Things to Consider Before You Switch To A Verizon iPhone

2»

Comments

• Md6597
    Md6597 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Are you holding your phone when you talk on it? That must be your problem. Try using your mind to levitate your phone to your ear, and hold it on a 15 - 20 degree angle away from your face so you don't push buttons when the proximity sensor activates for some unknown reason. Presto! No dropped calls.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

You hit the nail on the head for me, With the traveling i do, it was a miracle when this feature became available. Sure there are always GPS options available when renting a car but a) the GPS is mounted some ghetto way to the dashboard and screams RENTAL! b) model's vary from car to car so you spend the first 15 minutes at the airport figuring out the new gps or c) (my favorite) you sit down and have one programmed in russian... wtf?! So GPS is a life saver and a must so i can still get directions when im in a new city and wearing my headset. However Its mindblowing how we can throw stones at another carrier because we wouldnt be able to connect online with our phones while talking... I F*#%ING LOVE TECHNOLOGY!

• Manuel
    Manuel Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Ability to use the internet and be on the phone is a must for me. Also, CDMA is a bit restrictive if you travel overseas. Sticking with AT&T. I'm ok with the 23% leaving.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

I hope lots of people do leave. With all the iPhone and ipad taking up the the bandwidth my iPhone has been really slow. Using other peoples phone on verizon or sprint their phone are twice as fast on the Internet. I live in LA and I travel a lot around the area and I notice dead spots or bad spots where sprint and verion still works fine. I recently moved to a 3 story apt I'm at the bottom and now I get tons of drop calls or poor quality calls. The only thing keeping me with AT&T is the work discount on my bill.

• akri
    akri Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

all good points above...people forget about the capped data usage and the traffic there's gonna be when people switch to verizon..all the better for us AT&T users..:) their customer service sucks but they do have the better coverage..regardless of what the commercials say..plus no browsing & talking @ the same time?? for shame!

• alphacute
    alphacute Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

agree network have smthing to do with drop calls and not the phone itself

• Izzeh
    Izzeh Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

In Canada, the CDMA networks (Bell & Telus) recently converted all of their towers to HSPA (i think) it's CDMA thats SIM card compatible, it allows both GSM and CDMA phones to run on the same network.... How come verizon hasn't converted to that yet... it's why all the Canadian providers have the iPhone...

• johnd
    johnd Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Att is just better hands down!!! Think about what would have happened to Verizon's network if they would have gotten the iPhone first. Nobody was prepared for the influx of data usage!!! At&t is investing millions and millions of dollars into their network, and are about to be the 1st exclusive carrier of the Windows 7 device. Companies choose at&t for a reason!! Stick with them...things are getting better!

• johnd
    via Wordpress

agreed akri...I'm at&t for life!

• johnd
    via Wordpress

Great point Manuel!

• QueenO
    QueenO Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    A CDMA iphone is very intriguing. If it can be unlocked it could go to Virign mobile which currently has the cheapest plans.