TinyUmbrella Updated Ahead Of iOS 4.1 Release; Includes Baseband Protection For iPhone 4

Comments

• natim
    natim Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

anyone have the new version number for Tiny Umbrella, currently have 4.01.01

• Marty
    Marty Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

So if I have jailbroken and unlocked my iphone 4 (version 4.0.1) through jailbreakme.com a while ago and I now want to update it to a 4.1 (assuming I only care about my phone being unlocked), if I do so - will my jailbreak disappear or will the unlock go with it too?

• yello
    yello Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i just used tiny umbrella and this technic to down grade a ipod touch 2g mc model 4.0.2 to downgrade to 4.0 the used jailbreak me to break it it works i never had shsh backed up tiny umbrella store 4.0 shsh on my computer im telling you this works

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Take it from someone who actually has an iPhone 4, you can't magically get SHSH blobs without having saved them in the first place. If that were the case, I could downgrade an iPhone 4 to whatever previous firmwares where released before the iPhone 4. It simply isn't true. The fact that Mike just purchased a "New 3GS" while the iPhone 4 is out, tells me he bought his used from somewhere like eBay. Who would waste a 2 year contract on a new 3GS? Your gonna need evidence to back up your claim of outsmarting the Dev Team and TinyUmbrellas creator.

• hxclos
    via Wordpress

Yes, because there is no jailbreak for 4.1 yet and the new firmware also updates the baseband which is needed to unlock.

• EE
    EE Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just saw the new version of nintendo´s Duck Hut and love it.
    The monkey its what i like the most.
    check it up:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/08/iphone-duckhunt.html

• Mike the Great
    Mike the Great Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

One, I never said that you can go Dow to any firmware. I said that I did it to go down to 4.0.1, don't know about going down any farther. Second, my reasons to get a 3GS versus a iPhone 4 is my reason and I don't have to explain, and yes it was bough at apple. Third, I am not outsmarting anyone, I figured it out by reading the instuctions from TinyUmbrella and was able to do it from there. Don't really care if you doubt me since it seems like you are smarter than the dev team. I just figured it worked for me and just wanted to pass on the information in case it worked for other people.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

I saved the file as 4.0.1 with tinyumbrella and disconnected the internet. Then I started the tss server. So am I supposed to use itunes to do the restore? With the internet disconnected itunes just tells me it is disconnected and won't go any farther. Am I missing something here?

• hxclos
    via Wordpress

I like how you say I'm smarter than the Dev Team when all I'm doing is defending them. You are the genius who figured out how to do something the Dev Team can't. The Dev Team said it's not possible and they are a credible source. You claim it is possible but don't provide any working steps. The only thing you keep mentioning is turning off the Internet, wow, brilliant! I don't have a problem with people helping out others but I do have a problem with people who make false claims.

• hxclos
    via Wordpress

Don't disconnect the Internet. The TSS server running should do the trick. If you get an error, you may need to manually update the host file located in C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc. And in case you get stuck on recovery mode, you can always use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of it as well.

• Mikeyxx
    Mikeyxx Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

The article states that Cydia will automatically backup your SHSH. That's not entirely true (unless something changed recently). You need to give it permission at some point by accepting "Make my life easier". Only then is it automatic.

I point this out as someone came to me asking if theirs was saved and I went to show them in Cydia and they hadn't selected "Make my life easier" and it wasn't saved. They commented that this post said it happened automatically.

• iB4StID
    iB4StID Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

how do we upgrdae with tu? i have a ip4 4.0.2 saved my shsh, but i want to uprgrade to 4.1 with tu so i dont update the baseband..

• iB4StID
    via Wordpress

upgrade* lol woops

• hxclos
    via Wordpress
  • edantron
    edantron Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Yes, this is important. I guess more info on this will come out when the anointed ones jailbreak 4.1

• hxclos
    via Wordpress

Go to www.thefirmwareumbrella.bloodspot.com and download the latest TinyUmbrella with 4.1 support. The steps are provided on their website.

• hxclos
    via Wordpress

That's blogspot not bloodspot. iPhone auto correct, gotta love it.

• iB4StID
    via Wordpress

hxclos, Thanks or the help Man!!

• iB4StID
    via Wordpress

For* .. F*** Keyboard!! sorry bout all the typos, thanks again hxclos!!!!

• iSO4
    iSO4 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I don't entirely agree with you on that.
    I open cydia this morning on my iphone 3GS and i see my SHSH backup for 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2. I know i never backed up my SHSH for 4.0.2 so there must be an auto backup going on on the cydia server.

I'd recommend we be cautious in pointing fingers unless we are a 100% certain.

• iSO4
    iSO4 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

To add to that my iphone 3GS is currently running on 4.0.1

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

my wife recently got herself and ipod touch 2g i it has 4.0.2 for now and i hope in the future i will be able to jailbreak it just wanted to know if i should update to 4.1 or not and do i have to save the shsh blobs for 4.0.2? thanks

Steve

• hxclos
    via Wordpress

You only need to hit the "Make my life easier" button once. After that, Cydia will automatically backup your SHSH blobs. Noone is pointing fingers. He clearly said that "unless something changed recently" this is not entirely correct.

• hxclos
    via Wordpress

Is it used? I would use TinyUmbrella to check the Cydia server in case the previous owner jailbroke it and backed up the SHSH blobs. If not then I would back them up just in case while your at it. Then go ahead and update to 4.1

• JimmyV
    JimmyV Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

wonders if this information located at http://mahmood1.com/iPhone_iOS4_1.php#iso4_1_baseband really works for Apple iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 (there is a newer version of TinyUmbrella (4.1.4) which is updated for iOS 4.1).

• marvin
    marvin Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Can someboby help me with my iphone4g 4.0.2? I just got this a few weeks ago and from the time i bought it, it was brand new and sealed cam from at&t with 4.0.2 firmware with 1.59.00 baseband, saved shsh to 4.1 because cydia wouldnt allow me to save it on 4.0.1 or 4.0. I need a suggestion or advise, do I stay on this firmware 4.0.2 and wait for the shattered jailbreak or update iPhone4g on iOS 4.1 Without Upgrading 1.59.00 Baseband to 2.10.4 using guide? Please I need someone that can give me an advise that will prepare me for the upcoming shatter jailbreak. Thank you.

• DaveH
    DaveH Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have iphone 4 with os 4.1 downloaded thru itunes. can I still jailbreak my iphone?

• dee
    dee Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

for anyone that wanna unlock and a jailbreak your best best would be to stay on 4.0.2 use limera1n and unlock with ultrasnow in cydia until a solution for 4.1 is discovered-thats what i did!! and it works beautifully besides i dont see any great features that would jeopardize a unlock feature since apple stop signing 4.0.2 a while back.

• dee
    dee Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

this of course if u havent save your shsh blobs and its too late

• mp
    mp Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Any way you could help me by explaining how to do that? I have a 4.0.2 iPhone 4 and I need to jailbreak + UNLOCK (since i'm in Europe). Do I do that with Limera1n, Greenpois0n or am I just screwed?