Dev Team: PwnageTool, Limera1n, Comex Hacks Will Be Able To Jailbreak Future iOS Firmwares For iPhon

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team: PwnageTool, Limera1n, Comex Hacks Will Be Able To Jailbreak Future iOS Firmwares For iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 4G

MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team has just announced via Twitter that they’ve figured out a way to use the PwnageTool, limera1n exploit and Comex’s kernel hacks to jailbreak future firmwares (so iOS 4.2 and beyond) for all A4 chip based devices such as iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G, iPad...

Read the full story here

Comments

• genesis_ketl
    genesis_ketl Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

What about 3GS users

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

unlockers and people who love PwnageTool for greater control of the jailbreak are going to love this however for speed and ease of use and novice jailbreakers tools such as redsnow when and if updated and greenpoison and limerain are fantastic easy to use and will get you jailbroken. I have a facotry unlocked Iphone 4 but I still want to use Pwnagetool for the config options

• Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

Sound good, but cannot be sure for long.

From experience, the cat and mouse game will remain all the way through. If a generator can be made by hackers that will function all the time, big firms just change the whole system. back to square 1.

Classic example is the digital box, using cable. They switched to nagra 3, whole new system.

• Magdy Youssef
    Magdy Youssef Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I hope that Dev Team lunch the windows version either to 3GS unlockers

• Souskei
    Souskei Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Can someone please explain the importance of the a4 chip when it comes to this upcoming JB tool?

Why is it it will only work with the a4 chip?

• PlayBoyPod
    PlayBoyPod Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

why they cant create a jailbreak to put custom firmwares on idevices with new bootroms such as iPhones, iPods, iPads and Apple TV? it will be great, so so great that everyone is going to love it..

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

different CPU architecture. Kind of like how MAC for x86 systems cannot (natively) run on MACos for powerpc.

• l
    l Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Will this jailbreak Baseband 05.14.02?

• S
    S Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

I jailbroke my iphone using limeRain with a good result. Thanks to the limeRain dev.

anyway, does anyone here using SPOOF to hide icons?

I downloaded SPOOF and found the following unrecognized apps on my iPhone3gs.

1. AdSheet
    2. TrustMe
    3. WebSheet

Does anyone know about these apps and how to remove theme? I don't see them from my springBoard, I only see them when I open Spoof or iFile.

• GeoH0tz
    GeoH0tz Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

upgrade your POS already

• Johar
    Johar Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I have iphone 4 with OS4.0.1 due to error i try to restore the firmware again but itunes extract verify and install half the way and hangs up i have try almost 10times but in vain can anyone suggest the error??????

• mack83
    mack83 Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

i just jailbroke my iphone and installed ssh,my question is all about how to secure my phone.....i always turn off my ssh via sbsettings and im using a secured wifi connection,do i need to install mobile terminal?bcoz it ddnt work for me, everytime i open its always crashed or closed immdiately? or its safe if im going to uninstall my ssh?.....pls guys i need some suggestion. thanks

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I wonder if the latest baseband can be hacked...

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

actually much more like pentium one (1990's) vs i7, both x86 based but one has many more features and a different boot code

• Hassan
    Hassan Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Is this good news for noobs like me who upgraded
    there iPhone 4 to 4.1 already ? Will I be able
    to JB and unlock after the pwnage tool is released?
    Thanks

• Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

Ive had my Iphone 4 4.1 jailbroken since 10-9-10, um, keep up with the times pimpin...... Cant wait till 4.2 comes out and they jailbreak it the day afterwards (actually they should start the jailbreaking process on the GM version right?)

• Ammar
    Ammar Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i'm using ios4.0 now on 3gs with firmware 05.11.07 how i can update it to ios 4.1?
    Before i was using ios 3.1.2 with firmware 05.11.07 jailbreaken by blackra1n .
    Then i updated to IOS4.0 by using snowbreeze
    information on the net saying don't update if you wouldn't to lose you unlock and the other saying you can update.
    I'm little bit confuse. I don't wanna to lose my unlock.
    Please help me
    what i should do? and how i can update it to ios 4.1?
    step by step please

• To
    To Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

find something on cydia that call terminal for ios4 that would work well am using mine

• mack83
    mack83 Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

thanks for your answer,ok ill try to find those terminal,but even if my ssh is turn off from sbsetting still my phone is not safe?or i just uninstall my ssh if needed?

• Allan
    Allan Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Don't update yet, hang in there until there are sure news to UnLock ios4.1 for 3GS.

There are so much news to jailbreak 4.1 it's very tempting. But without UNLock it's worthless.

With the 3GS, there is not much difference between 4.0 and 4.1 anyway.

Don't do it, you'll regret it.

• Tyre
    Tyre Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Try restoring your pc to earlier time same happened to me sometimes a file gets removed so this might bring it back worked for me

• Ammar
    via Wordpress

Thanks a lots bro.

• Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

Nope ... not upgrading from 3GS for the moment.

I've been expecting pwnagetool (and sn0wbreeze) to allow preserving unlockable baseband while still jailbreaking iOS 4.1 - is there any news that this definitely won't happen? Or any news that it should be able to be done? Or just no news either way.

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

I follow Dinozambas on YouTube. His detailed instruction videos show you exactly what devices and how you can jailbreak. Check him out he's great.

• hnguy
    hnguy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

You can update the firmware without updating your baseband. Go to the link below and follow the instructions. I updated my iPhone 4 to 4.1 and was able to preserve my baseband. Then use the jailbreak tool of your liking and use Ultrasnow to unlock.

http://www.redmondpie.com/update-iphone-4-on-ios-4.1-without-upgrading-1.59.00-baseband-to-2.10.4/

• hnguy
    hnguy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

For those who updated to 4.1 on iPod Touch 2g (MC and non MC) like myself and did not successfully jailbreak their device with Redsnow, follow the instruction below to downgrade to 4.0 without the need to have SHSH blobs saved and re-jailbreak with www.jailbreakme.com. The credit goes out to souf_033 from the Dev-Team blog. I just used on my daughter's iPod it and it works!

HOW TO DOWNGRADE YOUR IPOD TOUCH 2G MC MODEL WITHOUT SHSH BLOBS SAVED!

DOWNGRADE FROM 4.1 TO 4.0

Step-by-step Guide:

- Download Limera1n and run it. after it finished it will say that ur iPod got succesfully jailbroken. it won't be jailbroken!

- Download iOS 4.0 (Google
    for it)

- Re-run Limera1n again and have iTunes opened BUT dont complete the Limera1n jailbreak this time. Let Limera1n put ur iPod into recovery mode but don't help limera1n by getting it into DFU mode (So DON'T press the home + power button this time)

- iTunes should see that ur iPod is in recovery mode. hold Shift and click on restore (SHIFT+RESTORE). Now select ur previously downloaded iOS 4.0 and let iTunes do the job for u :)

- After iTunes is done u should have iOS 4.0 on ur iPod 2G MC. Close Limera1n and use Tiny Umbrella to kick your device out of recovery mode. Now we're gonna JB it by going to the iPod browser (SAFARI) and surf to www.Jailbreakme.com. Slide to JB and voila ur done.

• Ammar
    via Wordpress
  • ceoiabs
    ceoiabs Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Can someone post a clear instruction when and how to unlock the iphone 4, os 4.1, this is all confusing to the some of us
    thanks allot