PwnageTool 4.1 To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3

Comments

• ca_top@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

Any news on carrier unlocking for Iphone 4.1 bb 02.10.04?
    Thanx

• Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress

Is anyone getting a "size mismatch" error when trying to install winterboard??

• jack thomas
    jack thomas Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

is it compulsory to use firmware and jailbreak to unlock iphone? I have no more idea about apple TV and JB family. please give some details. thanks for sharing your idea.

• Chile19
    Chile19 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I just bouhgt an iphone 4, 4.1 and baseband 5.14.02. I will be able to downgrade the baseband?

Thanks,

• evh999@yahoo.com
    evh999@yahoo.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi, I have a 3GS with IOS 4.0.2. Modem firmware is 05.13.04. In order to JB and unlock, can someone confirm that all I need to do is create a custom firmware, go into DFU and restore the firmware using iTunes? Just want to make sure I am not missing anything. I assume I should be ok to unlock with Ultrasnow. Phone has never been jailbroken before.

• ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

so far after building costun IPSW itunes (apple verifying) don't accept the costum firmware: iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Custom_Restore.ipsw
    and give right away iphone could not be restored unknown error occurred (1600)

3GS 4.1 (8B117) firmware 05,14,02

... :-(

• Jcm800
    via Wordpress

Solved it. Did a reboot and tried again. It worked.
    Thanks everyone

• Kiss A$$
    Kiss A$$ Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Why don't you guys use tinyumbrela to update new 4.1 without baseband update.I did on my 3g 3.1.3 BB 5.12...x to 4.1 or use sn0wbreze 2.0.2 creat custom fw of 4.1 and use itune to update.....i jb my 3g and also unlocked by ultrasn0w .......!

• EVH
    EVH Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I guess I need a good how to site. I successfully done 3G using Pawnage before. I just don't want to mess up my 3GS.

• msredline3@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

My battery drained completely over night!

• Christopher
    Christopher Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

Could not have worked better!!!

• hack
    hack Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Thats funny as I just did with this process and my baseband was 5.14.02 - I would try it before you make that statement.

• ShatterLimera1n@comex
    via Wordpress

this doesnt work for iphone 3gs new bootrom.. i tried like 5 times on mac using itunes 10 and 10 times on windows using itunes 10.. i created the custom ipsw for my iphone and it didnt work... i use the saurik server and without it too and it didnt worked.... dont try on iphone 3gs with new bootrom because its not going to work...

if any one can make it work please reply to this message... thank you

• Jcm800
    via Wordpress

I had major battery drain issues since jailbreaking 4.1 with Limera1n..

I restored and did the jailbreak again, and so far seems back to how it should be.

• MY
    MY Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Can't wait for Win version to come out soon. Also I got a quick question guys. I have an iphone 3Gs and jailbroke it with the "jailbreakme" that was released a little while ago. But lately i'm noticing something weird, my iphone now happens to shutdown itself even if the is left battery like around 30% or 25% battery, it just decide to shutdown itself as if there was no more battery juice.
    And I absolutely need to plug my wire charger to the wall or computer and restart it back. Anyone has experienced this or could maybe tell me what could cuz this?

Thanx a lot guys!!

• Hambone
    Hambone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Works great - anyway to put the custom boot logo feature back?

• hack
    hack Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

It works just fine. User error in this case. I can't believe how easy it was and new bootrom on 3gs... Neophyte...

• Koomoo
    Koomoo Posts: 52
    via Wordpress

i have a question i just bought a iphone 4 a couple weeks ago @ the time it was @ OS 4.1 n Baseband 1.59.00 was happy but confused. b/c the guy i bought it from just use Lime rain but not tiny Umberlla.... n as of today it froze on me n made me restore :( now its lock for good. i was just wondering if this pawnage tool can restore my baseband?

• Manuel
    Manuel Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Ok, so everything went smoothly using PT. How do I get my apps, mail, calendar settings back to prior to JB? Thanks.

• Farm
    Farm Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

If I use sn0breeze, do I still need tiny umbrella? Thanks. I can't find the answer anywhere.

• Saikhanbayar
    Saikhanbayar Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Hi, its the first time i want to use PwnageTool,

it says i should not restore to original IPSW from Apple, and have to restore to custom IPSW.

But i don't have any IPSW restored before. Also i want to unlock my friends iphones.

In this case, can i find any custom IPSW file and use it to restore all 3GS and 4 iphones?

Thanks in advance

• rocksr
    rocksr Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked great on 3gs, except I had the usual problem receiving incoming mms picture attachments that I've had every time I've pwned an iphone (3g or 3gs), but that's just caused by my not having all my T-Mobile settings correct. I installed the PushFix T-Mobile US MMS Fix for iOS 4 from the Cydia repository, rebooted, and voila! All working perfectly. Kudos to the Dev Team for yet another outstanding effort!

• Sri
    Sri Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Hi all,
    I bought an iPhone 4 recently in LA and got it back to India. I bought the phone without the AT&T subscription, I paid nearly $700 for it. But no one in India is able to help me unlock it. So, essentially, it's a very expensive brick that I brought all the way back from the US.
    My phone has iOS 4.1, and I read somewhere that the new iOS 4.1 is harder to hack. Can one of you help me? Thanks

• bhuvan
    bhuvan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

not getting network, my network is stuck at the "searching" display and doesnt want to go anywhere ahead of that

• kk
    kk Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

what if u have a factory unlocked iphone 4...do u still need the pwnage tool?..so confused

• neo
    neo Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

hi, I want JB with 4.1 like u, I have an iphone 3gs JB with 4.0, firmware 05.13.04 I have some doubts about it, can give me information?

what itunes version did you use?

did you use, this custom firmware? Phone2,1_4.1_8B117_Custom_Restore.ipsw

did you mantain still your firmware?

thanks and congratulations

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

found a fix for the battery life prob if anyone wants to try it open game center then close it go to notifications turn all 3 options on then turn them all off. dont know if it will work for everyne but it worked for me

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

Totally works. Iphone 3gs 4.1 Firmware 5.14.02. I had to activate the phone with an old At&t sim though. Make sure you have one before you do it.

• oli
    oli Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Help!!By mistake I have gone from iOS 4.0 to 4.1 on my new iPhone 3GS.And it can not be jailbreaked!
    Can I go back to 4.0 (if yes,how?)or should I wait?
    I don't know much about this matter.Anybody to give a good advice or point to a good website?Thank you all.