Geohot May Have An Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.2.1

2»

Comments

• Unlock Watcher
    Unlock Watcher Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I agree its all rumors but no actions. 3 months and still no Unlock solution and there will be another firmware update! Oh well, sometimes patients is a virtue...Smh
  • Conan
    Conan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    just want to say ...... good hacker or not !!!!!!!! temptation only the best for us, i be the best of the best ...... thanks for trying to fool who deceives us in the same way.. (Portugal)
  • Startek
    Startek Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    thanks Geohot..i know for me i do tekkie stuff all day and I would rather not have to do it myself lol....kudos to you and thanks!!
  • Startek
    Startek Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    lay it on us man!!!yeehaaaaaa
  • nicacolo
    nicacolo Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    I wouldn't try those pay sites,Just be patient, I restored my iPhone 4 last week thinking there was a jailbreak,'well there was but only for Macs... FML!!
  • Shrug
    Shrug Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    actually he was using the exploit shown by the group failOverfl0w.still very impressive, but not entirely his credit.kudos to all the hackers and crackers which made this all possible.
  • Shrug
    Shrug Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    i have the battery drain issue and SAMPrefs is not helping it, also i've lost the use of my gps.i cannot recommend this method for the iphone 3g
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    For those worried about the newest version I had to bring my phone in for repair so I upgraded to 4.2.1 and unjailbroke it, got the phone fixed, and when I got the phone back with the SHSH files and QuickPWN I got it back down to 4.1 for an untehtered jailbreak. It's not the end of the world being on the newest version if you have an older fun and backed them up. This was off a 3GS new bootrom.
  • Bill Gates
    Bill Gates Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Rubyra1n.com or Purplera1n.com post needs a correction.
  • FU
    FU Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    Don't bother cause his 1st name is jack and 2nd name is ass.
  • divious
    divious Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    at leats Geohot doesn't put a bogus release date out there and have us waiting forever for an unlock that doesn't work
  • Migo
    Migo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I did purchased from one of them and they are scammers , everything they have is the works of Dev Team and Geohot , they doesn't have something more than the released known tools and If you buy unlock now you will find nothing for the new Base Band , they are waiting for it like us , add on that no support and no answer after purchasing they hide like they never been available .
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    May have and having is so different, what the hell is the JB team doing nowadays!
  • Vteckrr
    Vteckrr Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I think he might be back for 4.2.1 jailbreak. But i think he is busy hacking ps3 with codes. :D
  • shazam
    shazam Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    And you're the reason he stopped publically releasing his work in the first place! Maybe some appreciation and respect should be given instead of insults. Unless of course you have a free jailbreak or useful contribution to make to the iPhone community?! Didn't think so...
  • modi
    modi Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    Not for all devices... ok. How about iPhone4 & iPads :) That would be what it is I am talking aboot.
  • Meongzkey
    Meongzkey Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Well, buy a factory unlocked iPhone 4 (like the one I'm using now) and then you don't have to wait for the JB and unlock to be released.
  • iPhonist5Gs
    iPhonist5Gs Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    wtf is Geohottie? Is that slang for some kind of natural digital geyser?
  • HimageN
    HimageN Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I think your right. I believe that ios jailbreaking and unlocking is on the backburner because all of the best hackers are busting their butts digging into the ps3. I love my jailbroken ps3 and the possibilities but to me, using my still boxed iphone 4 means a lot more. 1. Please unlock 03.10.01 2. Please provide a fully functional IOS 4.2.1 untethered jailbreakThank you to whoever provides these necessities
  • Bradibiza
    Bradibiza Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    They (iPhone/chronic dev team) do have the unlock, but are not releasing it until the next firmware upgrade. The unlock is a hardware hack meaning that all devices will be unlockable. They do not want to release this as don't want to tip apple off, so they change the chipset on the device. Meaning iPhone 5 will also be unlockable. The majority of you cretins don't deserve a jailbreak. Your posts on here make me sick. You can't even be fussed to google it. 4.1 has been unlockable since limera1n. I can only presume that your iPhone was stolen, as you clearly have not got the brains or the credit rating to one your own.
  • kliszcz3
    kliszcz3 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Well said shazam!!!!!
  • Migo
    Migo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Do you have the unlock for BB 2.10, and if yes what is the reason of the delay releasing?
  • ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    to all small people who enjoy JB and UL on there idevice.and it is all FREE!!so small unthankfull people... stop craying as babys.. hooo i want JB now.. :-((let the DEV TEAM, GEOHOT and other work and shere there good will with others.and all of those who can't see what you get for free.....i fell sorry for you!Shazam said it well.
  • Thoughtless
    Thoughtless Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I just hope it comes out soon I stupidly updated my iPhone 4 to 4.2.1 without saving my shsh blobs so thus for I am screwed till then lol
  • Elaine
    Elaine Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    i saved my shsh blobs =( but i can't downgrade! i keep on getting an itunes error..=( *sigh* i hope its released soon.. i miss my jailbreak
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    I used Redsn0w and Blackra!n on my 3g and am currently using Limera!n on my 4. While I do look forward to an untethered JB release so I can upgrade to 4.2.1, I'm glad the Devteam are taking their time with it and am thrilled that Geohot is back on the scene.Thank you guys for all your hard work. I and many other do trully appreciate it. To hell with the haters.
  • adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress
    is anyone else worried that these guys work so hard and its been taking longer and longer to perfect these jailbreaks that soon, we will be out of exploits to jb? oh and dev team, i really respect your guys hard work, unlike a bunch of the douches on this website that like free handouts, i understand how hard it is...keep it up guys!
  • Burki
    Burki Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Hello, I just get my iphone4 today with 4.2.1 software.How can I jailbreak it?What programe can I use to jailbreak it?My phone is Sim-lock free.Please help me?I hope to hear from you soon.Thanks......Burki
  • ink
    ink Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Hey Guys,I have a Iphone 4, 4.2.1 version, modem firmware 03.10.01 Can it be jailbroken? Im on AT&T so I dont need to unlockThanks
  • Drei
    Drei Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'm not sure Geohot's had that much time on his hands lately, given the current lawsuit, and the judge trying to take away all of his equipment. I'm eager to see his newest jailbreak too, but give the guy a break - and some credit.