AT&T Hits Back At Verizon With New iPhone Ad

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Hits Back At Verizon With New iPhone Ad

Couple of days back, Verizon has started airing a new iPhone commercial that indirectly targets AT&T’s poor network coverage.

AT&T has hit back with its own iPhone commercial appropriately titled “Answer” that directly targets one of the drawbacks of the Verizon iPhone.

Verizon iPhone users won’t be able to simultaneously make calls and surf the web due to the limitations of Verizon’s CDMA network, which has been seen by some users as a deal breaker to switch to Verizon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Warriors
    Warriors Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I think its a dumb ad. AT&T why not concentrate on being able to take a call first, than try and multitask by calling and surfing at the same time.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    I think it is a good commercial, funny BUT I do not think that talking over the phone and surfing the web is a major selling point. I have had iphone since it has first been released, and have never once used that feature. I have nothing against ATT, but do not think that is a strong enough feature to keep people from leaving, because majority of people see it as useless.
  • Click
    Click Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    i use this this option a lot,people who say they don't will realize how much they did when they go to verizon.tired of hearing all the debate on which is better,just use what works best in your area.holy balls they are not the only two carriers in the US.
  • dt56
    dt56 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I agree. Think of it this way: you're using MyWi hotspot and someone calls you. On AT&T, no problem, you can take the call and you are still connected. Verizon, your network will immediately be disconnected. That's a deal-breaker for me. Sticking with AT&T
  • ohyeaa
    ohyeaa Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    T-mobile is the way to go...
  • Click
    Click Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    good point dt56! love miwi
  • KS
    KS Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Totally important for me, tethering and talk at the same time. Finding on Google map while taking down the address on the phone...There are just so much incident that you talk and use the data (surfing, streaming music to you car via bluetoot...etc.) Can't live without both.
  • carberam
    carberam Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Commecial doesn't even make sense. He didn't even find a restaurant, and was far from making a reservation, he would had to have found and saved the number. And thencalled to make a reservation on the phone. His Internet worked unusually fast, and he just scraped everything up off his desk? Where was his laptop or office computer anyways? Point of commercial: AT&T is the number one service for bad husbands and over-all irresponsible and forgetful people.
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress
    AT&T are just childish.
  • CRAZMEX
    CRAZMEX Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I've used it once or twice in about 18months…Not a deal breaker for me. AT&T coverage and Dropped calls is the deal breaker for me!!
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    Your grammar is childish.
  • xero14
    xero14 Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    Havent had slow data or a dropped call with them I live in IL close to chicago. Been with ATT 3 years and use data while chating all the time. No reason to switch for me.
  • Rcas
    Rcas Posts: 53
    via Wordpress
    I've never had a dropped call problem except for in Radcliff, KY and in canyons in the Rockies. I'm always sending pictures while talking on the phone or looking up an address on google maps while on the phone, looking for a restaurant while on the phone...Can't live without it. Why would I switch when I don't have problems with AT&T? The Verizon rep was in my work the other day trying to get me to switch using the dropped call "issue". But its not an issue except for certain localized places for me.. places I don't visit very often if ever again.
  • Say sum...
    Say sum... Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Where you just born stupid? The point of the commercial is to show that you can be on the phone and surf the web at the same time You seriously need to get a life along with worriors if you don't like att just leave already stop complaining and just leave no1 wants to hear some grown men b1tch about a phone company get a life
  • Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress
    AT and T vs Veryzone ... gee you guys are between a rock and a hard place!
  • RelicS13
    RelicS13 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    the way i see it people are gonna hate on the other company regardless of the pros and cons. i love at&t i have their unlimited plan and i havent dropped a call in 3 years, and i go everywhere in southern california, and the whole surfing and talking at the same time actually comes in pretty handy so in my point of view i think at&t is better, but to each their own.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
  • carberam
    carberam Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Wow. You really told me. I was simply commenting on the commercial (verizon has a stronger case with their commercial, IMO) Also,i never was on AT&T, I am jailbroken and unlocked on T-Mobile. I can't stand AT&T, and I bought a 3GS from my brother who switch back to verizon last year.
  • Dubya
    Dubya Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'd switch to verizon if they got decent coverage in my area because the have unlimited Internet. Fuckin AT&T gives me 2 gigs a month. My bill is always outrageous. I have 3G coverage out in the sticks so I tether everything because I can't get highspeed net where i live. Jesus Christ just give me back my unlimited data. It's bs when all the ppl tht still got unlimited only use like 100mb a month if tht. but ppl paying he 2 gig plan are using a like 10'gigs. That's my main complaint on AT&T
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    all this talk about dropped calls from at&t and slow data speeds... seriously? i think all of those facts depends on location because i've never gotten a dropped call and my data is up at reliable speeds. And yes, I'm one of those that use data and voice simultaneously; verizon no go for me. -located in SD. and from Vegas.
  • TarkinMX
    TarkinMX Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    @WarriorsYour comment is somewhat confusing, isn't that what the guy did in the commercial?@DanI'll agree that it may not be a selling point for everyone but it's still a selling point. I run a commercial cleaning company and use this one a regular basis, to me (pardon the expression) it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
  • MarcT
    MarcT Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Im on AT&T and I have had every iPhone since they were released. Ive not once had any problems with dropped calls. I live in NJ.. Also about the data & voice at the same time, it is a huge deal especially in this day and age where people are so into instant information. I would hate to have to wait to hang up with someone to check something on the web. Also I honestly think I may have used under 30 minutes of talk time in the past 2 months. I hardly even use my phone to talk anymore. Think about it, Steve Jobs is a very very very smart man, if he thought for one second that AT&T had a garbage network and that it wasnt the BEST network in the US. Do you think he would have made the choice to have AT&T as the ONLY provider for the iPhone, a device that changed EVERYTHING we know about cell phones? I doubt it..
  • The Nip
    The Nip Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I think this is a strong selling point. Think about the road warriors, who tether their iPhone and talk at the same time. To those who dont maximizes the iPhone's capabilities won't care, but for the ones that do; this will be a selling point.
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    It's funny how the guy has full bars??
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    I think this way of flaming each other will only be win win for Apple.
  • biljeen
    biljeen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I to think the same, Its the dumb most ad. For Latest on iPhone,iPad,iPod, Android and Jailbreak visit www.enewsplus.com Thanks. na dJoin our Facebook page.
  • Tjgator
    Tjgator Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Same here, but when I use it most is for those times when you're on a loonnngg hold, with nothing else to do but surf or check email etc.
  • Joe blow
    Joe blow Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I use pandora all the time and recieve calls and am always surfing the web and on the phone thank you ATT for making it possible to do all these things at once. Only time I drop a call is when my phone changes between edge and 3g. And it isnt very often. Not everyone lives in New York or California.
  • YOUNGSUMMA
    YOUNGSUMMA Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I find it funny that verizon totally abandoned the blackberry & droid campaign!! About a year ago according to verizion the iPhone was a "digitally clueless beauty padgent queen" !So now that the "beauty padgent queen" has crushed all the versions of the droid & blackberry, now verizion is sucking balls to get down with iPhone!!This just goes to show how much verizion doesn't stand behind their products!
  • YOUNGSUMMA
    YOUNGSUMMA Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w83UQkiuNZQ&feature=youtube_gdata_playerAs far as the comparison goes, I had verizon in the past and had a terrible experience with them. I live in NJ (15 min away from NY and i rarely experience any dropped calls at all. All AT&T has to do is focus on their network where their coverage isnt the strongest. Once they fix that issue there will be no issue anymore.