iPhone Tips & Tricks: Send and receive MMS on your iPhone

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Tips & Tricks: Send and receive MMS on your iPhone

You might already know it but when I read this trick over at iPhone Central @ MacWorld, I thought of sharing it you. One of the features missing in the iPhone is it's lack of integrated support for MMS. If you were used to using MMS in your previous mobile...

Read the full story here

Comments

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    Options

Now I can send MMS messages but what about receiving them? Does anyone know the POP3 information for doing so?

• lizzah
    lizzah Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

I have tried numerous times to send a picture through email on my iPhone, and it doesn't work. The receiving phone (a Motorola Razr), gets the text and the subject of the message but no picture. This is very aggravating, as I send a lot of pictures and it's not working!!!

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    Options

this did not work for me. my friend has verizon and i got a failure notice sent back to my iphone.

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    Options

worked, i send one to my other att cell and its worked.

• Cory
    Cory Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options

Is there any trick to send a text message to an email address? This function sure would be nice. My last couple phones did this no prob.

• Useless
    Useless Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Why do people keep posting these useless "hints" EMAIL is NOT MMS.

• Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress
    Options

This works great, but one downfall is that it doesn't count as "in network" messaging for your friends when they send you picture messages. Pretty lame Apple/AT&T

• Heidi
    Heidi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

I still cannot send or recieve pictures!!! I keep getting the message that the connection to outgoing server "imap.emailsrvr.com" failed? What does that mean and how do I fix it? I am amazed that with all the technolgy this phone has, that it can't simply send or get pics????

• Sabra Bartlett
    Sabra Bartlett Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

It worked for me!...iPhone to Razr, Razr to iPhone.
    Perfect!!

• Gary Davies
    Gary Davies Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

well all this talk of mms there has been an application developed called swirlymms which will allow you to sed out mms messages the recive funcation has yet to be desined hoped this helps.

Jailbroken iphone need to run this app

• Adel H
    Adel H Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

I have a much better idea. If you guys have Installer, install the application "Swirl MMS" you can send pics as long as there is Wireless Internet. Just recently i started receiving Picture Messages, however; I have not figured out to which file or folder the pics go to. Thanks to Adel Hallak for this info!

• Adel H
    Adel H Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

I have a much better idea. If you guys have Installer, install the application "Swirl MMS" you can send pics as long as there is Wireless Internet. Just recently i started receiving Picture Messages, however; I have not figured out to which file or folder the pics go to. Thanks to Adel Hallak for this info!

• AnaLee
    AnaLee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Emailing totally works for me. I send my boyfriend pics all of the time, he has Verizon and it always works. We still haven't figured out how to get it to work for him sending me pics though.

• Travis
    Travis Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Options

to MATT you say your friend recieves the TEXT but not the pic... the address has to be **********@mms.att.net
    not
    **********@txt.att.net

• Adel Hallak
    Adel Hallak Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options

Hey guys,
    Follow my instructions and thank me later...here you go:

First you need the Application Swirly MMS- add this from
    Swirly's source - swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml and add version 0.3.2.
    Install the package named "SwirlyMMS from Swirlyspace", ver 0.3.1. Follow the installation instructions (which means you must restart your phone when installation has finsihed)

Then go to Settings and fill out this info:
    you can find settings for other carriers on other blogs.

T-Mobile (USA)
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS-APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User: empty
    Pass: empty

A screen will display that you need to install Mobile finder/Mobile Viewer to be able to see pictures. Go ahead and go to installer, all packages, scroll all the way down to Mobile Finder, install it, then go back and install Mobile Viewer.
    Now you are done! Have someone send you an mms. It should show under Swirly MMS. Open it then click fetch. It will download then display this message:

"all fetched mms-files are stored in/var/mobile/media/mmsfiles"

Click the menu button. Now you are on your home screen. Scroll to see the icon “Preview” and click it. Click “Open” . you will then have 5 folders displayed:

1. …
    2. Bin
    3. Lib
    4. Library
    5. Media

Double click on the folder “…” then click on folder “mobile” then folder “media” then folder “MMSfiles” then BINGO! All your received pictures are there!!! Good Luck… Big Thanks to Adel Hallak.

• Marlene Gerosa
    Marlene Gerosa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Hi, I have a friend in Indonesia and I want to send and recieve text messages and pictures his cell phones to my iphone. Can this be done?
    marlene

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress
    Options

Swirly MMS is looking great, but I can't find mobile viewer in installer, how do I get it in there?
    Also, if I put applications in the install 'queue' how do I access the cue when I want to install them?

Thanks!
    B

• Sara
    Sara Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options

i dont have internet on my mobile phone its on a pay as you go sim,how do i get around sending my partner a picture msg

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress
    Options

how to get mms on 2.0 iphone,,,

• I
    I Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Options

Does anyone know what e-mail to use to send MMS to networks outside of the US?

Vodafone ES
    Movistar ES
    Orange ES
    Yoigo ES

Are the ones i'm interested in... thanks :D

• Adel Hallak
    Adel Hallak Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options

FYI- you do not need Mibile Finder or Mobile Viewer if you have the New Swirly...i think most ppl have that now!

• Michael T Kerrrr
    Michael T Kerrrr Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

do u have to pay for the new Swirly? how can i have it for free?

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    Options

on the new version of swirly do you have to know your carrier's mms settings? also do you have to have an active mms plan with your carrier?

• Sarah
    Sarah Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Options

I tried to send an MMS to an alltel phone e-mail (phone#@message.alltel.com) and all she got was text that said picture.jpg the picture didn't show up

• Goodole1
    Goodole1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

I'm trying to locate the address after the @ for metropc, does anyone have a clue?

Thanks

• Gwen
    Gwen Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

does it cost like a text message to send a pix message through email but have it appear a a pix message on the other phone?

• tommy
    tommy Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Options

does anyone have att and atleast now the correct working settings if u do please please let me know for swirly

• dno
    dno Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Do not get swirly if you are on AT&T. This trick is using what's called an SMS gateway. Wiki it and you will get all the info you need including a comprehensive list of international carrier gateway addresses. Keep in mind that some carriers have two addresses, one for SMS and one for MMS.

Sending a text to an email address is as easy as putting in an email address instead of a phone number.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

• louisa
    louisa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

i want to be able to send and recieve pictures but i don't know what
    service provider to use for
    sony ericson and nokia and motorola?
    does anyone know please help

• Jacob R
    Jacob R Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Hey Adel just tell ur friend to send it to your email not this special thing just ur persanal email and then go to ur mail inbox, im pretty sure this will work scence email is global ,good luck :)