Cydia Acquires Rock Your Phone To Create An Even Larger Jailbreak App Store

2»

Comments

• It crowd
    It crowd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I used only Cydia so far. Never had any problem with it. Yes it can take little time refreshing etc. But it has never bothered me. I go to Cydia when I want to install something or look for updates, which is not happening every day. And I would never do something else during installation of app as I prefer to have it done safely. To summarize I'm happy with Cydia and gratefull to everybody contributing to jailbreak comunity.

• JoeScott
    JoeScott Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Lock-N-Load, I completely agree. Each time I get a new iDevice, the first thing I do is download Rock from Cydia, and then hide Cydia deep in the phone somewhere. From there I can log into my Rock account and have my apps reinstalled without any problems. I hope Cydia realizes this when the transfer is complete. Cydia is a great app to get apps, but it's slow to load updates, you are stuck doing one at a time, like the Apple store, and you can't really do as much with it as you can with Rock. I will be very sad once Rock is gone. I'm going to miss that icon on my devices.

• shinken1
    shinken1 Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Rock was.....okay.
    What made me stay away from Rock was the fact that after changing my root password ( before installing Rock ), I would a pop-up from Rock that I needed to change my password. Seemed like a phishing scheme.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

errors while updating apps in cydia constantly remind me of how excellent rock was

• Riff
    Riff Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

That's right you hit it on the head hope cydia implements those features who cares what it looks like but having to restart after most apps instead of upon close like rock and the back ups also I always used pkgbackup with sb organizer but they failed me on 4.0 4.0.1 and 4.1 great on 3.1 3.1.2 3.1.3 but no problem at all with the rock back up feature realy hope they bring these two features to cydia. By the way iphone 3Gs on 4.1 thank you rock and cydia

• Riff
    Riff Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

You have to downgrade to 3.1.2 and JB with blackra1n then use snowbreeze make sure newest 2.0.2 and don't use custom features just use simple mode and if on AT&T don't select activate. Ps I have 3GS and I tried about 5 times with custom features and had errors everytime as soon as I went simple no problem at all. Thanks sn0wbreeze

• auguestalan
    auguestalan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Just installed cydia on my Apad 1 running on IOS 5.01, but can some experts here guide me how to install ****? When I go in to manage a/c, how to go about sign in on google /ac or Fb a/c, I can't figure out how to create or link to Rock ID?? Please advise with many thanks/