Activate iPhone Without Official Carrier SIM And Also Fix Poor Battery Life Issue After Unlocking Us

Comments

newbie Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    after I used Redn0ws to jailbreak my 3GS, i got stuck at the Itune Logo and USB cable. I did try to hold down the power and circle buttons but still didn't work. Any help, please????
  • Varesh
    Varesh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    My friend ... Use Tiny Umbrella to get your phone out of recovery mode. Try again to jailbreak your phone with Redsnow in XP compatability mode if at you are using windows7. Try n let me know if it solves your purpose.
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 53
    via Wordpress
    hello all,i am using 3GS new bootrom ios 4.1, jailbroken with pwnage tool and still on 05.13.04when i point redsn0w to my firmware it doesnt recognize it. What do i do? My battery doesnt drain so badly though so i could wait for other JB tools, but any help woulb be appreciated. Thx
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    I am on 3gs old bootrom with 4.1 / 6.15 baseband and JB with redsn0w. I installed sam/samprefs first then de-activated via redsnow. Connected it to the computer, opened itunes, and now it keeps opening and closing the itunes app store. The "phone is activated" notification doesn't show on my iPhone. But in sam it says "wildcardactivated" does this mean my phone was successfully updated? Thanks
  • Cybervie
    Cybervie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Do I have to install ultrasnow too?? Doesn't work on my i4 4.2.1..Nothing at all, help please. thank you in advance.
  • Steve98uk
    Steve98uk Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Had the same draining problem on 4,2 to the extent that when it was plugged into my laptop charging it still drained!!! Went back to itunes and did a normal restore that failed at the last hurdle and left phone in recovery mode- used snowbreeze 2.1 and that failed too!! then used redsnow and a 4.1 restore file and that worked-now my battery charges when plugged in to laptop usb!! Result after about 4 hours! (i hope) lets see if its still on in the morning- if it is you tell me whats causing this? By the way i did NOT use SAM -- Regards
  • sexyeyez02
    sexyeyez02 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I also have no deactivate option in redsn0w. Could someone help me please?
  • ksamj
    ksamj Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    my carrier in not on the list. is there any updates for the carrier list????????
  • DATS ME
    DATS ME Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    please anybody wish explain how long is battery life on standby as well using iton standby it should last at least 10 hours fully charged?correct
  • thejaycan
    thejaycan Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I've got the same issue as Dco and Geelob above. I installed 4.2.1, then Redsn0w'd it, installed SAM, it says "activated", but I still have terrible battery life, like 5% eaten in 5 mins.I then switched off notifications under Settings>Notifications and the battery life stabilized. So I think it's something there. So one by one, I tried turning on individual notifications in apps to see if I could find the problem child, but if any one of them is on, the battery life plunges again.I'm wondering about a couple things.1) In SAM, is there a difference between "Activated" and "Wildcard Activated"? I can only get "Activated" to show up.2) Also, every time I reboot, SAM activationstate says "MismatchedICCID". I plug in iTunes, and then I get "activated" again. How do I get it to stick?Using 8G iPhone 3G w tmob SIM
  • Steve98uk
    via Wordpress
    Update on my comment above--What ever i did my phone is back to normal-if not better than it was- left on all night on standby and stil had 89% charge- result- and no i have no idea how i managed it- Regards
  • Dco
    Dco Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    @ steve98uk...was your phone unlocked already then you had the battery drain issues? so you restored your iphone in itunes then jailbroke with the new redsnow using a 4.1 IPSW not 4.2.1?
  • WarezChewy
    WarezChewy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    3GS 4.1 BB 6.15. Phone is phone is flashed with custom firmware made with sn0wbreeze when. Click deactivate with SAM nothing happens with the phone and nothing in iTunes either can I deactivate with redsnow even tho myphone wa flashed with iTunes and snowbreeze? I'm having gps issues ad I hers that this was also fixing that issue can someone help
  • Madice1970
    Madice1970 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Same here - my battery is dead within 3.5 hours: used redsn0w to update to 4.1 with the 6.15 baseband, installed SAM, deactivated w redsn0w, activated using SAM.
