Verizon To Discontinue Unlimited Data Plans For iPhone Customers By Mid-Summer

2»

Comments

• Biz
    Biz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I would not of dropped the $$$$$ for this iPhone if I knew that they were going to pull a stunt like this!!!! I am unhappy with Verizon wireless :(
  • rashidas
    rashidas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I just want to know im I grandfather in. Do i keep my unlimited data.
  • Hope
    Hope Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I think some people here are getting the wrong idea why the Verizon data plan may be changing. We have 4 iphone's on the family plan. We are all on the $30. each data plan a month. of course you can't buy one for one kid and not the other. The data plan is not family discounted. We don't use $120. worth a month of data. We are mostly using Wi-fi. From what I understand Verizon is going to make the new data plan with options so that people can better afford the iphone data coverage and not be forced to pay $30. every month for each iphone. The way they have it right now is to expensive for the entire family to have iPhone's. I was told this by a Verizon sales person, I am hoping they do have options to fit the family budget better.
  • steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
    Think of it this way, if you only have X amount of time to use your phone, say 2 hours a day. If your speed of download changes then you will end up using up more data. From 3g to 4g your going to see a big jump in download data usage. Just like when you had a slow connection on your PC and then upgraded, you still spend X amount of time on the PC but your download usage skyrocketed. Same will happen with the phones, tiered plans to make them sound good to us is what they want, but if you do the math you will realize everyone will end up downloading more data.
  • King Awesome
    King Awesome Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    LMAO is not actually a word, it's an acronym! And if you're not seeing those terms anymore, maybe you're too trendy for the comments section and should go use the latest successor to Twitter.