Verizon iPhone Vs AT&T iPhone Compared

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVerizon iPhone Vs AT&T iPhone Compared

iPhone users in the US have who have cribbed about AT&T’s network and service ever since the iPhone was launched almost 4 years back will finally be getting an opportunity to switch to another carrier when Verizon starts offering Apple’s iPhone in early February.

We thought it was high time to weigh the pros and cons of the Verizon iPhone that users should consider before jumping ship.

Network Reliability:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jatt
    Jatt Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    I love at&t, but here is the thing, my data speed is HORRIBLE here in Colorado. If I thought Verizon would be better, I would switch. I have complained to at&t and they have done nothing. I get barely .25 MBPS down.
  • JOB Dave
    JOB Dave Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    I see no reason to switch carriers at this time.
  • CRAZMEX
    CRAZMEX Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Left verizon to get the iPhone. Going back to verizon because of coverage issues, my phone is just a brick when I travel up to northern az. Never had issues with verizon when I was with them going to same places. Don't use the voice/data thing so it's time to go back.
  • Jatt
    Jatt Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    i get like 1.21mbps...
  • Lg1
    Lg1 Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    I have been with AT&T for about 12 yrs and I'm a former employee. I will not give it up just because I know what to say in order to get it my way. The service can be improved and get a drop call here and there but I can always deal with it...I will NOT jump ship! My 3G service is great at my house plus I have wifi so my iPhone 4 works perfect. I only need a jail break!
  • Josh Link
    Josh Link Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I'm leaving t-mobile and hopping on Verizon. Who seriously surfs the web while talking on the phone. That is too funny to me. But I'm excited about the 3G and to have Verizon's service. And with some plans you get to add up to 10 of your contacts to get unlimited minutes with them. So yeah. Verizon here I come.
  • Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    When I tether my laptop to my AT&T iPhone I can still make & receive phone calls...good luck with that on Verizon. Plus GSM data speeds are higher than CDMA...have fun with that.
  • iPhone junkie
    iPhone junkie Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I love my AT&T service. I have been a customer for 4 years and I have an unlimited voice and data plan. I don't like the idea of having any limitations. My plan is also reasonably priced. Olive to tweet and play around on Facebook. Couldnt imagine having a limited plan.
  • Hello
    Hello Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    well here is the thing with the att iphone i can unlock and Have the option to use it with tmobile and other GSM carriers .... plus give wifi to my loptop and my ipad while im talking to my mami isnt that cool? fastest 3g and many other cool stuff .. all this things that the verizon iphone wont be able to do (: .. i wouldnt leave att ... verizon sucks just get att ppl
  • al
    al Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 using T-Mobile. Yes I do know that the iPhone does not support tmobile's 3G network and I can only use the 2g. I have the unlimited data plan with tmobile and so far no complaints about using the 2g Internet. The speed is reasonable especially for what I currently pay. Will be staying with tmobile at least until att decides to bring the unlimited data plan back for new customers. By the way, GSM is the way to go.
  • al
    via Wordpress
    I forgot to mention that the att version of the iPhone is better. Example, gsm speed is faster than CDMA. Also, when you are downloading music or an app and a call comes In the download will get interrupted with a verizon iPhone, however with the att version your download continues and guess what.... You can also talk at the same time while the download continues in the background!
  • Chomill
    Chomill Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    You do realize that AT&T actually has the same thing that allows you to add non AT&T customers to the A-list so you have unlimited mobile to mobile with non AT&T numbers
  • al
    via Wordpress
    I've been with ATT a long time. But, you know, if I switched to V, there will be problems there, too.I'm staying right here w/ ATT. Not really had any serious problems with them.
  • AK
    AK Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Another major difference: The Verizon iPhone is not a world phone. It will only work in a small number of places. The AT&T iPhone works across the globe including Europe. Seems like a misfire on Apple's side as even Blackberry phones on Verizon are world phones. Was going to be first in line to switch to Verizon but this was the deal breaker. Will wait for the LTE model.
  • Bc
    Bc Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    One thing left out, will the Verizon iPhone work when I travel to London, or how about Sydney, and yes Paris. I don't think so. That's another reason why CDMA tech is so limiting. I'll stay with AT&T, thank you.
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    I love AT&T. My speeds are fantastic. Getting a consistent 5 Mbps down and 1.5 Mbps up! 
  • steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    I've been a att customer for about 12 years, they won't grandfather me with the data plan so I'm leaving. If someone puts i 12 yers with one provider, they should be allowed to be grandfathered in. I'm outta here!!!!!
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Tom, that's not true. I GF,d and only been with AT&T for 3 years. When I went on a cruise to the Bahamas my iphone worked everywhere including in the middle of the ocean. I had at least 5 or 6 people ask me how was my phone working and theirs were'nt. I told them AT&T phones work almost all over the world. They even said they called verizon and told them they were going on a cruise and did what needed to be done so they could use their phone but none of them had phone service on their trip. Next, I have to have Internet and phone service at the same time. All of my customers info is online. I also at times need to run credit cards and I can do that with AT&T. These are some of the main reasons I'm sticking with AT&T. Oh, two verizon customers paid me to use my phone. They offered a certain amount for 2 minutes and yes, I profited. Thanks Verizon.
  • RoB323
    RoB323 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    When you get a phone call on verizon's CDMA network while you are playing a online game or on FaceBook or twitter or YouTube or using the pandora app or any other internet using app radio or otherwise the phone call will go straight to voicemail.
  • Nada
    Nada Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    I'm Sticking with At&t while looking fresh in my TheyLiveandWeSleep "Businessman" tee !!! " They Live Everywhere !!! " +theyliveandwesleep.com+
  • rbg2
    rbg2 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    also the Verizon iPhone will only have a 3G radio, while the AT&T one has 2G and 3G. as such, AT&T's can have up to 14 hours of talk time, while Verizon's will only get up to 7 hours. Coverage is great, but it works better if your phone isn't dead.
  • Nonameforyou
    Nonameforyou Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    The reason you say this is because you've probably not had the ability to so therefore never experienced how useful it really is to have the option to talk & surf. So while I'm on the phone, downloading multiple apps and surfing the web at the same time while not on wifi, hope you have fun having to wait when wanting or having to do the same thing. Nice try with defending an outdated, inferior network that is CDMA.
  • Nonameforyou
    via Wordpress
    Huh, that's odd. On 2 bars I get 2.5 mb/s and on full, 5.8 mb/s. Being on 3G.
  • Nonameforyou
    via Wordpress
    Also, if you're having problems then do what I did & get the app called "Mark The Spot" to get their attention. So far I've gotten a few counties around my city to have 3G with it, AT&T notified me with news and updates via the app and text.
  • Koomoo
    Koomoo Posts: 52
    via Wordpress
    Fuk both carriers T-mobile FTW
  • bdub
    bdub Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    it just really sucks that verizon will offer it, wish only at&t still had the exclusive rights because now every lil wannabe teenie bopper around my area will have an iphone....def wish it wont gonna be this way
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    ATT so you can switch to rogers when you jail break :)
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    AT&T FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!