How To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 Using Redsn0w For iPhone 3G Users [Windows]

13»

Comments

• hnguy
    hnguy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

For those who updated to 4.1 on iPod Touch 2g (MC and non MC) like myself and did not successfully jailbreak their device with Redsnow, follow the instruction below to downgrade to 4.0 without the need to have SHSH blobs saved and re-jailbreak with www.jailbreakme.com. The credit goes out to souf_033 from the Dev-Team blog. I just used it and it works!

HOW TO DOWNGRADE YOUR IPOD TOUCH 2G MC MODEL WITHOUT SHSH BLOBS SAVED!

DOWNGRADE FROM 4.1 TO 4.0

Step-by-step Guide:

- Download Limera1n and run it. after it finished it will say that ur iPod got succesfully jailbroken. it won't be jailbroken!

- Download iOS 4.0 (Google for it)

- Re-run Limera1n again and have iTunes opened BUT dont complete the Limera1n jailbreak this time. Let Limera1n put ur iPod into recovery mode but don't help limera1n by getting it into DFU mode (So DON'T press the home + power button this time)

- iTunes should see that ur iPod is in recovery mode. hold Shift and click on restore (SHIFT+RESTORE). Now select ur previously downloaded iOS 4.0 and let iTunes do the job for u :)

- After iTunes is done u should have iOS 4.0 on ur iPod 2G MC. Close Limera1n and use Tiny Umbrella to kick your device out of recovery mode. Now we're gonna JB it by going to the iPod browser (SAFARI) and surf to www.Jailbreakme.com. Slide to JB and voila ur done.

• hnguy
    hnguy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

If you have an iPod Touch 2g, follow the instructions I posted below to downgrade back to 4.0 and re-jailbreak with Jailbreakme. I too was not successful in using Redsnow to jailbreak 4.1 on my iPod 2G.

• RB
    RB Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Mine too. My phone is running extremely slow since the jb. I have a FM transmitter that worked great before the jb and now the music will no longer play through the radio anymore. Pandora and the iPod starts and shuts down. Have reset the phone 5 times and the programs work after that, but then start doing the same thing again. I just restored my phone. This was my first time and this wasn't working for me

• moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress

It is clear that many of you are frustrated with the current situation, but this should not drive you to go searching for a solution in other sites that are proven to be spams. i.e (http://www.serviceok.net/index.php )
    They advertise that they can jailbreak and unlock any firmware or baseband.
    Be careful and do not waste your money on them.

• Compo
    Compo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Does it make any difference in what order you sync your phone after installing new firmware? I only ask as i have tried 4 times now, and my phone won`t work correctly, it just when shut down will not boot after but goes round in circles? any ideas if you have a mo?
    cheers

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

When i click on Redsn0w link it says page cannot be found, please help

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

anyone please???????

• Gustavo
    Gustavo Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

Search for the same file name at 4shared.

Thank`s for the post, it worked perfectly with my iPhone 3G/iOS 4.1.

• TY
    TY Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

ive jailbroken my iphone 3g with ios 4.1 firmware with sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 but i still hsve trouble with trying to unlock it for t-mobile....any suggestions?

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

I had the same problem (won't ID the firmware)

• Ars7amad
    Ars7amad Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The download link is not working
    please
    some help
    reupload it or something
    i can't find it any where !!

• Asian guy
    Asian guy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Can anyone tell me when 4.1 can unlock ?

• Jigar
    Jigar Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Awesome, worked like a charm.Snowbreeze is a piece of ****. RedSnow roxxxx !!!!