AT&T Takes a Dig At Verizon, Warns CDMA iPhone Users Of Life In the Slow Lane

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Takes a Dig At Verizon, Warns CDMA iPhone Users Of Life In the Slow Lane

Several reports have confirmed that Verizon will announce Apple’s iPhone on its network at the media event tomorrow.

But reaction from AT&T PR boss about rumors that Verizon will be offering unlimited data plans to iPhone customers as a major selling point suggests that iPhone is finally coming to Verizon.

It is widely speculated that Verizon iPhone will be similar to iPhone 4 but will work on Verizon’s CDMA network.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ybt
    ybt Posts: 102
    via Wordpress
    Yeah I believe that lol. I think verizon sucks. I've had At&t for 6 years almost and haven't had any problems.
  • SexyFireman
    SexyFireman Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I'm totally gone if all this is true ....1. Sell my phone on eBay , craigslist , or whatever 2. Send AT&T a mean note about how happy IAm now that I'm gone and how I don't drop a call in my living room when I have 5 bars in the bathroom 3. Hopefully my bill will be less than AT&T but I think I'm hoping for world peace on that note
  • Asa
    Asa Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    I hope that a lot of AT&T customers leave for verizon here in seattle so my AT&T will be less congestive.
  • Steven M.
    Steven M. Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    After 3-1/2 years of life in the slow lane of AT&T, plus endless dropped calls, I am cutting the cord.
  • meemers
    meemers Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Sounds like sour grapes to me. CDMA is more secure than GSM, so there
  • meemers
    meemers Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Hey! You concatenated my
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Even if AT&T's GSM technology is faster, it doesn't matter if you can't get connected to the network in the first place. The CEO of AT&T should be thrown out of his office. I hope AT&T gets what they deserve; massive revenue loss due to customers switching to Verizon, a network that actually works.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    So you're the one person that hasn't had problems with AT&T. I wondered who that was.
  • Mac
    Mac Posts: 132
    via Wordpress
    Yeh thts wut i hope too
  • Gary
    Gary Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    rather be in the slow lane than the break down lane...
  • Mcsteven
    Mcsteven Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Oh geez here we go. I've had AT&T for a long time. My wife has verizon. And her and I both know I have service more often than her. It's simply a marketing ploy to say verizon has better reception. It's hilarious actually to see all you brainless pigeons all proud about your slow verizon service. And it's true, the iPhone will not work the same on the verizon network. AT&T has nothing to worry about. On another note, I wonder how many anti iPhone people are now gonna flock to a new iPhone just cuz your network carries it now. Hypocrites! All you heard was how much better droid phones are than iPhones. Haha what a laugh. It's clear the verizon community is filled with uneducated sheep.
  • You
    You Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    No AT&T, just, no. I think Verizon's new motto will be"LIFE IN THE FASTLANE!"
  • Mic
    Mic Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    PC or MACIPHONE or DROIDVerizon or AT&T
  • Mic
    Mic Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Slow is Better than Call disconnection or no barshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoLqr6g-KKQWe Need Airtel too
  • Monkeywrench
    Monkeywrench Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    Make that 5 with my 4 lines of awesome service with AT&T.
  • Monkeywrench
    Monkeywrench Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    I'll be excited to see the speed tests of the CDMA iPhones compared to iPhone 4 with AT&T.
  • mars
    mars Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    Tests are already out there. Don't have to wait and see tests lol. AT&T network is faster period. Ever stream netflix over iphone wifi to an xbox 360? Sprint phones can't do it with their 3G...tried. And a Verizon phone can't either...it sucks.
  • al
    al Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    Our problems with AT&T have been minimal as well. There's not one carrier out there who is perfect. I'm sure there are just as many who are ready to jump ship with the other carriers. It's all over the place.
