AT&T Takes a Dig At Verizon, Warns CDMA iPhone Users Of Life In the Slow Lane

2»

Comments

• David (israel)
    David (israel) Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    If i am not mistaken, the CDMA problem is that you cannot surf the web while you talking(phone call). and iphone users(not all, but lot of them) do that a lot (like me).Ofcource is not a problem if you on Skype or Viber, but not a phone call.Can it be that Verizon will provide a VoIP for phone calls? can it be done technically?(iphone users will get unlimited plan, aren't they?)
  • hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress
    I used to have a 3G USB modem with Verizon for when I traveled. I couldn't wait to get out of the 2 year contract with Verizon because not only was it capped at 5GB, it was noticeably slower than when I had my jailbroken iPhone tether AT&T's 3G network. There were a few cities where Verizon was better but overall AT&T was the fastest.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    What ever said and done, its a win win for apple
  • stop your beefing
    via Wordpress
    i live in the mountains of NC....AT&T has decent service, but not GREAT service. Verizon on the other hand does have MUCH better service. For me, it's a no brainer. the one with the better service..gets my buck
  • Christian Mercado
    Christian Mercado Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Atat rep ?? Sounds like it
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    I am sure AT&T is fantastic if you live near a big city. Then you can have 3G possibly 4G. Where I live it is impossible to get even a signal much less 3G In some of the rural areas. While at the same time I can't make a phone call the guy next to me with verizon has 3G. That gets a bit frustrating. The iPhone is such a good tool that I have been willing to put up with less then Good coverage. AT&T please fix your 3G coverage before you take on 4g!
  • Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    F*** Att I leaving because of the data plan it's sucks Att sucks I want unlimited data plan I think Att will lose alot of customer
  • Yokel
    Yokel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I used to work for AT&T online support, and you wouldnt believe the amount of customers they lost a day. I'm sure its the same for all carriers. But its kinda sad when most of the AT&T employees had these "slow" CDMA phones with Sprint and Verizon.
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    I still believe the iPhone to be the problem the design is flawed. If it's not why did they try to change the antenna on iPhone 4. I did not have problem with my other phones ( blackberry, palm) before I switched to iPhone. I love my iPhone and unless it get so bad as unusable I will keep it and I multitask all the time on this iPhone couldn't do without that feature.
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    Happy to say i have iphone 4 and its the best and will remain the best phone on the market. not because att or verizon but because its an apple product.I currently have att and dont plan on switching to verizon. have never had service problems period.Alot of people wont realize the prices of verizon untill there plans untill they actually see the bills come in.ITS ALL A GIANT MIND F..K.....
  • Naco
    Naco Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Also happy with AT&T, and have been with them since 2002. And for all of you people claiming AT&T will lose a lot of customers to Verizon, I guess maybe no one thought of the massive $375 cancellation fee (for iPhone4) that AT&T put in place to prevent that ha haWhatever you all decide to throw your money away on, I'm happy where I stand.
  • Jesse
    Jesse Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    I think AT&T has spotty service which blows. But I cant complain one bit about their 3G network. They are way over priced tho, with Tmobile I had unlimited everything for 80. ATT its like $80 for 2 GB, 450 min (I talked them into giving me a 1000 a plan not offered any more) and unlimited text. As for Verizon in my area which is kinda in the sticks they are awful for cell and data and I dont know there pricing.. So stickin with AT&T Honestly I dont really like either carrier. I like Apple.
  • H-Town hednoize
    H-Town hednoize Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I encourage all unhappy AT&T iPhone users to switch to the new CDMA iPhone. I use both AT&T (personel) and Verizon (work) networks. While service varies for both carriers, overall AT&T is a much faster network... when it works like it should. I drop at least one call every couple of weeks. But I also live in the 4th largest media market in the US, so dropped calls happen.Verizon has never dropped a call of mine, but it is limited by its legacy network infrastructure. The biggest limitation of this old equipment is that I can't even receive emails while I am on the phone. While it sounds trivial, for someone used to using an iPhone and not used to being limited by talking on the device, this is a big problem. Why should I use my personal phone to look at my work email because I am talking on my work phone??The bottom line is this: The more people that freak out and jump ship to Verizon, the better and more stable my AT&T network becomes. Fewer dropped calls. My network speed increases. I would advise against it to family and friends, but anyone else can go. Good riddance.
  • Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    you guys are all fuc**ng idiots. ATT 3g is SPOTTY PERIOD. had att iphone for 8 months, couldnt take it any more 3g here not 3g here, SHI**Y, SH**TY service for data. no problems with voice. Canceled payed my ETF. went to verizon got a DroidX, cant hardly get off 3g, believe me Ive tried. its all about YOUR LOCATION. PERIOD. DX is a badass phone, Iphone is a badass phone (if Jailbroken to Customize) I hate those FU**ING squares. When Apple make something that can compete with the andriod os and not regurge the same old squares I might go back to iphone but man im happy with 3g where ever i go. And the talking and surfing BULLSH*T, C'MON MAN. AND WTF is that guy talking about getting emails while talking on the phone, C'MON MAN. GET THE F**K OFF THE PHONE AND READ YOUR EMAILS. PEACE F**KERS
  • Jesse
    Jesse Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    If we all lived next door to you yeah go with Verizon but I can't get a bar to make a call with them. I've never lost 3G service from AT&T so we are all idiots cuz of where you live. Have fun on your half a ss 3G with your giant ugly phone bit ch
  • chumpchang3
    chumpchang3 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    team edward or team jacob :P
  • yoursurprise-bellatio-3
    via Wordpress
    Thanks on your marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back someday. I want to encourage continue your great job, have a nice weekend!