iPhone Firmware Update 1.1.1 unlocks iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store BUT seems to Partially Brick Unlocked

2»

Comments

• ike2000
    ike2000 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

1. On activate the phone slide to emergency-call
    2. Dial *3001#12345#*
    3. Press Call
    4. Go to Field Test Menu
    5. Choose versions
    6. Firmware version less than 3.14 Ok. -- That's 1.0.2. Above that is 1.1.1 -- Can't flash back. Less than 3.14 -- you can upgrade to 1.0.2!

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

I just wanted to pass along my experience

I "bricked" my iphone with the recent update - only showing yellow triangle. I then downloaded an older itunes version (suggestion I found) and tried to restore - IT WORKED. Restored to 1.02 then I tried to updated to 1.1.1 and that also WORKED.

All good to go. The older itunes version was 7.3.1 and it was able to restore me to 1.02.

This was not an unlocked phone, but it was mildly hacked. Worth a try if you cant do anything else.

• markman
    markman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

for Rob
    yes you can update your firmware from 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 to 1.0.2...at first download 1.0.2 firmware and then go to iTunes and press shift + restore button...

• shagster
    shagster Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

can someone please try this with a unlocked bricked version?

Thanks

• Mohsin
    Mohsin Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

i just tried to downgrage from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 using itunes 7.3.1 but when i connect my iphone to the computer it says that i cant connect to an iphone unless i have vs 7.4 + any tips on how u did it with 7.3.1??

• Mohsin
    Mohsin Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

ok so i got the itunes 7.3.1 to recognize the phone by going into restore mode but when i tried to get the phone to update using 1.0.2 it said unknown error. i also tried vs. 1.0 and 1.0.1 just incase. im an att customer but i did have the anysim unlock on my phone... so i guess it settles that? any1 else with better luck then me?

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

same problem as Mohsin. I dont know how to fix it! Someone please help!! I dont want to have to buy another iphone and help Apple's stock!

• gas
    gas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

same problem unknown error help......

• Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

I have iTunes version 7.3.2.6 and i never updated it ever since I got my iPhone, which is version 1.0.2 . Everytime I connect my iphone to itunes, it says that i have the latest software installed which is 1.0.2 . Even if i click the "check updates" button, it still tells me i have the latest software installed! Im sure never gona upgrade my itunes.

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

I have an unmodified iphone. I never tried to unlock it or change it. Apple's latest update bricked my phone and Apple is refusing to support me, accusing me of modifying my phone which I haven't done.

They may not be a monopoly, but they sure are acting like it... Apple is EVIL!

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

I have an unmodified iPhone and have never tried to unlock or change it. However the latest update bricked my phone and Apple is refusing to support me. They are accusing me of modifying my phone, which I never did. I now have a $600 device that they broke intentionally which I never modified!

they may not be a monopoly, but they sure are acting like it. Apple is EVIL!

• Hackz R Us
    Hackz R Us Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Many are clammoring about the update that Apple made to brick 3rd party applications for the Iphone owners everywhere who had hacked and installed 3rd party applications in their fones.However, to my elation I have researched most of the web for updates and read all sources and codes from different countries...you all are happy to be notified that within a week or 2, a new BREAK in the 1.1.1 Firmware and new softwares to unlock the Iphone with simpler application installer are being updated and made this very moment.And i am sure that the Dev Team is in their laboratory thinking of ways to have a reset to factory settings also so that this cat and mouse deal between Apple and the Hackers Worldwide will continue to flourish...unfortunately no detailed release yet has been made.only through my connections from hackers worldwide am I able to confirm that the projects of unlocking the Iphone easier despite new Firmware/Softwares from apple are in circulation.So just sit and wait and be patient.New improve applications and Unlocking tools for your iphone are on the way.So pass the word and update this site for future news and releases heard/seen/tried out there in the web...Much Luv and keep up the GREAT work!!let's make this the best Iphone for the masses. =)

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

Hey guys, here is the problem i got my iphone yesterday from michigan i live in montreal canada and unfortunatly it s the new version fireware version 04.01.13_G...i want to unlcok it. is it possible to do it ? do i have to downgrade my frimware from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2? How can I do it ??
    please help!

• Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

i'm unlock user can i update my iphone from frimware 1.0.2 to 1.1.1

• iPhone Hacks
    iPhone Hacks Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Hey max,

At this point of time it is advisable NOT to update to firmware v1.1.1 if you have unlocked the iPhone running on firmware v1.0.2.

However, we should soon see iPhone Dev team releasing a tool to unlock firmware v1.1.1 for all those who had unlocked their iPhone firmware v1.0.2 so stay tuned @ iPhone Hacks.

cheers!

• Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

please hlep me for god sake
    my unlock iphone is hanging i can't do anything

• Casey Price
    Casey Price Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey I bought an "unlocked" iphone and the phone will work but I cannot use my itunes, it says the sim card I am using is not supported. The guy I bought it from said to uninstall my current version of itunes and reinstall 7.7.1 and I did this but still not working. Any suggestions please????
    Thanks

• kyle
    kyle Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

here is my problem:

i recently got a hold of an iphone, not 3G, and i took it to a local shop to get it unlocked. the guy did it perfect and fine and it worked using my T-mobile SIM card. A couple weeks go by and i make the mistake of updating it through iTunes and now the only lets me make emergency calls and has a picture of a USB and the iTunes logo. It still recognizes that my SIM card is T-mobile on the upper left of the screen. I have tried to restore it through iTunes but it does nothing and puts me right back where i started.

Does ANYONE know about or has had this problem and knows ANYTHING about a solution? please help.

kyleb222003@yahoo.com