Apple iPhone 4 Vs. Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) - Which One is Better?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple iPhone 4 Vs. Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) - Which One is Better?

AT&T has recently announced a handful of new Android handsets and among them, Samsung Captivate; also known as Samsung Galaxy S on carriers like Sprint and Verizon, has been receiving a lot of rave reviews. So how does this Android 2.1 device compare with Apple's iPhone 4? We will take...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Roderick
    Roderick Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

The Jailbroken Iphone 4! Can't wait!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Yeah, thanks for pointing it out as we had covered it as well, updated the post.

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress

Iphone still! The only thing I like about android phones are the widgets!! but I'd stay with my iphone.. :)

• V
    V Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

Good job, android, of copying and trying to keep pace with iPhone. Too bad your OS / device fracturization will be your undoing.

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress

i had the old skool samsung i730...and the battery life wouldn't even last till lunchtime. lol. i could see the battery drain as it was checkign email for the first time in the day. only thing keeping me with att is the iphone....i can get a call failed while it's dialing out.

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

"iPhone...2?" (last phrase in paragraph: camera)
    Sorry iphonehacks. English ass here...

• Jayb
    Jayb Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

LMAO, Apples Win hands down due to the availability of LED flash. Wait i think many of Apple heads said they didnt need a flash. Now it makes a difference.

• i did
    i did Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

i've had ever iphone but the iphone 4. the last year i had an iphone is was not fun... i was hoping os4 was going to be this big break through... it wasnt... so i switch to the captive and android and couldnt be happier... i dont know if all the android haters have ever even tried it or tried it a long time ago... but its super fast and easy to get to everything i want... you can customize the hell out of it... also 2.2 is coming out soon then 3.0 later this year and it will be even faster... you can also root your phone to speed it up even more and get rid off all the att bloat wear...

i do agree it might be hard for people with macs alittle to sync but not that much... also the gpu on it is better than the iphone...

oh one thing apple has over it is high end games... android market is lacking in that area but other the end apps i had to pay for my iphone are cheaper or even free on android.

but a stock iphone vs a stock android captivate i'll pick my captivate... if you're iphone isnt jailbroke its not so great... i just got tired of jailing breaking my phone to get simple things like sbs toggles...

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

Thanks for pointing it out, fixed it.

• Strambo
    Strambo Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

the tech specs say 13hours/750hours standby for samsung and 6hours/300hours for iphone, in your last paragraph (below the video) you say iphone has better battery life...i know that this page is pro iphone but something is wrong here :-)

• Sonny
    Sonny Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

love iphone 3GS ang hate junk losing signal like hell iphone 4. I think 3GS is better and shitty iphone 4 is worse compare to galaxy S. just my 2 cents.

• i did
    via Wordpress

the samsung does ok in low light... but i have a nice digital camera... but it would be nice to have the led flash like the European version of the phone... it also has the FFC which i dont care about... i mean if im on a wifi connect and the person im talking to is on a wifi connect there is a pretty good chance we have our computers with web cams near by and we can gmail video chat or skype.

• i did
    via Wordpress

also the video of the captivate on here is not the phone i have... thats a test model and the final gui and over speed is different.

• Wave
    Wave Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

That's true. I wonder what would have been the iPhone 4 if there wasn't any competition. IMHO I think Apple doesn't move fast enough or make major leaps when it comes to software upgrades. To me the OS has lost its novelty. And it's getting pretty frustrating with the cat and mouse game of jailbreaking. I am used to a jailbroken iPhone and it's really hard going back to the regular OS. SBSettings is a major reason why I jailbreak. Wanted the Galaxy S but don't offer it with my Carrier so I went with the Wave and I am satisfied.

• sentano
    sentano Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

y does the screen and scrolling on the android looks like a 98% clone and ripoff from IOS? even the icons, except the page dots are at the top?

• i did
    via Wordpress

thats an att thing.. you can change it... its not the default way android scrolls through apps... also the apps are different area and arent on the main pages unless you make a short cut for them. the default apps is list form in alphabetical order... short cuts and be arranged however... i have icons mixed with widgets just like my notebook computer.

• bible camp
    bible camp Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

That's how i was. I hung on hoping Apple would wow me again, but it hasn't happened since 2.0. Then I made the switch. The thing that pushed me over the edge was going to android site like this one. I rarely saw people post comments about how they were made with android and how they wished it had something it didn't like I see here everyday. Instead it was people happy about the new thing android has added or after updating the improved speed of there phone. Seemed like every time I update my Iphone it just becomes slower and slower.

• bible camp
    via Wordpress

There icons. You could say they look just like my old windows 95 icons. It's basically just a desktop. Not many ways you can change that up.

• Brezzy
    Brezzy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Ppl talk about how the galaxy s is faster and bla bla bla .... :s but i am sur that with the quality of my iPhone last longer than all those Samsung galaxy and wat ever ,Samsung start to copy the touchscreen of iphones nor they still find a way to copy the S of iPhone 3gs i fill sorry for them :(

• asd
    asd Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Samsung epic 4G is the phone to compete with the iPhone 4. But with time will see how they both stack up.

• Amalio
    Amalio Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

At least if doesnt make a big F'in deal over features that come with $25 phones!!! They should have compared to the Samsung vibrant. It kicks the iphone 4's ass and I have both!!!Ragedy ass antenna!! Go to hell.

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

just wish the iphone would play my AVI files. hate having to convert to mp4 and the jailbreak programs kinda suck

• AV
    AV Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The only thing that is missing with iPhone 4 is the flash..... other than that way better than the Samsung Captive.

• Enok
    Enok Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Plus that Apple 'flash' is about as useful as holding a lighter in front of your iPhone to take a oh, pic and call it 'flash'

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

That Samsung comes with pre installed Haptic pro style feedback, and a neat text feature called 'swipe' (or similar)..oh and a font swap is pre installed.
    Pretty decent phone IMO.

• free
    free Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

And I believe that most people with macs also have access to PCs.

• ?
    ? Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

"Feel sorry for them"??? Then how do you feel about Apple who buys parts from Samsung for the iPhone? And did Apple patent the touchscreen and the letter "s"? There have been touchscreens before and I guess Apple copied the 4 from Evo 4G.

• bible camp
    via Wordpress

the vibrant is the same phone... its just the tmobile version

• bible camp
    via Wordpress

or you can do talk to type with the android keyboard pretty much anywhere you can write text.