BlackBerry Torch 9800: Is RIM's Best BlackBerry Ever An iPhone Killer?

2»

Comments

• beta@hotmail.com
    beta@hotmail.com Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

..This is the only logical response on this thread, its more than obvious they are both after very different markets, BB 6.0 (if anyone here has even used it to compare?) is definately the best for Rim thus far with only more improvements coming.

The webkit browser has a better multi-tasking interface than iphone4, and with pinch/touch multitouch and better homescreen drag/drop, screen up down and new gesture features the torch is a good dive into integration of business and multimedia, even the music player is smooth and seamless with music /album scanning.

Blackberry users dont have much need for games or apps that have 1-5minute engagement levels, so that being said the torch is kicking butt in its own market with huge improvements..

• beta@hotmail.com
    beta@hotmail.com Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Rim has more penetration in Canada and worldwide than iPhone and Android, but Android has the biggest growth in 2010 with over 900%

Also - many user comments are based on older versions of BB and comparing apples and oranges, to have a factual 'true' response one must have played with the new O.S. they got and keep an open mind..

That being said the new playbook murders the ipad in all aspects, Rim has some good stuff going for them.

• Hollieanbaby
    Hollieanbaby Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have an iPhone 3GS that I've had since its release, I hate it. I hate having to share an itunes account with my husband in order to keep from buying duplicate apps. We listen to completely different music and I've just never liked the itunes set up. If it were an individual phone, not requiring constant hook-up to the computer then I would say iPhones are top notch but I'm switching brands for the sole reason that I'm sick of updates slowing me down and not being able to delete a song directly from my phone...I just don't want the hassle anymore. Pondering my choices.

• SHAMAPFE
    SHAMAPFE Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Sadly, the iPhone loses the war when it comes to customer service, and in my book- it makes them the absolute worst choice!!30 dollars to have phone technical service after 30 days?! please tell me the likelihood of your phone needing technical support that soon after purchase?! and the fact that the techs in the store don't work on your phone in front of you, but rather take it to a back room behind large metal (looking) walls, only to return telling you that you may have set off a water sensor with as little as it being in a bathroom while the shower is running and then ultimately having to pay them another 200 for a new phone is INSANE! Your battery can never be replaced because you can't open your phone without voiding your warranty...and if you'd like any themes for your phone, forget it! That too will require you to jailbreak, which will also void any warranty you have! To me, it's all about loyalty to your customers, and when it comes to Apple, THEY JUST DON'T CARE! Don't waste your money!!
  • Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress
    the iphone will kill its self, apple never change their software, and if they do its just like a new theme, plus i go for style, not what the phone does, cos it will never be a laptop, like the ipad, doesn't support java, my mum cant even go on river island on that crap, the average joe thinks the iphones are the best, thats why they buy them, cos everyone says they can, if your all that smart, why upgrade fromn 3gs? softwares the same, plus everyone loves the iphone but still jailbreaks them and rips them off, apple dnt even develop the best apps, devs do, they made the iphone what it is, also i think every phone in the last 5 years has had proper bluetooth support where they can send mp3's etc, not the iphone, this is why i believe that all iphones, and everyone who owns one thinking its the best phone around, sucks, the only apple product i bought from apple was the ipad, which lasted a week before i sold it, cos after all, its no games console, or laptop, and its more expensive, and id rather buy the books instead of a piece of kit that expensive, i like to read but not that much, idiots
  • Dwyer Lavery
    Dwyer Lavery Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I've heard nothing but complaints from users about problems with the I Phone 4 which Apple don't seem too worried about fixing. But still you people refuse to see reality. If you are happy paying big money both on contract and sim free for nothing more than a mediocre phone that plays music then good for you. HTC, Nokia and Blackberry all have just as good handsets available for a lot less dosh. The sound quality of the Iphone/Ipod is reguarly beaten by Sony and Nokia and just about any other phone manufacturer has blown Apple's attempts at cameras miles away. If you Iphone lovers are happy enough to spend lottsa dosh on these rip off phones then ok, go for it but please don't compare it to every other smartphone on the market as they are all half the price so twice the value!
  • Harry Tomes
    Harry Tomes Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    The iPhone is ****. Way too common and over hyped. If you get an iPhone you obviously cannot afford one of Apples Desktops or Laptops. Everything on the iPhone has been made by other people and is now the most compromised phone ever made. I have the BB Torch and iPhone 4, i decided to see if Apple or RIM were more reliable. I broke the screen on both, the blackberry came back after around a week, the iphone came back after 2 weeks and counterfeit parts were used. Apple clearly do not care about their customers other they would not use counterfeit parts. Every since the creation of Devs, the iPhone has been a complete failure. There are copies of iphones that are better.I cannot understand why anybody would pay £500 for the iphone 4 rather than a BlackBerry Torch for £500. Get a job and buy an iMac, the iPhone doesnt entertain me at all, its boring, heavy, unreliable and complete touch screen is just boring.Touch and buttons all in one, thats what i call a phone.
  • Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
    The ipone may be better than the blackberry but one thing I noticed is a lot of single mums with loads of different colour kids have them along with lots of drop out losers.Maybe buming off the state is why they have them because they have enough time to use all the apps.Come on get a life you bunch of losers and make some money, then you wouldn't care if you were using brick.
  • terry
    terry Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    I AGREE WITH ALI.my thoughts are if you want a toy with games ect to brighten up your boring life then buy the iphone.If you are in Business by a blackberry.
  • Luckyq20002000
    Luckyq20002000 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    The infatuation with the commercial spectacle of the cell phone alienate the true essence and value of the telephone as its use value. The value of the items (whether is BB or iPhone)thus transform and become mere battles of marketability. In other words who has the most money to push their reality forward. The telephone is to communicate and to connect, not to disconnect our minds from the true essence of reality. Open your eyes
  • Luckyq20002000
    Luckyq20002000 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Dear ALi,You are very observant. It is clear that through your posting you seem to have an ongoing discrimination towards people of color as well as towards poverty. SO my question to you is, what does it mean to get a life? What kind of life? Finally, to assume that women who have multi-colored children ( I am assuming that white is not included in this depiction) take "advantage" of the state, is in itself a contradiction towards the idea of owning a phone. TO base your judgement through only one dimension of your reality, you exemplify the lack of evolutionary intellectual capacity to see multi-layered realities and dimensions of real life. It is you who are the agent of oppression, yet you seem confused about what true reality is. Since your comment is destructive, we can assert that you have many fears and insecurities that lay deep inside of what is truly poor like a bum, your intellect, your consciousness, and your humanity here on earth.
  • sony tablet hong kong
    via Wordpress
    whoah this blog is fantastic i like reading your posts. Stay up the great paintings! You understand, lots of individuals are hunting round for this info, you could help them greatly.