faulty" time frame (Say production weeks 18-25) can pickup or had applied in store and I'm sure most of us would be happy.

But coping out by saying everyone else does this too just comes across as lazy and insincere.

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

not really. the companies dragged themselves in when they started making ads and such about iphone's issue, claiming their phones wont drop bars when held a certain way, or any way. apple is just responding to those ads and comments.