Breaking News: iOS 4.1 For iPhone And iPod Touch Released

Comments

• Lrs
    Lrs Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

did u try ruing tss server in tinyumbrella while trying to downgrading leave it running the whole time

• ios
    ios Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

what is Jailbreak Using New Bootrom Based Exploit ??

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

YES AN IMOVIE UPDATE!!!

• Anshul
    Anshul Posts: 88
    via Wordpress

4.1 update includes firmware update also ??

• Hmmm i see
    Hmmm i see Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

any chance this game center thing will detect cracked apps(games)?
    openfient can so it would make sense for apple to implement the same detection system into game center.

• g rod
    g rod Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

what a bunch of bullshit. f apple. urrgghh.
    PROX SENSOR STILL ACTS UP ALL THE TIME. ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE. NO FIX.

MY PHONE IS USELESS TO MAKE CALLS.

• naveed
    naveed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Using New Bootrom Based Exploit Confirmed !

The iPhone hacker (pod2g of Chronic Dev Team) who previously found the 24kpwn exploit has successfully managed to find another bootrom based exploit which can jailbreak all iOS based devices on the latest iOS 4.1 firmware. What this means is that the next jailbreak most probably is going to be based on bootrom exploit which unlike JailbreakMe will enable users to change boot and recovery mode logos among many other things.

Members of both iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team confirmed this on Twitter:

cpich3g: congrats to @pod2g for the latest exploit and also @p0sixninja who have been trying for months.

pod2g: iPhone 4G iBSS 4.0.1: iv=91f94e5d726a2d2f2c7ffad58d4f3b77 key=d05c3c40db40e738926f811b8b1314038d26096c4102461698a49098c47a3fe6

MuscleNerd: Crazy timing that @pod2g got latest exploit just as 4.1 went public (lots of work left…keep away from 4.1 for now!)

Also, the best thing about a low-level bootrom exploit is that Apple wont be able to patch it simply by releasing a new firmware update. Instead, it will require Apple to release a revised hardware version of iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad and the iPod touches with new bootroms in order to patch the bootrom exploit. This is the reason why iOS devices (like iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch 3G / 4G) which shipped after November 2009 are currently not jailbreakable via PwnageTool because it uses the 24kpwn bootrom exploit, already patched by Apple.

• g rod
    g rod Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

awesome. a bootrom exploit. how about an exploit that makes my phone usable with a prox sensor fix. that'd be kinda handy.

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Anyone having issues sending SMS since updating to 4.1 on a iPhone 4??
    My send bar takes ages, and sometimes fails. Didn't use too??

• Ataman
    Ataman Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

If it is not fixed, take it back to apple.... Mine is fixed...

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress
  • john luke
    john luke Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

You will not be able to call a jailbroken iPhone 4 with your new ipod touch.

"iPhone users who want to call iPod touch users can simply select their e-mail address to initiate a FaceTime call, although you’ll need to upgrade to iOS 4.1 on your iPhone in order to do so."

• Heath
    Heath Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Am i stupid or have they removed the custom ringtone option whenchanging the ringtone for specidic contacts? Can't seem to see it, i just got my iphone 4 and didn't look to see if it was an option before i updated to iOS4.1?

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

Great job Dev Team! As stated several times we should be able too use our phones as we please. Thanks again guys for all your hard work!

• Bendover
    Bendover Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Nice copy n paste job there

• Anshul
    Anshul Posts: 88
    via Wordpress

4.1 update includes firmware update also ??

• ZeppelinLed
    ZeppelinLed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

Ffs my 4 is worse after this update, SMS taking ages to send now, calls dint always give a diall tone, light sensor isn't worth a wank either.

• Kurt
    Kurt Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I just looked and it is in the contact edit screen. I see it right below the email addresses of a contact.

• iPodPro14
    iPodPro14 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

No it has to do with the hardware inside of the iPhone or iPod so it would take apple a long while to fix the exploit because they would have to change the parts inside of the iDevice

• mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Very sad to say that the two key reasons for the update the screen shutoff during a call when the phone is near the face and the Bluetooth quality are NOT fixed in 4.1!!!! For the first time since the first iPhone I am thinking it's time to jump ship this is crucial functionality to a phone and AT&T dropping 80+% of calls in phoenix has me very unhappy!

• Hate the look
    Hate the look Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What the F is with the dull grey side bar? How can I get the color sidebar back in xp? Pleanty of Mac fixes on line but can't find a windows fix. Help hate the new grey scem.

• maybe 4.2
    maybe 4.2 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Any luck with the proximity sensor? I loaded 4.1 and it is as bad or worse then 4.0x. This is getting real old real fast.

• mr loba-loba
    mr loba-loba Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

There is no problem here, updated from IOS 4.0.2 to 4.1 and there is no problem,HDR works great,call works great and sms works great

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

Despite many positive comments on the internet, saying that their Iphone 3G problems have been resolved with IOS4.1, I for one am not seeing any improvement whatsoever.

My phone still intermiittently stalls for up to several seconds, whilst going from menu to menu.
    Takes several seconds to enter Settings, Messages etc

How the hell Apple can get this so wrong amazes me. I mean, the only additional functionality the 3G has really gained with the introduction of IOS4, is the folders. With the introduction of 4.0, the 3G didnt get Multitasing, didnt get Backgrounds and now with 4.1 we dont have Game Centre.

So what the hell is this device doing, to chew up so many resources, yet give bugger all additional functionality compared to IOS3.1.3?

Battery life on the 3G with 4.1? Also no better. Just got 12 hours from charge to depletion, with 2 calls only, no notifications enabled, WiFi off.

Is anyone else with a 3G also experiencing continued problems, since upgrading to IOS4.1?

• Riff
    Riff Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

If you're already on 4.0.2 then might as well update to enjoy all the new features cause there is no JB for 4.0.2 and proably never will cause it's just minor (fix security hole go jb) update but there will most probably be one for 4.1 and or 4.2

• Riff
    Riff Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Your phone is messed up save all your contacts with google mobile and backup on iTunes then restore your phone and when done choose set upas new iPhone cause something in old program probably messing u up, all your apps and songs and notes will still b there

• scootz74
    scootz74 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have to agree with Ataman here, Take the machine back to Apple for a replacement if it isn't working right.
    The patch worked fine on my i4, all the issues are gone that were said to be fixed and it greatly improved my signal reception in low signal areas.
    Another note: Looking forward to the jailbreak, as always, good job to the Dev Team.

• Zach
    Zach Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

My proximity sensor is still having issues, but may that be because of my zagg invisible shield?

• Kyaw Min
    Kyaw Min Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I bought jailbreak tool from . I received one link to download the tool but actually I can't get it for my iphone4 4.1. They advertised the tool can be used for 4.1. The link cannot be viewed and only black screen. I'm from Singapore. So I had to contact and get help PayPal to get back my money. But until now no response from seller . Please don't rely on their advertisement.

• Kyaw Min
    Kyaw Min Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Why delete the seller? swreg is the seller.