  • Steve98uk
    via Wordpress
    Hi- Thats a yes to all-- but itunes restore got right to the end and errored-Then i used snowbreeze and 4.1 and that failed as well-as a last resort to get my phone working again i used redsnow with 4,1 and activated phone on itunes with a old (not live) o2 sim, then unlocked via cydia-replaced my sim (t-mobile) and went back to itunes and it accepted it-battery back to normal and all functions work including my tomtom (via cradle) at no point did i use sam-- maybe luck but i am now happy!! Good Luck
  • vesper
    vesper Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Same with me ... I have installed both SAM and SAMPREFS...but when I run redsn0w....can't see the de-activate option...plz sum1 help...thnx
  • Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
    Guys from TypePad or anybody else, I need you help!I have Iphone 3G with ios 3.0(7A341) installed (baseband 04.26.08). I couldn’t upgrade ios because I moved out from US and didn’t have original AT&T sim card. As I read here now I can do it with jailbreak app SAM, but how can I jailbreak and unlock my Iphone? I have Cydia installed on it.Thanks in advance for any reply!
  • jrl
    jrl Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    There is an app called iPusher at the App Store
  • ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress
    That is what I've experienced with SAM so far. It noticeably drains my power faster than it was before SAM installed.iP 3G, iOS 4.2.1, BB:05.12.01
  • Mode
    Mode Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi, I had the battery draining problem but SAM was not able to help me. But I read about Push Doctor working from some. I installed from Cydia and it fixed my battery draining problem. I was not sure if anyone had posted this info, I hope it helps others.
  • Ayin
    Ayin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi. I used sn0wbreeze to jailbreak my phone, updated BB using redsn0w and unlocked using ultrasn0w. I tried using SAM to activate my phone several times already but it does not work. What should I do? Thanks in advance.
  • Brittney
    Brittney Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I did exactly as the instructions said plus installing push doctor, Battery drained two percent in about 3 mins and still having large amount of data to and from in cellular data. did i need to deactivate within sam as well as deactivating with redsnow? Im 3gs 4.2.1, 6.15.00. Please help cant have phone dying all the time with tethered boot! i have rebooted the phone twice as well!! still watching battery and cellular data numbers.
  • Brittney
    Brittney Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    update: deleted and reinstalled push doctor and rebooted again and thus far im not seein alot of cellular data moving in or out, will watch battery life but hopefully i have this fixed!!
  • Cre8e
    Cre8e Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    SAM solves the problem of syncing and youtube if your iDevice is jailbroken with Sn0wbreeze.
  • sjohnson
    sjohnson Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    HiI have a 3GS, on 4.1 (via Redsn0w). Unlocked and activated. Also installed UltraSn0w and SAM/SAMPrefs. Now 'phone says "No Service" or "Searching...". In "About" iPhone knows everything about SIM except the number (i.e. carrier/bundle etc...). Any ideas how to fix this?
  • rafeelr
    rafeelr Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I accidentally deactivated my iPhone 3GS 4.2.1 now I m stuck in emergency call and my iPhone have pass-lock also so I can't open iTunes to sync it... so pls help me I m stuck in emergency call window
  • js
    js Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Does anybody have ANY clue what anything in the SAM settings means? I currently have ELEVEN bars of information and have no idea if the thing is even working.
  • me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress
    I had the same problems, battery drain and no push notifications (3G with iOS 4.1.2. JB by Redsn0w and unlocked with Ultrasn0w 1.2). I installed push doctor and suddenly the battery life was back normal. Push notification is also working again. (after a couple of hours)
  • Panty Guy
    Panty Guy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    You may also need to remove then reinstall all your applications which use Push Notifications before they will work
  • Paco
    Paco Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Check ur base band, I had the same problem and the only way I found for fixing it was updating the baseband to 06.15.00.