Activate iPhone Without Official Carrier SIM And Also Fix Poor Battery Life Issue After Unlocking Us

13»

Comments

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    hi.i have a problem with sam.when i install this app and use redsnow and deactive my phone.after restart and back to sam there is no de-activate option in sam program and only exist hachacktivate option.what i can to do ?
  • Julie
    Julie Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Yes i have the same problem...there is no de-activate iphone option. I'm not sure what to do either
  • Marijn
    Marijn Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I tunes just wont activate the sim, doesnt matter what sim i use :S just doesnt work. Now i have the problem that i can't sync music becouse it needs to be activated.. i have the new bootrom 4.2.1 and the 6.15.00 bootrom (god why di did i ever jailbreak in the firstplace....)anyway i kinda can't live without push notifications and just only recently noticed it that i wasn't getting my messages from ping & whatsapp. wich are services i use many times a day.I have to use a custom rom to get this phone to work nowadays. use pwnage tool for that and i have had checked activate otherwise it just wont start, can't do anything then. Soo i click deactivate in redsn0w. use sam to once again deactivate (current version lost that button and renamed it to restock...... something can't exactly recall) anyway itunes just says the iphone doenst have a valid sim and cant activate :( please help!!!
  • Jonnie
    Jonnie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i dunno how i manged it but my phone is pucker!!! 3g 4.2.1 , ran redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 and SAM , not sure where i unlocked my phone as well but woop woop, everythings fine you people are what dreams are made of!! ty DEV-TEAM. and of course @sbingner !!!!! legends x
  • Bunda
    Bunda Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    How did you solve the problem? I did the same thing and I also have a password and I'm also stuck in emergency call...
  • angel
    angel Posts: 81
    via Wordpress
    I unlocked mine using SAM and it is working very well! Thank to bingner group
  • Funk
    Funk Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Are you on ios 5.0?thanks
  • Skypici
    Skypici Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have iOS 5 and i can't do anything to activate my iphone with SAM. I have baseband 4.10.01, no operator SIM but i know it is blocked in Canada...I've selected all careers from sam from canada but still in itunes says the sim card inserted in this iphone...
  • sebastian
    sebastian Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Hi i have the iphone 3GS with IOS 4.1 and i have installed SAM but push notifications still don't work, do i need to have it with IOS 4.2.1 or what do you recomend
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    iphone 3gs, iOS 5.0.1used SAM, de-activated, stockification, launched itunes, didn't promt anything, but it says wildcard activated.didn't solve battery drain issue :\
  • george
    george Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    Iphone 3gs, ios 5.0.1Used SAM 1. deactivated 2. Ran latest redsnow jailbreak with all options offOnly problem is that I get Factory Activation under activation state. And SAM cant take it off. But other than that everything working right and no more network problems because of location services ON. Dont have battery drain problems either.
  • george
    george Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    Does anyone know if there is anything wrong having it in Factory Activation mode?
  • lewo
    lewo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    And whar about PUSH? Does it work on your iPhone?
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    I have an iphone 4 which I had upgraded to 5.0.1 and jailbroken with baseband 4.10.01This is an iphone locked to a canadian cell provider. I am using it with T-mobile USA using Gevey.SAM and SAMPrefs revert lockdownd to stock completely messed up my phone. 1. Now when I connect to itunes with the T-Mobile sim on a Gevey tray, iTunes tells me that this is not a supported SIM.2. When I reboot the phone it asks me to activate it then tells me the SIM is not supported.I am up a creek without a paddle. But blog after blog I've read that if I run 'Stockify' using SSH, it will undo the revert.Yet there isn't a single instruction anywhere on how to actually find and run this program - it IS installed on my phone. So if you've successfully run this program, please let me know how.Otherwise any help on activating this phone without original SIM is appreciated.Thanks
  • Hassan
    Hassan Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    i have the same problem. io5 and from canada and 4.10.01. do you have the solution now?? plz help
  • erm
    erm Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Help needed urgently….Please….I have a problem with the SAM thing. Here is what happened. I wanted push notification and imessage on my recently jailbroken iphone which uses Gevey Ultra for unlock. So I installed the SAM and I started following the steps. I went as far as clicking the ‘Revert lockdown to Stock’ which gave me a successful message, then I was supposed to sync with itunes, but I tunes said that my sim was invalid and stuff but I was still using the iphone. So I tried again and again no luck. Then I thought it would be a good idea to uninstall the SAM thing and then I rebooted my iphone. Now just when the iphone is on, it says connect to itunes and makes me choose wi-fi networks. When I connect to itunes, it says, ‘The sim card inserted in this iphone does not seem to be supported’. Im living in Africa, so there is no way I can get the official sim card. What can I do please tell me. My iphone is unusable for now. Should I try to restore from a backup or something…?The phone is iphone 4, ios 5.0.1, Gevey Ultra unlocked, baseband 4.10.01, and was jailbroken.Please HELP!!!!!
  • Bru
    Bru Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hello, I have 2 iphones with same bb, one phone works another not. doin the same jb and same stuff with same and itunes.. When i turned on itunes i got a message : error 1664, don't know what to do, tryied jb again deactivated etc.. but same ****.. no Sam shows that WILDCARD activated but no carrier, tried everything pls help.
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 53
    via Wordpress
    Have to say, followed a tutorial like this to the letter and it worked perfectly. Running an iPhone 3Gs (old Bootrom) on ios 5.0, with iMessage working perfectly. Piece of piss to do, would reccomend you try if you are a bit worried, don't be, worked flawless on this model anyway. Thanks for the tips. :-)
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 53
    via Wordpress
    ONLY THING ISi didn't have to TOUCH redsn0w - i did it all on the device.
  • Fernando
    Fernando Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I had the same problem. how can I update my baseband from 4.12.01 to 06.15.00?