  • al
    al Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
  • SoMeThInG
    SoMeThInG Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Yaaa really AT&T sucks man..!!!!Every month i have to pay $70 bill..!!!Which is really fucking big amount...!!!I will sure switch to verizon if it is providing better services than AT&T at lower cost.
  • DigitalXtreme
    DigitalXtreme Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I started with Cingular that became AT&T and have been with them for a long time. Never had one problem. I lived Los Angeles on and off for 8 years, and only had problems in one hotel with service. It seems that the vast majority of those who **** about AT&T are in NY, LA, and SF. Areas known to be over populated, and horrible line of sight for communication. I had Verizon before, and was ripped off by them (not to mention they have been caught 3 times by the Government doing it). I just can't wait for all the upset Verizon iPhone users to blame Apple when the experience problems on that network. CDMA is slower than GSM, and I am pretty damn sure the vast majority of AT&T iPhone users do not experience the issues the ones that **** about it do. Just saying...
  • clrj14
    clrj14 Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    same here. no problems. 5 years
  • justalfe@gmail.com
    via Wordpress
    i bet in june theyre will be a iphone lte =) and all the people who buy right now will be screwed, but then vzw will offer a upgrade to people who purchased and make that now 4 years with a contract with them, these ceo's arent stupid , money
  • Mayor McCheese
    Mayor McCheese Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Hey, does anyone know if the VZW iPhone will be a global phone (w/CDMA+SIM)? Personally, I have an iPhone 4 unlocked to T-mobile, and for me the flexibility of popping in my UK sim when I in London 1/2 the year is good for me. I doubt the VZW iPhone will be as flexible in this case. I've had ALL of the BIG 4 carriers in the US, and I must say that when I had AT&T my service was NOT absolutely terrible, but I did have a few dropped calls on their "3G" network, but NONE on EDGE. But I can also think back to my MOTO Q on VZW.. I had several dropped calls, as well as SLOW "SO CALLED" 3G "EVDO" internet. And I WON'T even mention Sprint!! I honestly have no complaints with T-Mobile, and I switched for COST.. I just wish the iPhone could take advantage of their HSDPA+ network. All that being said, I think people will be happy with their iPhone NO MATTER what network it's on.. I say let EVERYONE sell it. I got the phone for "IT'S" features, either network will suffice for me. Welcome the VZW iPhone people they deserve to BASK in Apple/iPhone Glory!!!
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    the CDMA protocol, in my opinion, is better then GSM, I could go into a lengthy discussion why, but its enough to say its quite reliable, this is why u rarely if every get a drop call or in case of data packets, speaking of which I think the latency is a bit lower on cdma even if the protocol is more complex, still we can't say if att is better verizon, I can only say this when I was in sprint (CDMA) and fairly small compared to verizon, I never had a single drop called!!! AT&T has improved but they have had to spend much more money because of the nature of GSM ... If I could I would switch but it would cost my family close to 2k in early termination fees and buying new iphones, not to mention verizon fees... so yeah were pretty much stuck with ATT for a while, eitherway the iphone5 will be dual band qualconm have had the chips for a while now ... it would be nice if apple uses them but doubtful until iphone5 and iphone6 will be 4G ...
  • iSteve Hacker Jobs
    via Wordpress
    two idiot companies are bashing each others. what's about an unlock iPhone with T-mobile GSM? I am still able to get all the phone calls, facetime, yahoo IM in slow motion but CHEAP $5.95 a month of unlimited internet.
  • Not Loyal to anyone
    via Wordpress
    What are you talking about? I live in a heavily populated area and have both a Verizon Blackberry and an AT & T iPhone 3GS. The iPhone is the better phone hands down, but until I switched to AT & T to get the iPhone I NEVER dropped calls, PERIOD. In fact, I was just in Las Vegas at CES and thank GOD I brought my Verizon phone because you couldn't access the Internet nor make a call/text with the iPhone. All of my colleagues with AT & T phones had the same problem. I guess we all are just a bunch of sheep, eh?
  • Hellboy
    Hellboy Posts: 0
    via Wordpress