Apple Working On iPhone 5 Prototype With Slide-Out Keyboard?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Working On iPhone 5 Prototype With Slide-Out Keyboard?

Folks at Apple.pro report that Apple is working on three prototypes for the next generation iPhone.

Apple.pro claims that one of the iPhone 5 prototype includes a slide-out keyword.

Taiwanese site Apple.pro which has a strong track record when it comes to Apple related news, reports:

There are three iPhone5 prototypeone is a sliding cover which

Is the introduction of the keyboard after the side cover

Read the full story here

Comments

• Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    I don't mind a slide-out keyboard, as long as it's vertical. I HATE landscape. Everything is too far away from each other.
  • Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    I can actually see Apple making an iPhone with a physical keyboard. Think about it... it would be another choice in the iPhone series (iPhone Nano, iPhone Regular, and the iPhone slider)Looks like Apple is feeling the heat from other platforms like Android and WM7 that have numerous phones that carry their OS. Don't see it as a bad idea IMO
  • Rod
    Rod Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    1st! this would be gross
  • simone
    simone Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I don't need the slide out keyboard. I'm a gun at the touch screen!
  • Investor
    Investor Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
  • Abel
    Abel Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    You weren't even close, moron.
  • KS
    KS Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Hell No...iPhone with physical keyboard is not call an iPhone...
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    We are over the keyboard now, I'd rather have a thinner phone and use the touch screen. The only people wanting a physical keyboard are those that haven't spent time using a touchscreen! I would argue a touchscreen is much faster.
  • DJ
    DJ Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    might be good to add keys or directional pad for gaming
  • janiha
    janiha Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Not so long ago I saw a video of a motivational speaker (can't remember his name) who talked about innovators and followers. He gave Apple as an example of an innovator, a business with an idea that went its own way without too much thought for rivals, that others tried to copy and catch-up. If all the latest rumours are true (iPhone Nano to cover to low-end market, physical keyboard to challenge Blackberry etc), it seems like Apple is starting to shift from innovator to follower...Pity.
  • BA Norwood
    BA Norwood Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I don't think it's necessarily a "following" move. It's just a smart and very logical thing to do. See, Apple is a company. Apple makes money. So if Apple wants to make more money then, A) make a cheaper phone that parents can buy their kids, and B) make a 2nd option for buyers still tapping away on ancient BlackBerry's. Not following, just coming late to the party.
  • Globe
    Globe Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    So there wouldn't be a rear facing camera on the slide out slide out model, or how would that work?
  • KT
    KT Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    IPHONE WITH KEYPAD IS NOT AN IPHONE. It spoil the cool factor of APPLE.
  • Lavender
    Lavender Posts: 130
    via Wordpress
    For every person like you that says an iphone with a keypad (keyboard) is not an iphone ... there's another person who says, if Apple makes it, then it is cool by definition and they'll line up outside the shop 3 nights before to get one! :P
  • Shalashaska
    Shalashaska Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    well..mostly iphones are aesthetic..the keyboard would look like a hairy mole on a models face..when i first got the iphone i was horrible at typing..now i can do it while driving(occasional intervention from spellcheck)...DONT DO IT APPLE
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    Granted that in terms of design they are somewhat innovative. However.I love Apple's innovative approact that denies users the ability to customise their property and install the applications of their choice.Certain "new" features of ios have been around for years on other platforms or jailbroken devices.Apple certainly go their own way because they consistently ignore the voice of their customers.
  • hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress
    You can't emoji with a real keyboard. Ok maybe you can but I still prefer it this way.
  • Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress
    Not needed, it would be something else that can break, make the phone thicker and heavier and as others have said it would not be the same. I doubt this rumor is true.
  • gil
    gil Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    Don't text and drive at the same time worst case scenario could land you a lengthy stay at one of our lovely prisons on a involuntary manslaughter charge if you struck a pedestrian and killed him with your vehicle. Who cares about the phone. But I agree with you, no slide out keyboard I hate them, there sooo Palm 90s ughh.
  • iFear
    iFear Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    no way iphone will have a keyboard it is just useless, using the touch screen is way faster, iphone with keyboard is a failphone
  • keyboard
    keyboard Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I would like iPhone to have two physical sliding keyboards. One for regular keys and the other for special keys and may be third one for...
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Will never make it to production.
  • Pagen64
    Pagen64 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    The only people who would benefit from a keyboard, are women with 3" Nails who think they can peck at the iPhones touch screen to type. This is the #1 reason my girlfriend will not get one.
  • mato
    mato Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    i think it will cost more... i mean production cost. so i think apple will drop this idea
  • Nonono
    Nonono Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    This is the first apple product i don't want to buy.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Touch keypad is faster than a physical keypad if u are used to it .. I type faster on iphone than BB
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    IMHO...this model is gay. Who needs a slide out keyboard? Only Microsloft uses this. I would hate to see the future generation coming out with a slide out keyboard. This is one of the phone that I will never look into getting. Okay, the slide keyboard is not what I want to see. But What I want to see have the 5th generation be iphone 4 S or G (G for LTE), if I read it right, the rumor said bigger battery? So if that is the case and the next generation iphone is the same design as the iphone 4, I might consider asking them to put in a longer lasting battery :), if not I may just wait and buy one aftermarket and see what happens.
  • yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress
    I wouldn't mind too much. Gaming with a touch screen is kind of frustrating and I like NES and SNES emulators and arcade style games and such.
  • ItsyourBoy
    ItsyourBoy Posts: 83
    via Wordpress
    Lol that's so true
  • Jim e Phone
    Jim e Phone Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Yes, I would love to see this, as mentioned gaming would benefit having a seperate keyboard. Games that have controls on the screen suck as so much real estate is dedicated to them.Having the physical keyboard would not limit a virtual keyboard from still being there, so you could have the best of both worlds.Apple's stragegy seems to be to capture more marketshare.. there are other factors with Nokia/MS and Android that make it a necessity for them to add width to their phone offerings.