Instructions on how to Unbrick iPhone - Downgrade from iPhone 1.1.1 to iPhone 1.0.2 for the Hacked i

2»

Comments

• RohitSingh1982
    RohitSingh1982 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

HELP!!

I RESTORED MY IPHONE, AND NOW IT SAYS I HAVE TO ACTIVATE IT. ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWHERE SO I CAN USE MY SIM CARD ON IT AGAIN.

IF YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT ROHITSINGH1982@GMAIL.COM

• J R
    J R Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

HELP ME TOO!
    i updated my phone also and get the same activate sim message...

• tickc
    tickc Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

ROHITSINGH1982@GMAIL.COM

You cant use the phone function any more. You should not have updated it to 1.1.1

However you should be able to use the rest fine if you follow the above instructions

• Hackz R Us
    Hackz R Us Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Many are clammoring about the update that Apple made to brick 3rd party applications for the Iphone owners everywhere who had hacked and installed 3rd party applications in their fones.However, to my elation I have researched most of the web for updates and read all sources and codes from different countries...you all are happy to be notified that within a week or 2, a new BREAK in the 1.1.1 Firmware and new softwares to unlock the Iphone with simpler application installer are being updated and made this very moment.And i am sure that the Dev Team is in their laboratory thinking of ways to have a reset to factory settings also so that this cat and mouse deal between Apple and the Hackers Worldwide will continue to flourish...unfortunately no detailed release yet has been made.only through my connections from hackers worldwide am I able to confirm that the projects of unlocking the Iphone easier despite new Firmware/Softwares from apple are in circulation.So just sit and wait and be patient.New improve applications and Unlocking tools for your iphone are on the way.So pass the word and update this site for future news and releases heard/seen/tried out there in the web...Much Luv and keep up the GREAT work!!let's make this the best Iphone for the masses. =)

• Brad
    Brad Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Downgraded to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1 AT&T SIM. Everything works but I can not associate with my WiFi Access point. Anyone else having this issue? Everything else seems to work.

• mizdachubz
    mizdachubz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Okay, I NEED SOME INFO.
    Backround info: I bought an unlocked iphone off ebay a few weeks ago, i been using t-mobile.
    Family made me switch to AT&T so now I have AT&T 2 year contract. The salesperson at the cingular/at&t person says to activate it through itunes yada yada and says i can update stuff if i wanted. So after a week the new firmware came out, and it bricked my iphone.
    im wonder when it says.
    ''The iPhone Dev Team are working hard to downgrade the new firmware so that people can unlock their iPhone's again. However until then for iPhone users with a valid AT&T SIM everything should work just fine while those without the valid AT&T SIM can at least work with Wi-Fi and use the iPod.''
    do i fall under the category of "iphone user with valid AT&T sim"? or should i proceed and unbrick? please and thank you

~mizdachubz

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey mizdachubz,

The statement you are referring to depends on the method used to unlock the iPhone.

If it was the free unlocking method (anySIM) by the iPhone Dev Team then it has been observed that even though you can downgrade to iPhone firmware 1.0.2, the phone functionality doesn't work even with a valid AT&T contract. The iPhone Dev Team is currently working to fix this.

However, if one has used the unlocking method by the iPhoneSIMFree then after downgrading the iPhone to firmware 1.0.2 all the functions work fine if you have a valid AT&T contract.

So what you will need to find out is which method was used to unlock the iPhone that you bought at Ebay to see if it is applicable for you.

Hope this answers your query.

cheers!

• skild4life
    skild4life Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi,

Can someone please help me. After i download the software to downgrade my iphone and i try to run the program it is asking me for a password. I was wondering if anyone knew what that password was. I have a MAC if that helps. I follow the directions exactly up to when my MAC ask if i want to complete download i click on yes. Then there is just this folder in my app labeled 1.1.1 with lots of .img files and only two files i can actually open.

• mizdachubz
    mizdachubz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Okay this was my last post

Okay, I NEED SOME INFO.
    Backround info: I bought an unlocked iphone off ebay a few weeks ago, i been using t-mobile.
    Family made me switch to AT&T so now I have AT&T 2 year contract. The salesperson at the cingular/at&t person says to activate it through itunes yada yada and says i can update stuff if i wanted. So after a week the new firmware came out, and it bricked my iphone.
    im wonder when it says.
    ''The iPhone Dev Team are working hard to downgrade the new firmware so that people can unlock their iPhone's again. However until then for iPhone users with a valid AT&T SIM everything should work just fine while those without the valid AT&T SIM can at least work with Wi-Fi and use the iPod.''
    do i fall under the category of "iphone user with valid AT&T sim"? or should i proceed and unbrick? please and thank you

~mizdachubz

the admin said i need to find out my method. i finally contacted my seller, he said he used a software called "unlock-fast" will the unbrick method work?

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

have iphone and it was unlocked before i did a full restore and it updated to 1.1.1 i down graded and jailbroke it again and now all my does is say activate iphone connect to i tunes incorrect sim insert an unlocked and valid sim i have at&t for service but cant fix my phone need help

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    I had a unlocked 1.0.2 iphone and when installed appsnapp, this ended in an unusable phone. iTunes suggested to restore, and I didn't realize that it would upgrade to 1.1.2!! Now I'm a angry brick owner!
    Is there a metheod to just 'copy' a fresh 1.0.2 onto it like putting something on a memory stick (which it is somehow)??
    From there I could start to apptapp it again.
    Thanks for any infos!

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress

Ok! I managed to get it working again:
    - Downgraded to 1.0.2
    - Using iNdependece 1.3, jailbrake und SSH
    Didn't need to unlock anymore - was working right away.
    Cheers.

• laura
    laura Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

HEY I JUST DOWNGRADED MY IPHONE FROM 1.1.2 TO 1.1.1 SO THAT I CAN USE JAILBREAKME AND I DOWNLOADED IT AND IT WORKED BUT NOW I DONT HAVE ANY BARS TO CALL ANYONE AND IT WONT LET ME CALL ANYONE :( WAT SHOULD I DO AND ITS MY BDAY TODAY:( SUMONE PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH INFO XTOHOT2HANDLE@AOL.COM
    THANK YOU FROM LAURA

• Jenna
    Jenna Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

HI everyone....PLEASE PLEASE help me. Will this restore fix an iphone that has gone into read-only mode?? I screwed something up trying to install an application and the phone is now black and says mounted read only. When I put it in it's dock it says "stacking" ... Will doing a recover fix this problem? If not, please help me figure out how... I live outside the US and I have no access to APple help...Thanks

• ibeer
    ibeer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi...Im having the exact same problem as Laura!!! PLEASE help us..... If anyone knows a step by step fix, i would appreciate it SOOOOOO Much. I also live outside the US with no access to apple.! I accidently erased a file i think that makes the phone mount ....so now all i get is a black screen with the same writing as above.....mounted in read only mode...
    I had the 1.0.2 software installed....Will downloading it once more and running a restore through I tunes work??? PLEASE help me. My email is ibeereltayib@hotmail.com If anyone can help email me at any time

• bobby nichols
    bobby nichols Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • doudoututu
    doudoututu Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Hey. I need to to ask some thingis this a wordpress website as we are thinking about changing more than to WP. Also did you make this style on your own? Cheers.