How To Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G Using Limera1n [Windows]

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow To Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G Using Limera1n [Windows]

Geohot had released Limera1n yesterday that can jailbreak iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 3G and the new iPod Touch 4G. The purpose of this guide is to provide you step by step instructions to jailbreak iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 4G using limera1n. iPhone 4 and iPhone...

Read the full story here

Comments

• modi
    modi Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    Options

Worked for me, except after installing Cydia/respring, it was not on the home screen. Reboot and it was available.

• waldz
    waldz Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

thanks geohot.. and iphonehacks for this very helpful tips.....

• S41N7
    S41N7 Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    Options

Worked first time:
    iPhone4 4.0
    Limerain beta4
    Windows7

• lack
    lack Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Cydia installed. But apparently my 3GS running iOS4.1 is still not jailbroken. What gives?

• Wishkid
    Wishkid Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options

Jb works like a charm, But if you find your self not getting it to work, Try doing it with Itunes open. IT work for me twice that way, with an Iphone 4 and a 3GS. Just open Itunes then Maki it Rain.

• Hendog
    Hendog Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options

If you read anything Geohot has posted, he said he's working on the fixes for the 3GS.....

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress
    Options

you dun have to thank geohot.

he did, afterall STOLE, the exploit from comex.

• Russ
    Russ Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options

Got iphone 4 working no problem. Still a no go with Ipad though. Never see the l1merain logo. Stays at the apple logo after DFU mode. Anyone??

• Hans
    Hans Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options

me too on iphone 3gs new bootrom... i never see a limera1n logo when the software in exploiting state...

• bebebe
    bebebe Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

when i try to install cydia from limerain, it says Please check your internet connection. I'm connected with good signal strength. Any help on this?

• bebebe
    bebebe Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

when i try to install cydia from limerain, it says Please check your internet connection. I'm connected with good signal strength. Any help on this?

By the way, I'm on ipod touch 4G 4.1 firmware.

• Shrek
    Shrek Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Got iphone 4 worked like a charm when they said in the description not just on click it is more or less not alot to do really very nice and well done with a big thanks now to test it properly

• cengiz
    cengiz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

hey i got an iphone 4 4.0.2 with sim lock, its modem firmware is 01.59.00, its locked by at&t so if i jailbreak it with limera1n can i use ultrasn0w and unlock it, and use it with my operator?

• HelletWoddy
    HelletWoddy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

for me its not work. i dk why, i have an iphone 3gs 16gb model MC from att store with firmware 3.1.3 i update and save shsh from 3.1.3. to 4.1 but when i run limera1n ,, it tries to jailbreak and the lime picture appears but the phone goes off and i turn on again and the limera1n icon does not appear. i dont know why ................does anyone can help me please....also i did many times with itunes opened and not opened..for some reason i cant get the limera1n icon...even i jailbreak it already......please help me...my baseband firmware is the lates version on 3gs...please help me please....geohot please help me....iphonehacks please help me............im getting crazy i want my 4.1 to be customized..but i cant if i dont have cydia on it...please please please please please please please please please please please please please help help help help help me..................

• R
    R Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Options

Yeah I have the same problem, except mine won't work on my iPod touch 3g.

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    Options

ya my itouch 3g 4.1 is not working. it said the bootroom was fixed. has anybody had it work on itouch 3g with 4.1

• Kiss*ss
    Kiss*ss Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

S*** GP Delayed besause of Limera1n jaikbreak..I have no unlock yet....But Thanks Geohot for your hard worked..........You beat Them again Bro.......

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Options

I had issues installing LimeRa1n on my iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) where it would never show the limera1n icon. I tried the reboot as suggested and even attempted to redo the limera1n as administrator without success.

I have a 64-bit version of Windows 7 and it doesn't work!!!

BUT........ I attempted to install via a 32-bit version of Windows 7 without any issues! The limera1n icon appeared and I was able to launch it and install cydia.

For those having issues where the limera1n icon is not appearing, attempt to install on a 32-bit version of Windows.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Options

How do you do that

• flash516
    flash516 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

mi ipod 3g 64gb is stuck with the apple logo screen???

• smooth
    smooth Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

worked for me just limera1n doesn't want to uninstall for some reason but cydia installed right away after the first reboot

• pito ho
    pito ho Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

Worked 100% for my iphone 4 4.0.2. I do not need to upgrade my iphone to 4.1, because it would change the BASEBAND to another one and sometime is not possible to unlock.It is very easy to jailbreak. I jailbroken 2 of my iphone 4. I jailbreak with Window XP and the iTune version 9.2.... I don't trust the itune's firmware 10.1. I think it might mess up during the process. Believe me 100% work.
    Thank you Geohot.

• rodrigo
    rodrigo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

my iphone 4 is not working with BETA4 i have all teh procces but the limera1n icon doesn't appear in my iphone

• Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Options

So what do I do with my Ipod touch 2g for windows?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Options

Use Redsn0w or wait for Geohot to release a new version of limera1n that supports iPod Touch 2G:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/redsn0w/

• khalil
    khalil Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options

i tried it with an ipod touch 3g and the limera1n app isnt showing up. how do you restart and ipod touch because maybe im doing that wrong ive jjust been turning it off and on and nothing is coming up. please help.

• Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Options

Not working on Ipod touch 3G Model MC086LL Firmware version 4.1 (8B117). Limera1n detects that its connected, I follow all on screen instructions exactly. It finishes telling me its jailbroken, but when I reboot, no sign of limera1n icon. Also, limera1n logo doesn't show up during jailbreak, just apples. I'm wondering if anyone's having the same problem. If it wasn't so easy and I hadn't tried it a few times I'd think it was me, but I don't think so. Anyone who knows of a solution, your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• allah
    allah Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

i tried this but when it went into recovery mode itunes came up saying "recovery mode detected you must restore your device before any further use is possible" how to i get round this or am i just being niave and could exit that the whole time

• R
    via Wordpress
    Options

I have the same problem and don't know what to do either..

• R
    via Wordpress
    Options

Do I have to restore my iPod touch first? Its 3g and doesn't work so thats what I want to know.