How To Jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 Using Redsn0w For iPhone 3G Users [Mac]

Comments

• spyvspyaeon
    spyvspyaeon Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

woooow wow, step by step worked so great, version 4.0.2 (8a400) modem firmware 05.13.04. woot I thank you very much!! Man u make my DAY! wow

• spyvspyaeon
    spyvspyaeon Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

oh damn, I don't get it. No clue why my youtube app (I assume that comes with Iphone SW is native) but everytime says that it is not possible to connect to youtube. I guess this is not an App issue but rather some changes they made on youtube no?

• raw1814
    raw1814 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

seems this doesnt work for 3gs it get freeze on rebooting

• damn bot
    damn bot Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

"Redsn0w does not work on iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4."

it is there my friend, just a matter of reading.

• idimmu
    idimmu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The Home button on my 3g doesn't work, is there any other way to get into DFU mode?

• Sashank
    Sashank Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My sleep/power button doesn't work. So I guess we'll need to find a way to get into DFU mode through an application. Any luck?

Does any one here have an idea on how to put an iPhone 3G running on 4.0.2 into DFU with an application?

• yasinay
    yasinay Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

you must download recboot

• slow
    slow Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What did you do to fix it?

• Asdf
    Asdf Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

same problem with him. please admin reply this mssg

• Wags
    Wags Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

doesnt work on mac

• bad jailbrake
    bad jailbrake Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Hey, been trying this for the longest and is not working...I am on mac and everything is updated, i followed everything correctly, and at the end i dont get the picture where it says that is doing the jailbrake (after step 13, it never reboots) so i have to do the whole restore thing and try again, but no luck...is it working for mac? NEED HELPPPPPPP...

• Li
    Li Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

After Jailbreak and unlock, can I connect the iPhone to iTunes so it can be synced? Should it be set up "as new iPhone" or can it be "restored from backup"? Will it lock again?

• bad jailbrake
    via Wordpress

So yesterday someone answered my question and said something abiut going into Settings, General and something else...I saw it on my cellphone so i couldny do it right away, but now the reply is gone..what happened to it? anyone have had any luck using the mac version?

• bad jailbrake
    via Wordpress

never mind about the "deleted post" but i still cant, and a lot of people, WINDOWS and MAC, jailbrake my Iphone cause step 13 IS NOT WORKING...IPHONEHACKS we need answers...

• Li
    Li Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

It worked on mine. and it's MAC. Maybe this video helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGzJA8k00jM

I had to do Step 13 a couple of times, but not because it didn't work, but because I was stupid and did not read the whole instructions!! (hold down power, then don't let go power and hold "home", let go power and keep holding home)

• bad jailbrake
    via Wordpress

that video is for PC not mac...I am doing the step like it should be, trust me on that, been doing for the longest and it doesnt work for me and A LOT OF PEOPLE... thanks for your reply man, but still, will like to hear from a IPHONEHACKS person to address this issue...thanks in advance.

• Carpavor
    Carpavor Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Let me tell you that it worked JUST FINE, step 13 is kind of difficult but at the third time it keep running.

Thank you folks, and kind regards fron Ecuador.

• Qe90
    Qe90 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

If u select the iOS 4.0 firmware file (iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw) and it's gonna jailbreal for 4.0.1 not for 4.0.2,isn't it?

• Surprised
    Surprised Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Can this be done on a refurb bought from ATT online?

• Surprised
    Surprised Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

The Process for JB worked great! [iPhone3G 4.0.2 base band 5.13.04]
    However, I also attempted to unlock with ultrasn0w... it shows ok in cydia, but I cant tell if its unlocked. How can I tell?

• Carpavor
    Carpavor Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

You just have to insert another carrier SIM Card and wait to see if it works.

I'm pretty sure it'll work

• Honolulu
    Honolulu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I followed the directions and I can confirm that everything works exactly as described for my iPhone 3G.

Confirmed with foreign, (non USA) SIM, Aug 27, 2010.

Thanks!!!

• paul beswick
    paul beswick Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

went without an hitch,glad to be back ,jailbroken,as I somehow lost cydia

• Gareth
    Gareth Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

For those who unlocked your iPhone 3G, does your phone feel lag? My friend told me his was quite slow after jailbreaking.

• kk
    kk Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Wow! great tutorial. I'm in Ghana and I've been trying to jailbreak my iphone 3g on windows since yesterday. I switched to my mac and boom! Done. But he didn't add how to unlock the carrier. If you don't do this you might get a no service. Do this if u still get no service after jailbreak:
    1. Start Cydia on your iPhone 3G /3GS and go to “add sources”.
    2. Now type the following repo in the URL field : http://repo666.ultraSn0w.com.
    3. Now search for ultrasn0w 0.93 using Cydia search bar. Once located, install by tapping the button on the top left corner of the display.
    4. Let the installation complete and finally you will have an unlocked iPhone 3G / 3GS running jailbroken iOS 4.

• lombardo00@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

redsnow does not recognise a valid IPSW file, have done the extraction using win 7. Tried several all the same result. Any help on this.

• tonygoble32@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

My phone was so slow after I jail-broke it, I ended up restoring the 4.02 os, it runs so much faster now. Of course I don't have access to all the cool features of a J.B. phone... = [

• technics1200
    technics1200 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

OK so is redsn0w compatible w/ older Macs? I have a G4 Mac and the redsn0w icon has a red line through it when I download it. I have a PC I can use would that cause a problem since I use itunes on a mac for my phone. What are the system requirements for redsn0w to run on your computer?

• cora
    cora Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

can somebody pls help me? i followed everything told in the instruction, no error msg came, redsnOw went very smooth, but i still cant jailbreak my iPhone 3G, it stays at iOS 4.0.2
    so anyone knw what the problem is? feel so hopeless now :( thx!!

• Robert Cooper
    Robert Cooper Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

OK so I was able to use redsn0w I didn't use the above directions. I used a method whereas you install redsn0w, the two above listed firmware packages, and I placed them in a folder marked pwnage. I then opened redsn0w and from redsn0w I opened the 4.0 firmware. Redsn0w recognized the firmware. From there you connect your iphone (make sure that it is powered off). From there redsn0w will tell you to hold down the power button (for so amny seconds). Then it tells you to hold down both the power and home screen buttons for the same time. Then it tells you to let go off the power button and hold the home screen button for so many seconds (it even counts down the seconds for you)this method is called entering the phone into DFU mode (you can look up youtube videos explaining this). From there you will see the "jailbreaking" process as it finishes up on your phones screen. I didn't use itunes at all and I am up and running and jailbroken!!! Did this via my pc on my Mac formatted iphone...